Good Chimera for Falcon?

As the title says. What's a good Chimera Inner Heartbeast for an Outer Heartbeast of falcon? I was thinking lynx for miniature darker-colored griffon, but that's both kida unoriginal and straddles the line between noble and silly a little too much simply because it's pretty small. What other options can you guys think of that work well?

How about a chimera with the body of a serpent, and the wings, talons and head of a falcon?
The mix of bird and snake has a lot of mythic resonance, from the basilisk to the quetzalcoatl.

Rabbit-bird?

What about a harphy? Or is partly human not adequate for a chimera?

Salvete
Widewitt

The Chimera rules explicitly disallow partial-human chimerae like centaurs or mermaids. Thank you for the idea though!

Hm... Snake is pretty resonant as mentioned, but I just can't help but laugh at the mental image of a snake with bird feet and a hawk face.

I'd be totally down with a lynx-sized griffon. That's very cool.

-Ben.

Agreed!

Exalted had something which was basically a snake with hawk wings and legs/claws.

You are not that far from a cockatrice (often confused with a basilisk in period, if indeed they ever were different animals): a cockerel with a snake -like body. replace the cockerel with a falcon and you've got a very fierce-looking cockatrice. Try looking here: http://bestiary.ca/beasts/beast265.htm

Mark

Mhhh... Maybe a Salamander to have a phenix. The salamander obviously for her strong connection with fire, not for the body part.

Alternatively, if somebody can think of an animal linked to lightning, you could go towards Thunderbird, altough it is very Ameridian so harder to fit into Mythical Europe.

I like the Quezacoalt proposal.

With a lion body, you can have a hieracosphynx - suitable for Levant Tribunal or magus originating for what is now Egypt. If the magus is a Seeker or has some connection to the Enigma, that would be ideal, considering the nature of the beast.

If you want to go really weird, you can look at the Enfield(the head of a fox, forelegs like an eagle's talons, the chest of a greyhound, the body of a lion, the hindquarters and tail of a wolf), replacing the eagle part with the falcon equivalent. It will be only suitable in an Hibernia saga or if the PCs has strong Irish link.

If you're thinking about thunderbird, how about the actual Lightning Bird? It's even noted it was associated with witchcraft and used as a familiar.