Historical Books List

From another topic i got the idea of trying to put together a list of known historical books and sort them based on what subjects they MAY give XP for(but specifically not try to rate their quality or level or even if they´re tractatus or summae), because this would be a very nice help for alot of SG or players who wants to use real books as basis for in game ones.

Well i´ve started looking at what wikipedia has:
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ancient_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Early_Medieval_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Medieval_literature
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_work
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Lost_works
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:H ... _documents
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:H ... literature

Im going to start going through all those lists soon:ish, but please post whatever you know off(name, author(s) and suggested Ability/ies).

Dire, I have a list of 1000 books on an excel sheet that I found, starting from the sites you said. It is by no mean complete (It's a work in progress!) and I haven't got around to put abilities that could be linked to each of them, but I would gladly send it to you.

I'll see if I can put it in a googledoc somewhere and post a link for everyone.

Excellent! I figured(/hoped/wished :slight_smile: ) someone would have something like it already.

This would be great Teufeld!

Great links thanks also.

Cheers,

Lachie

Here is the link to my Googledoc with all the books I have so far.

There's the name and/or a description of the book, its author and a link to the wikipedia page of the author.

I also put in the list books that are "lost" to us as they might have been accessible at the time of the mages.

http://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=rUE9wZaajDn-PdYuy2hBMYA

Let me know what you think.