Getting rid of 4th Edition stuff

you and I have a very different understanding of works pretty well.

Faeries have been neutered in the same sense as all of 5th edition has: it emphasizes crunch over story, and the story is what brought me to the game. Another way of saying this is 5th edition has less flavor than earlier editions. And Tim, I never said it sucked. In fact, I own every single 5th edition book, I wouldn't have bothered spending my hard earned cash otherwise.

I don't really see how we could break the Tuatha de Dannan from Faerie. I mean, they are pretty much the core of the Celtic Twlight view of how faeries work. I've tried hard to kill the Celts Were Right view from earlier editions (that we should use their terms and see their interpretations as the base from which others are viewed as variants) but having said that, I can't quite see a way to divorce the Tuatha from faeries because the whole Irish folklore into English thing from the Victorian period seems to wedge them in there and taking them out would make things very difficult for new players, who mostly know faeries from that sort of material.

I'd like more realms. What do you suggest?

I'd subaspect the existing realms, honestly.

So for the faeries you get the various pantheons
For magic you get the various raw forms of magic
for the divine you have the 3 big religions (Judaeism, Christianity, Islam)
for the infernal you have the types of sin.

That's not how I see it -- which doesn't necessarily mean that you're wrong.

My intention is to emphasise giving troupes the tools and inspiration they need to create their own stories, rather than telling stories in the game books. I know that a lot of people love the metaplot of games, but I still feel that, if you want to tell a story, you should write a novel. The players should write the stories in a roleplaying game. Now, ArM has never been a metaplot-heavy game, but this could be part of what you are seeing.

It should be said that I see crunch as an important tool to give to troupes. Functioning crunch is very hard to create, so it's better to make it available, and let troupes ignore it if they want to. That does mean that there's a lot of crunch in ArM5 books, but I'd say that the last three releases have been all story and no crunch.

Can you be more specific?

It has less Demon-sauce than ArM3, but I think it has more flavours available than earlier editions. They are not ready-mixed, however.

Thank you!

Thank you for this!

Amen (as they say).

I'd have a primordial realm- the stuff of creation, heavily laden with dragons and monsters from the most primitive recesses of history.
I'd have a Vedic realm- a realm of giants, titans, and ancient and nearly forgotten gods.
I would have a realm of the dead. Valhalla or a realm of warriors may be included or a separate realm
Infernal, as demons exist through all cultures.
A realm of the fallen but not-so-forgotten Gods
A realm of the Genie/Genus- platonic ideals and remote spirits
A realm of faerie, which are not pale reflections of tales which are told but a race without death in a realm of eternal and often savage games, where death can be a temporary inconvenience or all too real.
A realm of fable, because I want to use the faerie rules from 5th edition somewhere.

I would actually not have a divine realm. Let theologians claim it is too far removed for man to access. Divine entities (saints and angels) should be rare, and the power of some churchmen undeniable, but I would eliminate divine auras as well, either the whole of the earth belongs to he who created it. Though non believers might have other explanations. Faith of course should exist, and be usable anywhere.