Investigations

After finding out about his multiple Personae, Tastheus spends some time considering how much he time it will take to recover what he even a fraction of he has lost.

Does he find out any notes on these Personae in detail, i.e. artistic sketches, character details and the like?

Is there any kind of a response from the Arab acovenfolk to this suggestion?

Considering her options, Okeannetis will explain to Elephant-Killer, that she can improve his eyesight, but it will require her to cast a lengthy spell, and it will only last a moment, so "If possible, I would like your permission to go on your back once my spell is cast, and then you can activate the power, to gauge what effect, if any, my spell might have on your earth trembling. And I promise, if this goes well, I will enchant this into our bond."

So it will be MuAn15, base 4, R: Touch, D: Momentary, T: Individual (+2 size modifiers), +26 to cast as a ceremonial spontaneous spell.

Tastheus finds some correspondances addressed to what appear to be 10 different people, most of them in Arabic. Between the latin letters and the outfits you have you are able to deduce that you have 5 personae, each of which also has a "deep cover" identity: a merchant, a scribe, an adventurer, a grave robber, and an elderly woman.

The arabs respond to Lares suggestion with chaos- each of them wants to be the leader and the do not seem to believe that Rashid has any special qualifications beyond the fact that you ran across him first. They are discussing the issue loudly and animatedly in arabic.

die roll 2 means 28/2=14 for what you produce, so it fails.

Lares exclaims over the clamor, and asks Rashid to translate:

"I will give you a few hours to agree on one candidate. If you cannot choose a liaison by yourselves, the magi will be forced to to decide. Remember, though: the chosen liaison must speak Latin."

After this, Lares heads off to dinner in the council chambers.

After pouring over his lab notes again, Argentius pushes back from the desk, his expression somber and tense. After a moments contemplation, the handsome young man lowers his face into his hands and weeps.

Sometime later, the young magus wipes his eyes before looking about the sanctum. He seems to have come to a decision. He pulls out writing materials and pens the following:

"Be it amended to the Covenant Charter of Al Kufra; The undersigned to this amendment do hereby pledge again the Oath of Covenant signed previously, and by so doing the undersigned do recommit to their earlier oaths in full as well as solemnly pledge again to lifelong support and loyalty to the Covenant of Al Kufra, declaring that the trials and fortunes of the covenant are their own. By this act, the undersigned do solemnly and without reservation take up common cause to restore, defend, and strengthen Al Kufra, its Council of Magi, and its Covenfolk."

Argentius dries the ink and sets the document aside before standing. He walks to the spot near the forge where he set the date and picks it up. The Verditius drops it in a waste bin before leaving his lab to head back to the library. He finds a particular Vim tractatus he had interest in (TracViQ14) and returns to his sanctum to begin studying it.

When the dinner hour arrives, Argentius closes the tractatus and heads to the council chambers.

She will spend a Confidence point for it to succeed.

It turns out the monocerous only shakes the ground within 50 feet of itself, regardless of the change in eyesight.

Tastheus sighs running his hands through his hair. "This is going to take a decade or two to fix at all."

He next tries to deduce when the next correspondence should be sent or received. Not just for personae, but also to other correspondents, - children, senior quaesitors the whole bit.

1 Like

As dinner approaches Silas collects his stuff. Gathering his Casting Tools, the tablet and his draft for the addendum. He bids farewell to Jessica and walks over to the council meeting once again.

Tastheus fids the mail is spaced irregularly- apparently whatever redcap delivery there is will skip some seasons while having multiple deliveries in other seasons, and no real rhyme or rhythm that he can detect as to which or when.
Within the tribunal he appears to be the senior quaesitor, and he sends reports to magvillus about every seven years or when something requires their attention. His grandson writes whenever he can find time, the other seem to write about once a season on average.

1 Like

Tastheus hustles around his personal notes and library, trying to find out about this "revised code of hermes."

He finds a copy of teh revised code from the grand tribunal of 1261. The paragraph on interference with mundanes now reads "I will not endanger the order through my actions nor my negligent lack of action. I will interfere with mundanes when necessary to avoid the ruin of my soldales, and avoid such actions as might contribute to the ruin of my soldales. "

What does the rest of revised the code say in whole?

Everything else is exactly the same.

While Lares is with Izri, he also asks him how did we transport the food and other things from the oasis to the covenant.

Tastheus will search his sanctum for any personal Summae, Tracti on the Code of Hermes, and also find out if he has a personal vis stash.

Izri shakes his head "we have a separate garden for the covenant, the herds we take through the mountains, and we butcher either place. Other things we carry back to the covenant by horse or camel, or by foot if it is small."

When Argentius returns to his sanctum, he first looks to see if Nicole is around.

He jots a note down to have a servant send to Lares: "If you get a moment, could you meet with me in the courtyard at my sanctum?"

He then settles down to look again at his notes and maps. He works to understand who , looking to understand what trade he was involved with, listing down any names of people, locations, and any notes on the goods involved in the trade. If he finds anything, he'll divide the lists between General Trade relationships and Verditius Ring Research.

“I am relieved to hear that. I didn’t realize we could grow anything here in the desert. Is there some magic that keeps the crops alive, do you know?”

Lares seems to remember something.

“Oh, there is something I wanted to try with you if it is alright by you. My colleague gave me this magical tablet that should inform us on each other’s personality if we both touch it. It might come in handy if we ever need to figure out whether someone is trustworthy, but it would be good to test it first to see how it works. There might be new people at the oasis, for instance, that no one remembers. Would you be willing to try it out?”