Isobel the Witch

[size=150]Isobel[/size]

Background
Isobel always was a kind and compassionate child. She was the sort that would lift a baby bird back into its nest when it fell, or take a thorn from an animal's paw when it was hurt. Unfortunately, her father died of sickness when she was young, so her mother had to work hard to put food on the table. As a result, when she was a young child, Isobel had more freedom than most. She started to hang around Granny Aislin, the local wise woman of the village. Granny Aislin saw the potential for great power in Isobel and convinced Isobel's mother to let her train the young girl. So far, the old witch's prediction is proving true, for Isobel has great potential in the healing arts.

Some years after her apprenticeship was over, Isobel was allowed to move in with the covenfolk of the local covenant. She longed to learn some of what they might know, particualarly the scholarly arts of healing. And she felt, rightly so, that her skills might be of use to them.

Characteristics: Int +3, Per +2, Str -2, Sta 3, Pre +1, Com +2, Dex -2, Qui -3
Size: 0
Decrepitude: 0 (0)
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence Score: 1 (3)
Virtues: Dowsing, Concentrated Potions, Expert Potion Brewer, Flight, Healing, Painless Moon, Personal Vis source: Corpus, Puissant FW Magic Theory
Flaws: Ability Block: Martial, Compassionate, Magical Animal Companion - raven, Necessary Condition - singing or humming, No Magical Defenses, Visions
Personality Traits: Compassionate +3, Curious +2, Friendly +2
Reputations: None yet

Combat:
Dodging 0
Soak: 3
Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)

Abilities:
[table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Score[/th] [th]Specialty[/th][th]XP[/th][th]Notes[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Handling[/td][td]1[/td][td]ravens[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Loch Ness[/td][td]1[/td][td]location of herbs[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]1[/td][td]astronomy[/td][td]5[/td][td]Latin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]1[/td][td]flight[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]2[/td][td]alertness[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]1[/td][td]potions[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]1[/td][td]dodge[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td][td]2[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chirurgery[/td][td]2[/td][td]bind wounds[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]1[/td][td]supernatural abilities[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]conversational[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dowsing[/td][td]2[/td][td]vis[/td][td]10 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td][td]1[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Flight[/td][td]3[/td][td]getting off the ground[/td][td]25 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td][td]2[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Guile[/td][td]1[/td][td]white lies[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Healing[/td][td]5[/td][td]potions[/td][td]70 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Witch Magical Theory[/td][td]5+2[/td][td]Healing[/td][td]75[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Gaelic[/td][td]5[/td][td]conversational[/td][td]0 (+75)[/td][td]Native Language[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td][td]1[/td][td]magic plants[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Medicine[/td][td]2[/td][td]theriacs[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Music[/td][td]1[/td][td]singing[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Organization Lore: Folk Witches[/td][td]3[/td][td]initiating others[/td] [td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Philosophiae[/td][td]1[/td][td]natural philosophy[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Cooking[/td][td]1[/td][td]stews[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Scribe[/td][td]1[/td][td]copying books[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]1[/td][td]sneaking[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]1[/td][td]woods[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td][td]1[/td][td]staying afloat[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teaching[/td][td]1[/td][td]her familiar[/td][td]5[/td][/tr][/table]
Vis:
Seven years post apprenticeship: 28 Co vis
Potions: -24 Co vis
Total vis: 4 Co

Items:
Fatigue-restoring potion (dazed): 7 doses
Healing potion (incapacitating): 7 doses

Seven years post-apprenticeship
Years 1-5: 75 xp (figured in above)
Years 6 and 7
Spring: Build Kitchen
Summer: Build Kitchen
Autumn: Brew Fatigue-restoring (dazed) potion: 7 doses [create Lab Text: level 7] [-11 vis]
Winter: Brew Healing (Incapacitating) potion: 7 doses [create Lab Text: level 7] [-13 vis]

Spring: Craft Dowsing Rod
Summer: Craft Flight Broom
Autumn: Teach raven FW MT (SQ 13 - 10 = 3)
Winter: Teach raven FW MT (SQ 13 - 10 = 3)

If I'm wrong about the vis accumulation, I'll drop a year of lab activities and add in 15 xp.

