Immortal magi and RoP:Magic

True.

Well, this is feasible, but I would expect that all the mages whould take the opposite position, when they have a reasonable hope hope of becoming immortal themselves, which means pretty much all the ones that belong to Mysteries that offer paths to immortlity. This includes Bjornaer, Merinita, Criamon, alchemists, theurgists, spirit-masters... That's a sizable voting block, and it should have at least a substantial influence in countering the envious mages.

Hm, this is a really, really flimsy excuse, since mundane interaction by magical creatures is not by itself magical, and it contradicts established practice (e.g. interaction with familiars).

This is an interesting idea, but would it apply to alchemical beings or not ?

Maybe. Thing is, it's sort of established that when you achieve immortality, you sort of go away from the mortal world. Bjornaers become great beasts and wander off into nature. Merinitae become faeries and eventually take their place in Arcadia. Criamon ultimately want to end the cycle of time, and their immortality is short-lived as they go off into Twilight. Right? Are magi that foresighted, generally speaking, to ensure that they will still have political clout when they become immortal supernatural beings?

If magus A spies on magus B using his familiar, that's scrying and probably a Marching offense, depending on how clear-cut the spying was and whether or not magus A tried to avoid doing so. The same scenario with magus A as a spirit seems just as clear as long as magus B is willing to bring a complaint, since the standard for scrying is magical perception. But I agree that it's a pretty tenuous link to the Oath... Maybe the Peripheral Code makes clear in a vague way that magical beings are not protected by the Oath, and magi try not to challenge that for fear that more specific language would have worse repercussions for those immortal magi still living on the fringes of the Order? After all, they may still be bound by their Oath even if other magi aren't.

My instinct is no, because the Great Elixir just gives a Might Score, and there's no other limitations really. The rules for magic characters seem ideal to me for playing this character going forward.

I have a questions about the rules in The Mysteries and RoP: Magic for what happens when a magus becomes a daimon via Ascendant Form of the Intendant Hierarch and Transformation of the Ascendant Hierarch. I know they become daimons with Magic Might equal to half the level of their Ascendant Form Ritual, but do they then get a number of points equal to half their Might to spend on Magical Qualities as well, as stated in RoP: Magic on p.35? Do they also gain points to spend on Qualities when they use Daimon Points to increase their Magic Might?

No and no, they get to keep all of their Hermetic magic but they don't get abilities beyond what they had + might and immortality.

Hi,

One possible variant rule is to consider the gain of 1 Might Point from 5 Daimon Points to be an instance of gaining the Minor Quality "Increased Might." From that standpoint, those 5DP could instead be used to gain a different Minor Quality.

considers

Indeed, ruling that 5DP = 1 Minor Quality and 15DP = 1 Major Quality could replace the existing table for developing magi who become Daimons. Or maybe 10DP = 1 Minor, which can include Increased Abilities.

Then, a new Minor Quality: Secondary Aspect--
Only a Daimon can have this Quality. A Daimon normally has one kind of Aspect, but this Quality allows the Daimon to manifest Aspects with a subset of its Might and powers. These are chosen when taking this Quality. A Daimon can have more than one Secondary Aspect.

Anyway,

Ken

Thanks, that's what I thought. Wanted to be sure, though.