Virtues: Educated, Good Teacher, Affinity for Philosophiae
Flaws: Noncombatant, Weakness (kittens), Small Frame

Abilities:
Arabic: 5 (Medical)
Charm 2 (Patients)
Area Lore: Malta 3 (Ingredients)
Latin 3 (5) (Medical)
Artes Liberales 1 (1) (Writing Systems)
Profession: Apothecary 5 (7) (Finding Ingredients)
Philosophiae 7 (Reagents)
Folk Ken 1 (Patients)
Teaching 1 (Large Groups)

Starting Sheet

Name: Hakima bint Ghassan
Character Type: Groggy (just woke up)
Personality Traits: Curious+3, Panicky+2, Brave-3
Characteristics: Com+3, Int+3, Dex+2, Pre+1, Sta-2 Per+2, Str-3, Qik-2
Virtues: Educated, Good Teacher, Affinity for Philosophiae
Flaws: Noncombatant, Weakness (kittens), Small Frame

Abilities:
Arabic: 5
Charm 2
Area Lore: Malta 3 (Ingredients)
Latin 3
Artes Liberales 1 (1)
Profession: Apothecary 5 (Finding Ingredients)
Philosophiae 7 (Reagents)
Folk Ken 1
Teaching 1 (Large Groups)

Story: Her father was an apothecary and doctor. He had a bad leg, but he was still brilliant. She was his only child as her mother died in childbirth. She has helped him for a long time collecting ingredients for him to brew remedies or supplement diets. It was an all around happy time. He was corresponding with several fellow doctors to arrange a good marriage, a little slow but still. He would find someone who would appreciate her.

Then tragedy struck. She was out with her father. A picnic a rare treat. A storm swept up, a tornado and lightning. She tried to get her father to safety, but they were swept up by the winds, and dashed into the ground. When Hakima came too her father was gone and a woman was setting her broken bones and binding her wounds. Hakima's father had died in the storm. Hakima was carried to safety. The woman was able to nurse Hakima back to health. Now that Hakima's back to health, her leg healed surprisingly well, her Uncle is trying to marry her to a creepy fat man, in exchange for a sum of gold. Hakima wants to run away, but where would she go? The woman who saved her is no where to be found. Hakima is getting desperate.

Final post for other notes. I'm sure she'll collect formulas, kittens, high quality tupperware and the like.

A apothecary shop: (After summer)

How does this result in her being in Malta? You are aware that the setting is Malta, not the Levant? While there is a large Moorish/Muslim population that does not make it the same setting... the landscape of Malta is not populated with Vizier's towers.

First: I have not heavily researched medieval Malta. On that note, what villages are near the covenant?
That said: Its where she lives. She's never left the island. The Vizier is just batshit, and has issues with mundane geography. Possibly the same Vizier Tayma had to put up with. He wouldn't know or care where it is. I suppose I could have just left it at wizard. I suppose I could change it to a sudden heart attack or robber, but that just doesn't seem as cool. The suddenly dead father provides a reason for running away and joining a covenant instead.

So far as anyone knows, the caravan are the only 'real wizards' on Malta, though there may be some form of hedge traditions who would not go around slaying people with magic. The actual covenant location has yet to be determined, though if she lives in Mggar she could have at least encountered the group, but there is some as yet unrevealed background information there that would conflict heavily with your backstory, unless your uncle is from somewhere else... perhaps Mdina.

The idea was the Uncle was at least somewhat distant, so a different location would be fitting. Nor was he supposed to be a nice guy.

If the Vizier thing is a sticking point it can be changed easily. Honestly it seems like its creating confusing and should be changed? That okay?

The Vizier thing is most definitely a sticking point. Malta is under the rule of Sicilly, and while it was ruled by the Moors from 870 to 1090, by 1220 the vestiges of Islamic power are thin and wholly secular, though much of the common people are still Muslim at this point- the push to change Malta's culture from Muslim to Latin began in earnest in 1191, but this was after a long period of establishing the Frankish rule.

Changed it out, now its just a mundane storm.

The character is 7 points over age 16.

We can go with her living in Mggar, she has considered running as mentioned, she also has some friends who are professional folk healers who are encouraging her to approach the strangers and encourage them to build their hospital far away from the ancient site.

Huh, I keep on getting 5 points. Or 5.5 if you don't like rounding. Anyway, deleted Bargain and two xp in Artes Dirty Pinko Commies. P

sorry, it was 6 over (initial point expenditures are in whole numbers, fractions are only for calculating effective point expenditures), I left one of the two you removed in artes liberales...

Should I get a post up in Skorba II return of Mggar then?

That would be good.

5 experience put into Latin.

From the summer in summary thread, it seems Hakima can start setting up as an independent apothecary. That would mean putting two exposure xp into apothecary and having a set up work shop for actually working come fall and winter.

Wait, was Hakima recruited in spring or summer? Because if it was summer I should delete the Apoc xp.

she was recruited in the spring

Does 5 Profession Apothecary xp from the Journey to Mdina work? She was trying to gather herbs/plants on the way there and back.