You have Magic Lore twice.

If my math is right, and assuming she's a Folk Witch, she should have 395 points: 45 points Early Life, 200 points for apprenticeship, and 15 points a year for ten years to get her to 25; no xp expenditures for ages 26 and 27 due to laboratory activities.

Other than that, looks good.

Is she from the area?

Why is this fine when you had the other non-Gifted stick to 15 points per year and not deal with their apprenticeship or years afterward? I was sure you would say this was incorrect. However, this is more by-the-book than is Rónán. Rónán's development did not follow what is written due to switching to that 15/year.

Because I didn't see that learned magicians or whatever had apprenticeships. Ronan was the first time I'd ever even glanced at that section.

flips over to Ronan's CG thread

A quick glance at the Learned Magicians (unGifted) says they don't have apprenticeships. They get 30xp a year when they study under a Master, but I don't see any mention of that in Ronan's write-up.

As near as I can tell, he should have 15xp per year after early childhood. He's 25, so...he should have 345xp. He appears to have 339xp spent, so he still has 6xp to spend.

That would be because I removed all of it when you told me that wasn't to be used for companions.

I'll tidy all that up.

Yes, I figure from one of the local villages, belonging to the local coven of witches.

Hey would you want a fellow witch as a potential companion? It would be fun! Plus magical traditions generally have synergy with themselves.

I'm a bit leery of that option. I pointedly avoided other concepts to keep from stepping on anyone else's toes. I have a real fear that two witches would end up looking a lot alike and would seem less special as they competed for the witchy spotlight.

I realize that I totally forgot the season for actually binding my familiar. And that I had to have Animal Ken to do that. Here's a revised Isobel that corrects that error.

[size=150]Isobel[/size]

Background
Isobel always was a kind and compassionate child. She was the sort that would lift a baby bird back into its nest when it fell, or take a thorn from an animal's paw when it was hurt. Unfortunately, her father died of sickness when she was young, so her mother had to work hard to put food on the table. As a result, when she was a young child, Isobel had more freedom than most. She started to hang around Granny Aislin, the local wise woman of the village. Granny Aislin saw the potential for great power in Isobel and convinced Isobel's mother to let her train the young girl. So far, the old witch's prediction is proving true, for Isobel has great potential in the healing arts.

Some years after her apprenticeship was over, Isobel was allowed to move in with the covenfolk of the local covenant. She longed to learn some of what they might know, particualarly the scholarly arts of healing. And she felt, rightly so, that her skills might be of use to them.

Characteristics: Int +3, Per +2, Str -2, Sta 3, Pre +1, Com +2, Dex -2, Qui -3
Size: 0
Virtues: Animal Ken, Dowsing, Concentrated Potions, Flight, Healing, Personal Vis source: Corpus, Painless Moon, Puissant FW Magic Theory
Flaws: Ability Block: Martial, Compassionate, Magical Animal Companion - raven, Necessary Condition - singing or humming, No Magical Defenses, Visions
Personality Traits: Compassionate +3, Curious +2, Friendly +2

Combat:
Dodging 0
Soak: 3
Fatigue Levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20), Dead (21+)

