Ilias (a Companion)

Ilias

Characteristics: Int 1, Per -2, Str 0, Sta 0, Prs 4, Com 3, Dex 0, Qik 0
Personality Traits: Curios +2, Loyal +1, Proud +3
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0
Warping: 0(0)
Confidence: 1 (3)
Virtues and Flaws: Educated, Great Presence, Improved Characteristics, Puissant Charm, Pussant Bargain, Social Contacts (Jewish Community); Ambitious (Minor), Favors, Outsider (Jew), Pious
Reputations: None
Combat: (I'll work this out later, but I already know he's better off trying to avoid a fight)

Abilities and XP

Charm 4 (Showing Deference)[tab][/tab]50
Folk Ken 5 (Jews)[tab][/tab]75
Guile 4 (Deflecting blame)[tab][/tab]15
Greek 5 (Business terminology)[tab][/tab]75
Hebrew 4 (Religious terminology)[tab][/tab]50
Artes Liberales 2 (Rhetoric)[tab][/tab]15
Bargain 4 ("Hustling")[tab][/tab]50
Intrigue 4 (Plotting)[tab][/tab]50
Area Lore-Constantinople 4 (Pera [Galata] Neighborhood)[tab][/tab]50
Brawl 2 (Punches)[tab][/tab]15
Music 1 (Mandola) 5
Stealth 1 (Looking unassuming) 5

Ilias grew up in Constantinople's bustling Jewish quarter, where his father was modestly successful shopkeeper and held some prominence in the community. During the city's sack in 1204, Ilias fled with the help of a distant relation and sometime business partner of his father's, who took him to Thessaloniki-Ilias' savior never lets him forget the risk and expense required to get him out alive (Favors).

Having lost his family, Ilias has been living a life interrupted, starting over from scratch on his own. He managed to make a living for some time with intermittent work as a porter and other odd jobs around town, but dreams of reclaiming-indeed, surpassing-the wealth his family held in Constantinople (Ambitious).

Ilias still practices the faith of his father, but his ambitions might test his devotion some day (Vow).

As a Jew in a gentile world, an orphan in a city of families, Ilias has grown used to living on the margins of society, so he has adapted quickly to covenant life. Before being invited into the covenant, Ilias became acquainted with some of the magi when he helped them navigate the rough world of the docks, make foreign contacts, etc. Ilias is afforded easy introduction almost anywhere he goes (Social Contacts).

I want to say that I do not intend to portray this character as a caricature or stereotype of Jewish people or their traditions, and I sincerely hope that it does not come across as such. I am, myself, not Jewish; however, I like to think that I have an appreciation (in both senses of the word) for what it means to be Jewish. This character was developed from a place of esteem, and I would be mortified to know that I caused any offense. If anyone has any objections to anything I've come up with now, or at any point while I'm portraying this character, please do let me know, and feel free to do so in a PM if you would feel more comfortable communicating that way.

Edit: Added xp for three years, so he would have been 13 when Constantinople was sacked.