Investigating the death of Apollodorus Jerbitonis

(I don't know whay I said that, I had something else i was going to write, got interrupted at work, then went back and think I put in what i thought I must have meant...I was a bit rushed.))

[color=brown]Okay, in the tale you just told me, you had mentioned nothing about that. You are leaving out a lot of details.
Every
Single
Little
Thing
You woke up that morning. Then what?
When and where did an attack take place? Who attacked and how? Where were you, where was he? Who saw what? Be precise, just tell me facts, not conclusions.

Alexei is taken aback and pauses right before he was about to speak. He sits back and squints at Roberto as if studying him and his intent, the pause extends a few more seconds before he speaks again.

'Are you investigating me?' he wonders to himself.

"I am a soldier...my routine does not change much. I rise early with sun and raise my parma and engage in calisthenics. From there I meet with the sergeants for a watch report and then have breakfast, often with some of the Covenmates other times with some of the covenfolk. They appreciate my gentle gift and the side effects of my magic. From there I have my studies. That day was no different, it was dark when I was summoned to the courtyard, Mufarrj had returned and was badly burned, the magus had sent him back from the location in Greece. We assembled the turb, I cast several spells to enhance our effectiveness and we were off.

"When we came back it was Apollodorus, Fiona, Viscaria, Therophosa, Jacques, and myself along with grogs. Opposing were Valerian, two other black robed magi that I don't know and could not recognize, and one more who we took prisoner and he later died unidentified. Valerian disappeared after he did his deed. Otherwise it is exactly as I have said, but you won't be able to speak with Viscaria or Therophosa, they are not with us." Alexei's initial inclination was to become annoyed at the persistent questioning, but now he wondered...was he missing something after all these years? "But if that's still not enough you shall have to tell me what you want more specifically, I shan't go into sundry details of my morning consitutional."

Roberto smiles.
[color=brown]Sorry if I seem interrogative. I just wanted to shock you into being specific. And to perhaps remember what you may have forgotten.
We are getting closer. Now, when you say Valerian "did his deed", how exactly did that go down? You and the others are fighting with Valerian and two men in black. Fighting how? Fists? Spells? Insults? Apollodorus was in a tower? Are you sure? And you think Valerian collapsed it. Are you guessing or are you sure? He runs away after? You dig Apollodorus out of the rubble, and he had a dagger in his back? Any other corpses?
Where is the dagger?
I am not investigating you. Not a Q-man. I am trying to solve a mystery.
Where is the dagger?
???

Alexei leads Roberto through the Covenant to where the battle took place ((the courtyard I believe)). "I and others were here, above, including Apollodorus. We were casting spells at each other and I teleported down. But Valerian dropped the ceiling above Apollodorus onto him and the rest of us. That was the last I saw him alive or ever again; the body was never found. Regarding the dagger...I truly don't know about that, but someone mentioned it at some point, my own recollection was he died under the rubble and his body detoriated rapidly due to his advanced age. But ge deflected some of the debris away from others, dying a hero's death. Valerian disappeared and I chased after the remaining assasin, he was heading toward a vacant lab. It is a poorly guarded secret that there are Regio entrances inside it, though we do guard what we can of them, they are not well understood. The one that was left nearly made it through when rocks were dropped on him as well and I stabbed him through the leg and then we bound him thoroughly. He had a means to poison himself, or posibly Valerian did it remotely, perhaps through an Intangible Tunnel spell. He was dead by poison before we could question him."

((Point of fact, there is no dagger, nor is there/was there a body recovered.))
https://forum.atlas-games.com/t/1222-2b-the-fall-of-night/6575/132

((There needs to be a clear distinction that Alexei is detailing the story as he remembers it and what happened in observed facts as players. No one ever saw a dagger, nor was one ever recovered. You can say, as a player, I don't recall all the details, and I'm just making Alexei say this, it just means that Roberto needs to move onto other people to investigate the matter, and he'll get a different set of facts from them.))

((OK...that's what i originally thought. But in a recent discussion someone said there was mention of a dagger or something so I figured I must have been wrong. and when you say no body was discovered, you mean Apollodorus obviously, not the prisoner. I'll amend the latest post))

Well then, this changes everything. maybe the guy isn't even dead.
[color=brown]Who else witnessed these event? I need to talk to them.

"Fiona and Jacques are the only magi left who were here to witness it. After that, some of the Grogs might be interviewed."

Fiona is the giant blood maga with the hearty salacious appitite, right?

((She may or may not be keeping some of that information as secretive as possible. For example, she might have a stable of...admirers who keep her discretion. Her awakening, if you will, happened in 1225.2, before Roberto arrived, and Peregrine gets to define the parameters of Fiona's escapades since then...to some extent.))

And Jacques. 8)

((She would try to keep her affairs as quiet as possible...harder than it sounds, since she tends to be rather vocal in bed. And Alexei may recall that she went booty-hunting amongst his turb the December before, and may recall that she seemed rather frustrated at the time. Which may indicate that she's not getting as much action as she may like.))

((I must have thought Jacques was fighting vampires, I'll correct it.))

Jacques was in the courtyard below when things happened, and never moved.
Fiona ran into the castle, later, that was done via PM, the responses in the thread indicate that Fiona just ran, but she ran because she heard Apollodorus's disembodied voice. She never witness Apollodorus going down, but she did see his lifeless body. Felt it, too when it was nudged up against her, prior to the shockwave coming back.
Fiona, Alexei, Deykin (and by accident of the SG saying the wrong name, Ulrich) are the only ones who saw Apollodorus's body, IIRC.

Roberto knows nothing about the giant maga's voracious salaciousness. That was me, the player, confirming who was being referred to.

((Well, I'm letting Roberto run with this, so this thread is effectively yours until I say it isn't... :smiley: It's not on a strict time limit, but you're free to investigate to the fullness of what you need, wither IC or OOC.))

In that case, Roberto will seek out Jaques next. And Invite Alexi. See, we Flambeau are used to being assertive with each other. Another magus may take offense, so I ask Alexi to help mitigate my natural brusqueness. And Fiona too. We should discuss this in a circle and seperate fact from conjecture.

Jacques can be found in the Library in this season. He is avoiding the Tribunal.

Probably wise.
Roberto sense a servant to ask Jaques and Fiona to meet with him and Alexi.