Grogs...grogs everywhere!

Martial Abilities, you get free with Custos (your choice of Martial, Academic, or Arcane Abilities). If he's copying the .rtf from MetaCreator, that's how it shows.

Here's a proposal for the autocrat of the covenant.

[size=150]Kester MacLannen [/size]

Role: Autocrat of Canaris Insula
Type: open play
Bio: Kester was the second son of a prosperous wool merchant from a nearby village who had some experience dealing with the covenant and its magi. During one visit to Insula Canaria, he was recruited as an assistant to the current autocrat. Knowing that his brother would inherit the business, he willingly took the job, seeing more of a future in that than in working for his brother. A tiny man, Kester makes up for his small size with a natural air of authority

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1 (1), Pre +3 (1), Com +2, Str -1, Sta -1, Dex -2, Qik -4 (3)
Size: -1 Age: 51 (51), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 145 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 1 (6)
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Virtues and Flaws: Custos, Academic Abilities, Affinity with Profession, Gossip, Poor Quickness, Small Frame, Busybody

Abilities: Artes Liberales 1 (logic), Athletics 1 (grace), Autocrat 4+2 (dealing with problems), Awareness 4 (alertness), Bargain 4 (wool/wool products), Brawl 1 (Dodge), Carouse 2 (staying sober), Charm 4 (appearing authoritative), Civil and Canon Law 1 (laws and customs of Scotland), Etiquette 3 (townfolk), Folk Ken 3 (covenfolk), Gaelic 5 (extensive vocabulary), Guile 3 (lying about the covenant), Hunt 1 (falconry), Insula Canaria Lore 2 (grogs), Intrigue 4 (gossip), Latin 5 (extensive vocabulary), Leadership 4 (grogs), Merchant 4+2 (wool), Order of Hermes Lore 2 (politics), Philosophiae 2 (moral philosophy), Ride 2 (long distances), Scotland Lore 2 (merchants), Scribe 1 (copying), Swim 2 (long distances), Teaching 3 (Bargain), Theology 1 (biblical knowledge), Weaving 4 (wool)

Aging Checks
35: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [5]+4 = 9; no AP
36: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [10]+4 = 14; 1 AP in Qik
37: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [3]+4 = 7; no AP
38: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [2]+4 = 6; no AP
39: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [7]+4 = 11; 1 AP in Dex
40: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [10]+4 = 14; 1 AP in Qik
41: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [2]+5 = 7; no AP
42: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [10]+5 = 15; 1 AP in Sta
43: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [5]+5 = 10; 1 AP in Dex
AGING CRISIS: Aging Crisis: 1D10+5 = [7]+5 = 12; bedridden for a month
44: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [9]+5 = 14; 1 AP in Qik
45: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [6]+5 = 11; 1 AP in Str
46: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [1]+5 = 6
Multiplier: 1D10 = [2] = 2 = 2*2+5 = 4+5 = 9; no AP
47: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [5]+5 = 10; no AP
48: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [10]+5 = 15; 1 AP in Sta
49: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [10]+5 = 15; 1 AP in Sta
50: Aging check: 1D10+5 = [5]+5 = 10; 1 AP in Per
51: Aging check: 1D10+6 = [6]+6 = 12; 1 AP in Pre

It is the way Metacreator lists what the choice of the custos. I can remove the martial ability if it is confusing

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Oh, right. Got it. Now I understand.

[size=150]Cory MacDougal [/size]

Role: Servant to Gavin
Bio: Gavin discovered Cory shortly after his gauntlet. The magus was travelling north when at a village he noticed a shabby fellow of about 18 at the tavern who didn't seem to be bothered by the Gift. The lad seemed sharp and from talking to him, without much of a future in the village. Gavin offered him the job as his personal servant, and Gavin accepted, it being a much more promising future than mucking stables. Over the years, Cory has proven to be every bit as valuable as Gavin hoped he'd be.

