Grand Tribunal America 2013

It sounds like there will, in fact, be a Grand Tribunal America 2013. The proposal that is going forward has it located on the central coast of California, in a shared cabin rental, one of the first two weekends of August (the 2nd-4th or the 9th-11th). Based on the number of participants, the cost should be about $200/person for three nights of gaming and fun, including meals, lodgings, and prizes. If you might be interested in attending, why not join the discussion at eriktdahl@gmail.com for more details as they become available.

Hi Erik

Had no idea there were no plans? Great to hear it happening. We are doing OK in UK, only rapidly increasing venue hire costs annoying! I'm thinking of doing a podcast about Grand Tribunal, so we will need an interview. Drop me a pm?

cj x

Great.
I'd really like to visit, but barring me finding a buried pirate treasure I don't see it happening, not for many years to come. Luckily for me the UK venue is much closer.
Have fun

Our only proposal was for a venue that it turns out is not available. But it sounds like there are lots of people still interested, so I am working something out. :slight_smile:

Just let me know when you want to talk about a podcast! I think we're separate weekends again, alas, so no live connection.

Grand Tribunal America 2013, the annual Ars Magica convention, will be held this year over the weekend of August 2-August 4. The attendees will be staying at a vacation rental house in the redwoods region of Northern California, near Santa Rosa, about three hours' drive from San Francisco and Sacramento. There might be a Faerie aura; I apologize for the extra botch dice.

I am currently accepting rental deposits from interested participants ("magi"). Sending me (eriktdahl@gmail.com) $50 via PayPal by May 1 guarantees you your choice of sleeping arrangements for you and those "companions" who are willing to share your room (some have king or queen beds, others doubles, fold-outs, and even bunk beds). Pets ("familiars"?) are also negotiable. Once I have reserved it, we'll divide the cost of the house evenly, including $25 per person for food and prizes. My estimate is that this will run about $250 per magus, which covers three nights. It may very well be less than that.

(There are three potential locations, with the number of rooms scaling up, and I will reserve the one that best fits our party as it looks on May 1. If you want more details about them, just ask!)

If you can't afford to go in on the rental but still want to join us and are willing to sleep wherever there is space, you will be welcome to come as a grog. I'll charge just $25 for room and board if you commit by June 1, and I promise you won't have to take a Ball of Abysmal Flame to the face!

Please write to me if you're thinking of attending, or before you send me money (so I know what to expect before it goes in my account). I look forward to another year of incredible magical power coupled with fun and friends in relaxing, beautiful and perhaps even supernatural surroundings. ARS MAGICA AWESOME EST!

UPDATE:

Grand Tribunal America 2013 will take place at a large house in Lake County, on the southeast side of the lake. A description of the house and all of its amenities is available here: vrbo.com/186128.