Help/ideas for a Mythic Thief/Roguish Companion

I'm looking for assistance in terms of interesting virtues, abilities (supernatural or otherwise), etc that would assist in the creation of an iconic/near legendary rogue/thief.

I'm talking about dagger throwing, pick pocketing, tight rope walking, sneaking, charming, pick-locking at some pretty epic levels. Any ideas ladies and gents?

Sam W

I think you might find some interesting faerie blood, especially with the sympathies listed in RoP:F and TSE.

Chris

You may first try to focus a little more the type of character you have in mind. A "rogue" is a very generic concept, a little like a "warrior". Only after defining it a little more precisely I would start thinking about the precise Virtues and Flaws. One way I've found useful whenever I'm trying to come up with some "mythic" character, is to think of three legendary tasks that character has accomplished, or may accomplish.

To limit the Concept you can focus the Abilities, Social or Physical?
Social:
Perception, Presence and Comunication on Characteristics; for one side, but for the Abilities Guile, Charm, Intrigue, Carousse and Folk Ken and some others (Performance Professions or Music can be secondary but good choice). There must be Ledgermain and Stealth, but low. Social Child pack of course. Woman or man, but the first is good. Virtues related with Social, but not Branded Criminal, more Dark secret. Virtues and flaws Martial or Academic can be, but not necessary. Puissant Abilities and Great mental Characteristics, with Social Contacts are very interesting.
Phisic:
Quickness, Stamina and Dextrety; Abiilities: Stealth, Ledgermain and Athletism high, maybe Brawl or some Martial Skill. Light Touch and Branded criminal are suited, just like Troupe Upbringing. Improved characteristic and Great charctaeristics are good options too.

I agree with Ezzelino: define what you want first.

In particular, decide if you want a mundane character, an entirely supernatural one, or a blend of the two - and in what proportions. I'd be inclined to make a faerie, since you want a (near)legendary thief. Then you could pick pretences and outright magical abilities like face-shifting for disguises; invisibility; walking through walls; etc.

Skin change to a small and/or flying animal could make a character like this insanely useful for covert missions.
This could also be a starting point for modeling your character, based on the mythic abilities of the animal.

Dependent on your SG (and your group's playstyle/experience) the "Common sense" virtue might be a nice pick... It is so typical to have disagreements about what is normal and what isn't in "sneaky" situations, having this virtue might avoid a few out-of-game disgussions so you can focus on actual playing instead.

Here's a mythic companion I had on my PC, without much use for him so far. I had to transform his stats to a postable file first, but here they are:

Cecco da Firenze
Characteristics: Int +1 (Shrewd), Per +1 (Attentive), Pre +1 (Handsome), Com 0, Str 0, Sta +1 (Tenacious), Dex +5 (Nimble), Qik +5 (Lightning Fast)
Size: 0
Age: 30 (30), Height: 175 cm, Weight: 62 kg, Gender: Male
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 2 (5)
Virtues and Flaws: Charmed Life, Invisible to Magic, Improved Characteristics*, Improved Characteristics, Improved Characteristics, Luck (Luck Bonus: +1 to +3), Great Dexterity × 2, Great Quickness × 2, Well Traveled (50/50), Puissant Concentration, Puissant Brawl, Puissant Stealth, Gift of Tongues, Heroes' Birthright [Birthright: ReTe 20 Invisible Hand of the Thief (R:Voice, D:Mom, T:Ind), Level + Penetration: 30, Speak and Gesture: 30, Speak: 25, Gesture: 20, Neither Speak nor Gesture: 15, Technique: Rego, Form: Terram], Lone Redcap, Baccalaureus (90/90), Unaging, Blood of Heroes, Overconfident, Envied Beauty, Ability Block (Martial), Infamous, Heroic Personality, Compulsion (Sex)
Personality Traits: Brave +1, Confident +5, Frivolous +3, Gregarious +3, Mischievous +5
Reputations: Goliard (House Mercere) 2, Rake (Burghers) 4
Combat:
Dodge: Init: +5, Attack , Defense +12, Damage
Fist: Init: +5, Attack +12, Defense +12, Damage +0
Kick: Init: +4, Attack +12, Defense +11, Damage +3
Cloak: Init: +5, Attack +12, Defense +13, Damage 1
Dagger: Init: +5, Attack +15, Defense +13, Damage +3
Soak: +1
Fatigue levels: OK, 0, 1, 3, 5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: 1 (1 5), 3 (6 10), 5 (11 15), Incapacitated (16 20), Dead (21+)
Abilities: Art of Memory 1 (Songs), Civil and Canon Law 1 (Criminal), Latin 5 (Scholarly), Artes Liberales 1 (Music), Code of Hermes 1 (Redcaps), Magic Theory 1 (Magic Items), Bargain 1 (Inns), Carouse 1 (Drinking Songs), Concentration 5+2 (Invisible to Magic), Etiquette 1 (Townsfolk), Legerdemain 3 (Picking Pockets), Music 1 (Singing), Charm 3 (First Impressions), Folk Ken 1 (Townsfolk), Guile 3 (Fast Talk), Stealth 5+2 (Urban Areas), Awareness 3 (Alertness), Survival 3 (On the Road), Athletics 3 (Acrobatics), Brawl 5+2 (Dagger), Swim 1 (Long Distances), Italian 5 (Urban Slang), Church Lore 1 (Alms), Order of Hermes Lore 1 (Redcaps), Organization Lore: Ordo Vagorum 1 (Women), Ride 1 (Travel), Scribe 1 (Copying)
Equipment:
Encumbrance: 0 (0)

Maybe they serve as some inspiration.

Cheers