High Noon in Evissa

Which brings me to a point...
RYU!!! Are you even watching this? You are supposed to be the SG here. Perhaps if you were mediating and coordinating, Xavi and I would not have this conflict.

Sigh... Maybe we can try to calm this down OoG.

We want to end up with Arnau and his military company being stationned in andorra. The rest is accessory.
So he may either be stationned here by order of his mundane patron, or be hired by Sa dragonera. The rest of the army can go somewhere else, this is not important.

Be ordered here by his patron is easy. There are pirates, rebels, islamic magi, whatever. He has 20 men, which is a good fighting force, so he gets to deal with that.

Being hired by andorra:

• Either they are paid and must pay for their own expenses, in which case they are costly, but also have expenses (Housing, food, whores, whatever), meaning some of that wealth goes out of their pockets
  • Or they are hired not unlike grogs, housed, fed, given a wage, in which case one should look at the mercenary boon from covenants for expenses.

IMO? Fuck this all. What we want is arnau, and the men come with him, he is wealthy, so he "pays" for them, unless he doesn't want to. And he wants, because he's accustomed to this. Or whatever.
So have Roberto hire Arnau, or whatever, and stop worrying about the rest. Arnau can negociate a LR or items for him, and we can all "forget" the men, who are in Arnau's service

That was a misunderstanding then. You started counting at 20 (virtue), I started counting at 60 (background), so double number is quite different.

If you feel that bad about the current situation I can always recreate Arnau as a normal magus and play all this as a prank to you.

I like Fixer's solution better :smiley:

Okay, you want my ruling, here it is.

Roberto is a total blowhard. No offense Mark, my character is too, but it's true. If Arnau wants to tell Roberto to go get stuffed, do it. Arnau will join Sa Dragonera on his own terms, after these events have transpired.

Arnau looks at his purse. He thinks it must be sad. He expected a higher income proposal from an hermetic magus since they are as rich as Midas. As far as he knows some of them are Midas.

3 pawns of vis or equivalent silver value does not pay for the amount of support that you are trying to contract from us. We are getting a higher price form our current employer, so when you approach our headquarters I would advise to rise your stakes. Otherwise consider tonight to be a good night for celebration and tomorrow we will part ways in friendly terms. Unless you want to help us to comb the land in search of Muslim magicians, that is. You are very welcome if you want to do that.

More wine?

Roberto scowls and thinks mean thoughts. Meanwhile, Cidito the cat is already refilling his cup. Thanx!

Cidito drinks and his mood is mellow and cheerful, which influences Roberto sympathetically and makes him contemplative.
My concern about Moslem magicians are limited only to those not part of the Order of Hermes. You have nothing to fear from Islamic magi, for they are sworn to the same Oath as I and are not to interfere with mundanes. Wizards not of the Oder concern me though, and I would be glad to work with you concerning them. Islamic or not. Wizards of a certain level of power, that which could rival magi and/or includes magic resistance, they must be given the ultimatum. Join or Die. And they need not always be given the choice to join.
Lesser wizards, hedge wizards, they need to be controlled. Now you say you were originated by Delendos and you have dispensations from the Primus. That is most excellent. Other hedge wizards, if willing to likewise cooperate, I am glad to work with them. Those who will not and prove to be a threat and/or rivals, they must be brought down.
Are those acceptable terms for cooperation?

Magic resistance? What is that? I have seen a hermetic shrug an attack by a Djinn, but I am not sure what you refer to. So far we have encountered two Muslim spellcasters. We are aware of th Order, and we are not supposed to mess with you, so we asked, they returned the question via attacks and we dispatched them. No members of the Order have been encountered so far, but we are sure that a few magicians avoided us for sure. We are not quite sure if they were Hermetic unbelievers or plain heathen devils. As we have said, we are following rumors of magicians in the area. It might be just you, or it might be that there is more than one spell slinger around so tomorrow we hunt.

I would be honored to join you. See what you got, and how much you are really worth.

I would like to retcon something. The chapterhouse has not yet been established. Roberto has only just now been invited to join the covenant as a Journeyman and help build one (he goes to Andorra in the Turn the Tide thread). So really, he is just a squatter :smiley:
That won't change his attitude about hedge wizards, but it will reign in his tongue :wink: