Help finding an Ars group, or advertising one!

Anyone at Sunnmøre? At all?

I realize this is a long shot but, anyone willing to take on a total noob? I've read through the 5e corebook and have a fair amount of experience with White Wolf systems, which means I'm at least used to some of the basic ideas (Gifts and Flaws, d10 base mechanic etc.) but I've never had a chance to play Ars. I am a history major (about to start senior year, for age range) and a theology nerd, so I would say I have a moderate familiarity with the historical aspects of the game (the Middle Ages was never my focus). I'm currently off for summer vacation so my schedule is pretty open and I'm happy to use any venue (face to face, Skype, Discord, etc.) I'm in the Decatur GA area if anyone is local.

It'll probably have to be short (or else continue without me) cause I'll have to drop out after term starts at the end of August, which I realize does not help my chances.

Oh, and, btw, I'm a trans lesbian. I know that's a little weird to bring up apropos of nothing like that, and I assume for most people it won't be relevant, but it's not the sort of thing I want to spring on people later.

PM me if interested.
Thanks,
Alice

I realize this is a long shot but, anyone willing to take on a total noob? I've read through the 5e corebook and have a fair amount of experience with White Wolf systems, which means I'm at least used to some of the basic ideas (Gifts and Flaws, d10 base mechanic etc.) but I've never had a chance to play Ars. I am a history major (about to start senior year, for age range) and a theology nerd, so I would say I have a moderate familiarity with the historical aspects of the game (the Middle Ages was never my focus). I'm currently off for summer vacation so my schedule is pretty open and I'm happy to use any venue (face to face, Skype, Discord, etc.) I'm in the Decatur GA area if anyone is local.

It'll probably have to be short (or else continue without me) cause I'll have to drop out after term starts at the end of August, which I realize does not help my chances.

Oh, and, btw, I'm a trans lesbian. I know that's a little weird to bring up apropos of nothing like that, and I assume for most people it won't be relevant, but it's not the sort of thing I want to spring on people later.

PM me if interested.
Thanks,
Alice

I tried to post here before but didn't notice the "must be approved by mods" message and tried to repost multiple times thinking something went wrong when I didn't see it show up in the thread. In case that one got flagged as spam I'll try again and after this I'll leave it alone.

Anyone either in Atlanta GA area or willing to do an online game who would be willing to take on a noob? I have read the Ars 5e corebook cover to cover and have a fair amount of experience with WOD (which is a somewhat similar system) but no experience with Ars. I do have at least a middling grounding in history and theology, which helps.

My schedule is pretty open now, but I'm only available through the end of August when college term starts again. I realize that may be prohibitively short.

Also, fair warning, I am a trans woman. Not an issue for most people I expect but better to put it out there now than later I think.

Thanks,
Alice

Hi,

I'd like to find an Ars Mag PBEM, by forum, or anything using the net. I've played a bit like 15 years ago and I really like the universe. I still have to try the 5th edition, have the books. I'm not an expert but I'm ready.

I'm from Belgium but I actually live in South America. Any suggestion?

Hi im new here where can i find Ars Group can anyone help me?

brass knuckle

Same for me. Still searching for a web based, PBEM, MUSH,... Ars Mag game

Hello all, I'm trying to find some people to work on an Ars Magica campaign together. There has been some chatter on a Roll20 post that sort of revived my interest in ArM. I know it takes a lot of work and communication from the little I know of the game from a GenCon demo about 20 years ago and poring over the books on and off over that span of time. Given that my time is limited, I don't think I could commit to being an SG. That said, I'm hoping for a PbP or 2x a month voice chat game. Given the realities of life I'm reticent to commit to more than that. I'd love to find a group of people, perhaps even new and curious players and/or storyguides that would like to explore the system together over a long period of time. Is anyone interested in committing to really giving it a go with me? The times are negotiable, though weekend evenings are tough for me given social commitments. I'm a history teacher in Louisville, KY USA (GMT -4).

I know it's a long shot, but why not try :slight_smile:

Email me if you're interested: sheddingDOTsoundsATgmailDOTcom

Thanks!

UPDATE: Something may be actually brewing. If you think you'd be game, definitely email me or PM me and I can invite you to a Discord channel where preliminary discussions are taking place. Woo hoo!

Good day. I am starting a Play-By-Post game for Ars Magica, to be hosted and posted through the GiTP forums. The link to the game is here: giantitp.com/forums/showthre ... st23487179

You will find a link to a discord server where we are discussing character builds and the requirements for the game. There are only 5 spots for players, but you are welcome to submit a character or just come and discuss.