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1, Pre +1, Com +1, Str +1, Sta +1, Dex 0, Qik -1
Size: 0
Height: 5'9''
Weight: 145 lbs
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (1)

Virtues and Flaws: Arcane Lore, Unaffected by the Gift, Custos, Academic Abilities, Carefree, Slow Reflexes, Uncertain Faith

Personality Traits: Carefree +2, Flirtatious +2, Loyal +2

Abilities: Animal Handling 1 (horses), Artes Liberales 1 (astronomy), Athletics 2 (running), Awareness 2 (alertness), Bargain 2 (food and lodging), Brawl 2 (Dodge), Carouse 1 (drinking songs), Charm 3 (charming the ladies), Etiquette 2 (magi), Faerie Lore 3 (types of faeries), Folk Ken 2 (townsfolk), Gaelic 5 (extensive vocabulary), Guile 2 (lying to protect his master), Intrigue 2 (gossip), Latin 4, Leadership 1 (grogs), Magic Lore 1 (magic traditions), Magical Theory (setting up a lab) 2 Music 2 (lute), Order of Hermes Lore 1 (personalities), Philosophiae 2 (natural philosophy), Ride 2 (speed), Scribe 3 (copying), Southern Scotland Lore 2, Stealth 2 (sneak), Swim 2 (underwater maneuvering), Teaching 2 (one-on-one), Valet 4 (Gavin's needs)

[size=150]Malcom Loganach [/size]

Role: Gavin's shield grog
Bio: Malcom has been Gavin's shield grog since the magus arrived in Scotland. He's a man of few words, but is utterly devoted to his job. He was recruited into the turb as a gangly teen who had grown up in the gutter. He knows that without the covenant taking him in, he'd probably be dead by now.

Characteristics: Int 0, Per +1, Pre -1, Com -4, Str +3, Sta +2, Dex +2, Qik +1

Size: 0
Height: 5'11''
Weight: 170 lbs
Decrepitude: 0

Virtues and Flaws: Custos, Martial Abilities, Cautious with Single Weapon, Tough (Soak: +3), Dutybound, Raised in the Gutter, Poor Communication

Personality Traits: Brave +3, Loyal +3, Taciturn +2

Combat: Dodge: Init: +1, Attack --, Defense +6, Damage --Sword, Long & Shield, Heater: Init: +3, Attack +12, Defense +11, Damage +9 Fist: Init: +1, Attack +6, Defense +5, Damage +3 Kick: Init: +0, Attack +6, Defense +4, Damage +6 Soak: +10 Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20)

Abilities: Animal Handling 1 (horses), Athletics 3 (running), Awareness 3 (bodyguarding), Brawl 4 (Dodge), Carouse 1 (games of chance), Charm 2 (being charming without talking), Chirurgy 2 (binding wounds), Etiquette 1 (grogs), Guile 1 (lying to authority), Hunt 2 (small game), Latin 3 (talking to magi), Leadership 1 (in combat), Northern Scotland Lore 2, Ride 3 (battle), Single Weapon 6, Soldier 3, Stealth 2 (sneak), Survival 2 (woodlands), Swim 2 (long distances)

Equipment: Full Leather Scale Armor (Soak: 10) (Soak: 10; Protection: 5); Shield, Heater (Init: 0; Atk: 0; Dfn: +3; Str: 0; Cost: Standard) Encumbrance: 0 (3)

What is the uncertain faith flaw? I have never seen that one before.

It's from Grogs, p 84. It's about what it sounds. The character is uncertain about their faith. Makes it harder to invoke faith.

It's a new Minor General Flaw from Grogs, p. 84. "Whether through a flaw in the character’s understanding of doctrine, a moral turmoil, the disheartening absolution of repeated sins, or exposure to conflicting philosophies, he finds it hard to fully express devotion to his faith. Some element of doubt stands between him and the Divine, and all rolls for holy influence, tempering an aura, invoking God’s aid, or invoking a saint or baraka (see Realms of Power: The Divine) suffer a –3 penalty."

I'm getting 9 points in Characteristics instead of 7.

I'm also getting him 75 points short in Abilities (345, instead of the 420 he would get for age 30).

He doesn't have any weapons?

He should have Axe and Shield.

The Int is a -1. I always forget that it does not copy over for some reason.

I will follow up on the abilities.

It looks like you gave him Affinity with an Ability when you meant Puissant. Affinity increases the xp by half, while Puissant gives you a +2.

Also, "Profession" isn't an ability, it's a group of separate abilities. Autocrat and Merchant are two different abilities, so we need to either pick one or the other for his Puissant, or swap out Gossip for the other Profession.

