House-Hunting (1220.1)

Well, time to rattle the bones on the making-the-cabins thing.

Hope's cottage

• Casting Roll: Cr 15 + He/Te 5 + Sta 1 + Aura 5 + Artes Liberales (Ritual Magic) 3 + Philosophiae 5 + die roll of 7 (since coyotecode doesn't seem to be showing results right now) = 41.
  • Finesse roll: Int 2 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 3 = 8.Not good-looking, but not bad-looking, either.

Laerleggr's cottage

• Casting Roll: Cr 15 + He/Te 5 + Sta 1 + Aura 5 + Artes Liberales (Ritual Magic) 3 + Philosophiae 5 + die roll of 6 = 40.
  • Finesse roll: Int 2 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 9 = 14. Nice. Almost professional-looking.

Beatrix's cottage (part 1)

• Casting Roll: Cr 15 + He/Te 5 + Sta 1 + Aura 5 + Artes Liberales (Ritual Magic) 3 + Philosophiae 5 + die roll of 4 = 38.
  • Finesse roll: Int 2 + Finesse 3 + die roll of 9 = 14.

Beatrix's cottage (part 2)

• Casting Roll: Cr 15 + He/Te 5 + Sta 1 + Aura 5 + Artes Liberales (Ritual Magic) 3 + Philosophiae 5 + die roll of 7 = 41.
  • Finesse roll: Int 2 + Finesse 3 + die roll of (1,8) 16 = 21. Holy cow! So, the two pieces fit together like dove-tailing, and it looks magnificent.

Beatrix is quite impressed by her work and let's her know. Bea is quite appreciative of her efforts.

Also, since it's her need, Bea provides the missing pawn of Herbam vis.

Hope is grateful for the efforts despite any imperfections. As long as its functional then it meets her requirements.

"Thank you Eilid. Looks like a proper home. I'll move in straight away."
Laerleggr picks up his sack of stuff that he'd brought with him in anticipation of his new digs and heads inside. After a thump and clatter, he pokes his head back out the door saying, "I'd invite you in, but there's no place to sit yet. Maybe in a few days though."

Eilid grins. [color=brown]"I'll send some craftsmen around to start working on that!"

While Scrymgeour finishes up Corbin's lab, Corbin will grab one of the unused lab spaces to study - probably Sylvanus's old lab. It appears to still be free.

I was going through the stats for this lab, and I get safety -2, warping:2, aesthetics 0, texts:1, and me:2 with the virtues and flaws:dedicated building, magical (superior)lighting, magical(superior) heating, faerie ingredients and wrecked. Am I missing virtues or flaws? Were the stats you quoted without haunted (was I mistaken that the lab was haunted?)

Scylla's lab isn't haunted per se...Curwen was there when the tour visited, because it was his lover's home, but he actually "haunts" his own place.

I still get aesthetics 1 and safety -2, did you count wrecked as -2 for each of these or as -1?
If the issue is mis-accounting for being wrecked then there is no problem since that will go away before use, but if there is a different source for the difference in attributes I would like to know about it...

Let's see...

• Dedicated Building: +1 Upkeep, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Rego.
  • Superior Construction: +1 Safety, +1 Aesthetics.
  • Magical Heating: +1 Health, +1 Aesthetics, +1 Ignem.
  • Magical Lighting: +1 Imaginem, +1 Aesthetics.
  • Faerie Ingredients: +1 General Quality, -1 Upkeep, +1 Warping, +1 Inventing Spells, +1 Experimentation.
  • Wrecked: -5 General Quality, -2 Safety, -2 Aesthetics.

So, the sum of the stats should be:

• -4 General Quality: +1 from Faerie Ingredients, -5 from Wrecked.
  • 0 Upkeep: +1 from Dedicated Building, -1 from Faerie Ingredients.
  • -1 Safety: +1 from Superior Construction, -2 from Wrecked.
  • +1Warping: +1 from Faerie Ingredients.
  • +1 Health: +1 from Magical Heating.
  • +2 Aesthetics: +1 from Dedicated Building, +1 from Superior Construction, +1 from Magical Heating, +1 from Magical Lighting, -2 from Wrecked.
  • +1 Rego: +1 from Dedicated Building.
  • +1 Ignem: +1 from Magical Heating.
  • +1 Imaginem: +1 from Magical Lighting.
  • +1 Experimentation: +1 from Faerie Ingredients.
  • +1 Inventing Spells: +1 from Faerie Ingredients.

I was missing superior construction, thank you.