Guiverna ex Miscellanea - Development

What about Permanent Uraeus for the spells's name? Or Blessing of Wadjet.

Spell guidelines sound correct to me, but I am at least as rusty as you are in these calculations.

1 Like

I've got Guiverna advanced through Autumn of 1244. She's put a few seasons into getting her arts (Muto, Terram, and Corpus) to the point where she doesn't totally embarrass herself trying to enchant her Talisman.

I realized, looking over my Advancement, that it's been seven game-years since she explored Andorra and gathered a bunch of snakes for the covenant's defenses. So I decided it was time to make the rounds and reacquaint the local snakes with her. And, since she already knows where all the snakes' nests are, I thought that it wouldn't take the whole season. But she hadn't really explored Majorca, so she's doing the same thing there that she did in Andorra in Autumn of 1237. Question I have for the troupe would be: what would be an appropriate Source Quality for this, and what would be the best ability(s) to put the points in?

(As an aside: Apparently there are two types of snakes extant on Majorca: the venomous Macroprotodon cucullatus [the false smooth snake] and the non-venomous Natrix maura [the viperine water snake or viperine snake]. The false smooth snake, I think, is indigenous to the island, while the viperine snake appears to be relatively recently introduced.)

2 Likes

So, one thing I noticed as I was advancing Guiverna this weekend is that she's maxed out her Medicine Ability score using the covenant's two books, and can't advance any further using the covenant's resources (afaik).

She would like to be able to advance in her knowledge of Medicine, and specifically Antidotes. My first thought was to engage in Correspondence with someone on the topic, which I believe there are rules somewhere that allow for gaining Experience Points this way.

The other is to try to bargain for a better Summa, or even some Tractatus, on the topic.

Any ideas and/or suggestions?

Ask someone to write a tractatus.
Correspondance only helps if you have a way to study already (though practice counts). You can also set up a medical lab and study by experimentation.
Bashir could probably write a few tractaus (4) if he had the seasons free to do so, (quality 11)
I'm not clear where we are in terms of timeline, and the plans I had for the academics, bt in theory they could be used to expand our knowledge base in medicine the same way Fleur was using them to advance magic theory and mystery cult lore...

We are past 145 but no further than 1247. There were a few stories people wanted to run, so I held up the timeline. But I am presuming now that we will probably not do any of that, so I guess we are in 1247.

Bashir will not write a book for you though. He has no player to make such a decision, and if he is an NPC I prefer to just get rid of him.
In fact, I am now going to 86 any character belonging to players that have not been heard from in months. That includes Lucas, Bashir, Solomon, and many others.
I am not doing it to be mean. I am rather worried that Xavi is dead. If he comes back, great. But I want to de-clutter things as best as I can.