Given the likelihood of a council rather than an autocrat, I've slightly modified him to be more of a merchant than an autocrat

[size=150]Kester MacLannen [/size]

Role: Autocrat of Canaris Insula
Type: open play
Bio: Kester was the second son of a prosperous wool merchant from a nearby village who had some experience dealing with the covenant and its magi. During one visit to Insula Canaria, he was recruited as an assistant to the current autocrat. Knowing that his brother would inherit the business, he willingly took the job, seeing more of a future in that than in working for his brother. A tiny man, Kester makes up for his small size with a natural air of authority

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1 (1), Pre +3 (1), Com +2, Str -1, Sta -1, Dex -2, Qik -4 (3)
Size: -1 Age: 51 (51), Height: 5'6'', Weight: 145 lbs, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 1 (6)
Virtues and Flaws: Custos, Academic Abilities, Gossip, Puissant Bargain, Poor Quickness, Small Frame, Busybody

Abilities: Artes Liberales 1 (logic), Athletics 1 (grace), Awareness 4 (alertness), Bargain 4+2 (wool/wool products), Brawl 1 (Dodge), Carouse 2 (staying sober), Charm 4 (appearing authoritative), Civil and Canon Law 1 (laws and customs of Scotland), Councilor 4 (dealing with problems), Etiquette 3 (townfolk), Folk Ken 3 (covenfolk), Gaelic 5 (extensive vocabulary), Guile 3 (lying about the covenant), Hunt 1 (falconry), Insula Canaria Lore 2 (grogs), Intrigue 4 (gossip), Latin 5 (extensive vocabulary), Leadership 4 (grogs), Merchant 4 (wool), Order of Hermes Lore 2 (politics), Philosophiae 2 (moral philosophy), Ride 2 (long distances), Scotland Lore 2 (merchants), Scribe 1 (copying), Swim 2 (long distances), Teaching 3 (Bargain), Theology 1 (biblical knowledge), Weaving 4 (wool)

Patricius Ability update. i have bolded the new skills or changes. I will update the original sheet

Abilities: Area Lore: Area 3 (taverns), Athletics 3 (running), Awareness 3 (in combat), Bows 4 (Bow, Short), Brawl 4 (Fist), Carouse 3 (drinking), Charm 2 (opposite sex), Etiquette 2 (magi), Guile 2 (avoiding duties), Gaelic 5 (rude words), Single Weapon 6 (Shield, Heater), Survival 1 (for a short period), Animal Handling 2 (Pack animals), Ride 1 (Highlands), Second Sight 2 (regiones), Leadership 2

Looks good.

What weapon(s) does he use?

Other than that,looks good.

Now I'm getting you 15 over for some reason.

Second sight 1 is free.

I get 420.

That's what I'm getting, too. Hunh. I could have sworn MC said you got 405 for age 30, now it's saying 420. Must have been time for my nap. Nevermind.

Here's the Teacher that Gavin brings as part of his starting BPs

[size=150]Alister MacCulloch[/size]

Role: Teacher
Type: bought with Gavin's BPs. Open Play, probably
Bio: Alister spent most of his career as a teacher in Edinburgh. Unfortunately, he offended the wrong person one day and soon found his work drying up. He was surprised one day when a noble-looking gentleman said that he wanted him to tutor his older son in the ways of the world. But who was he to turn away work. It happened that the man was a faerie and his 'son' was a 25 year old magus fresh out of apprenticeship. Still, it's proven to be a good job, and Alister has slowly become accustomed to covenant life.

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +1, Pre +1, Com +3, Str -2, Sta +2, Dex -2, Qik -2 (2) Size: -1
Height: 5'2''
Weight: 110 lbs
Decrepitude: 0 (4)

Virtues and Flaws: Good Teacher, Educated (50/50), Puissant Teaching, Noncombatant, Small Frame, Poor Eyesight (Penalty: -3)

Personality Traits: Curious +2, Loyal +3, Pedantic -1

Abilities: Artes Liberales 5 (grammar), Awareness 5 (alertness), Bargain 2 (his services), Charm 2 (being witty), Concentration 5 (reading), Edinburgh Lore 2 (politics), Etiquette 4 (town folk), Folk Ken 2 (town folk), Gaelic 5 (expansive vocabulary), Greek 4 (expansive vocabulary), Intrigue 1 (gossip), Latin 5 (academic usage), Philosophiae 5 (moral philosophy), Scribe 3 (copying), Teaching 4 (Latin)

Aging Rolls
35: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [7]+4 = 11; 1 AP in Dex
36: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10; 1 AP in Dex
37: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [4]+4 = 8; no AP
38: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [7]+4 = 11; 1 AP in Qik
39: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [6]+4 = 10; 1 AP in Qik
40: Aging check: 1D10+4 = [3]+4 = 7; no AP

[size=85]Edited to add native language. [/size]