hugh ex merinita

I show you with 325 xp in abilities and 305 xp in arts, for a total of 630 xp
45 early childhood+120 before apprenticeship+300 apprenticeship means you would finish your apprenticeship with 465 xp

I did forget to allow for the 45 early childhood when I ran the math earlier, but your apprenticeship should be 15 years, not 14, meaning you finished at age 28, not 27... so you are either 15 points long for 33 or 15 points low for 34...

So for years I need to adjust the apprenticeship cause the xp is right but I have 14 years, will fix.

I looked at the season log again and I should actually have 170 with 7 years post-apprentice, cause one full year plus one season from another year are gone.

but 630-465 is 165

Don't know if you accounted for it or not but Faerie Magic has a free 5 points

okay, I didn't look at your seasons accounting (I did include the 5 free from faerie magic as a reduction in cost), which would make you 5 points low for age 35...

Ok. Fixed age and added another 5 to Faerie Magic.

approved

@silveroak Hugh left Oleron with the intent of going to the Grand Tribunal, and on to Hibernia afterwards. What does he have in terms of travel arrangements: pre-arranged travel, a supply of money, or nothing?

he will have pre arranged travel to the tribunal, and will be able to easily arrange travel to Hibernia. You have a half mythic pound of coins at the end of the journey in addition to personal effects.

I saw the comments in the house rule thread, do you need me to re-do Hugh's seasons? I wasn't trying to slip anything by, I figured with the initiations he'd have had time for a story to find a familiar in the same season; or one of the seasons in which he took the standard 10 xp could have been a story. But if you want me to shuffle around and burn another season I can.

Also, just as a side-note, the source material I was using said that real-world stories of faeries that match his familiar's description are found in Britanny as well as in the British Isles.

what is your source material? The word is literally Gaelic, and aside from 1d4 chan the only thing I could find for Britany was a polican. However, the druids and celtic culture did extend into france during the Roman era, so there could well be some hanging around- each season you spend searching make a stress roll (0 botch dice) using int+faerie lore, and you find it on a 12 or higher.

From the first paragraph of this:

"The Pooka, or in Irish Puca , (goblin) is a phantom fairy creature that features in Celtic folklore and fairytales of Ireland. A similar fairy entity appears in mythology of Scotland, Wales, Cornwall, Channel Islands and Brittany."

Wikipedia also mentions that the stones which are similarly named, and associated with them, are found in the channel islands and brittany.

Did the rolls, took me two seasons. Should I take no xp for those seasons?

A similar entity with a different name and less commonly referred to- as I said, possible but not easy.
That is correct, no xp for those seasons.

I just realized he has Craft, specialty Painting, it should be Craft: Painting, specialty Landscapes. Didn't want to fix without saying anything.

that is fine

7 years later...
I expect following the leads will take you, eventually, to the covenant currently with a working title of Frost Mourn, this character still counts as your Hibernian mage for all accounting purposes unless you want to make a shift- since that is the tribunal he was generated under, the primary purpose to such a shift would be to allow you to create a new magus in Hibernia, and Hugh ca wind up somewhere else other than Novgorod if you prefer, or other than Frost Mourn, though that allows the best player distribution and generally fits the quest you are pursuing... if this is the route you take we will need to figure out what you have been doing for the seven years between...

I'm happy for him to end up in Frost Mourn. I'm also fine with him still being my Hibernian slot.

In terms of the intervening years, what would seem natural to me is that he spends that time in Arcadia continuing to pursue the mead/mead recipe, I'm fine with however you want to handle that.

lets have at least two seasons exploring Novgorod, certainly some seasons exploring Arcadia makes sense as well (faeries freaking love visitors!). Each season of exploration will add 7xp in the relevant area lore. When Frost Mourn is built you can decide to spend some seasons reading books as well, or setting up your lab...

That makes sense. Does he make any progress toward the mead or does that need to happen in another story?

Another thing he would like to do is spend some time doing favors for faeries, to try to make the Scandinavian faeries into allies to the extent he can.

Both the mead and the faerie relationships will require adventure stories- laying the ground work by studying faerie lore however (or practicing it) is possible,

In the description of the skill, it says that Faerie Magic also acts as Lore regarding Faerie vs. Magic, will you allow me to increase that via practice that would otherwise be Faerie Lore?

We should pick a number like 2 years or something before he finds the covenant.