Abilities:
[table][tr][th]Ability[/th][th]Score[/th] [th]Specialty[/th][th]XP[/th][th]Notes[/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Ken[/td][td]3[/td][td]birds[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Loch Ness[/td][td]1[/td][td]location of herbs[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Artes Liberales[/td][td]1[/td][td]astronomy[/td][td]5[/td][td]Latin[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]1[/td][td]flight[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]2[/td][td]alertness[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]1[/td][td]potions[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]1[/td][td]dodge[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td][td]1[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chirurgery[/td][td]2[/td][td]bind wounds[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]1[/td][td]supernatural abilities[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]conversational[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dowsing[/td][td]2[/td][td]vis[/td][td]10 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Etiquette[/td][td]1[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Flight[/td][td]4[/td][td]getting off the ground[/td][td]45 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Ken[/td][td]1[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Healing[/td][td]4[/td][td]potions[/td][td]45 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Witch Magical Theory[/td][td]5+2[/td][td]Healing[/td][td]75[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Gaelic[/td][td]5[/td][td]conversational[/td][td]0 (+75)[/td][td]Native Language[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Medicine[/td][td]2[/td][td]theriacs[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Music[/td][td]1[/td][td]singing[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Organization Lore: Folk Witches[/td][td]3[/td][td]initiating others[/td] [td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Cooking[/td][td]1[/td][td]stews[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Profession: Scribe[/td][td]1[/td][td]copying books[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]1[/td][td]sneaking[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]1[/td][td]woods[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Swim[/td][td]1[/td][td]staying afloat[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teaching[/td][td]1[/td][td]one-on-one[/td][td]10[/td][/tr][/table]
Vis:
Seven years post apprenticeship: 42 Co vis
Potions: -18 Co vis
Total vis: 24 Co

Items:
Healing potion (incapacitating): 8 doses

Seven years post-apprenticeship
Years 1-5: 75 xp (figured in above)
Years 6 and 7
Spring: Build Kitchen
Summer: Build Kitchen
Autumn: Bind Belasco as familiar (LT=17 vs target of 16) [-4 vis]
Winter: Brew Healing (Incapacitating) potion: 7 doses [create Lab Text: level 7] [-13 vis]

Spring: Craft Dowsing Rod
Summer: Craft Flight Broom
Autumn: Teach Belasco FW MT (SQ 16)
Winter: Teach Belasco FW MT (SQ 16)

[sub]Edited to correct healing potions. I forgot that her specialization in healing means that she can brew 8 potions, not 7.[/sub]

And here's Belasco, her raven familiar.

[size=150]Belasco[/size]

Background
Belasco is a wise raven of virtue who lived in the magical aura that the Gifted member of Isobel's coven lives in. He never got along with her, or with any of the other members of the coven. But he found a connection with Isobel and eventually agreed to become her familiar.

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Str 0/-4, Sta +2, Pre +1, Com +1, Dex +1, Qui +1/+9
Size: -4
Magical Might: 10

Virtues: Arcane Lore, Essential Virtue (understands portents), Keen Vision, Magical Animal, Personal Vis Source: Animal, Premonitions
Flaws: Compulsion (steal shiny objects), Greedy (major), Magical Friend, Visions
Qualities: Improved Abilities, x8, Virtue: Tough (+3 Soak), Gift of Speech, Virtue: Animal Ken, Virtue: Second Sight, Virtue: Educated, Improved Characteristics, x1, Improved Powers, x1, Virtue: Wilderness Sense, Lesser Power, x5 (125), Ritual Power, x1
Inferiorities: Reduced Might: -9, Subject to Deprivation

Personality Traits: Curious +2, Greedy +3, Mysterious +1

Abilities:
[tr][td]Animal Ken[/td][td]5[/td][td]birds[/td][td]70 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Loch Ness[/td][td]2[/td][td]hunting grounds[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]4[/td][td]flight[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]4[/td][td]shiny things[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]1[/td][td]shiny things[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]4[/td][td]dodge[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td][td]2[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chirurgery[/td][td]5[/td][td]bind wounds[/td][td]75[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]3[/td][td]own powers[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]medical terminology[/td][td]50[/td][td]from familiar link[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td]faerie locations[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td][td]4[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Witch Magical Theory[/td][td]3[/td][td]Healing[/td][td]32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Gaelic[/td][td]5[/td][td]conversational[/td][td]0 (+75)[/td][td]from familiar link[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hunt[/td][td]3[/td][td]insects[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Infernal Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td]demons[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Legerdemain[/td][td]2[/td][td]filching things[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td][td]3[/td][td]magic plants[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Medicine[/td][td]5[/td][td]theriacs[/td][td]75[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Organization Lore: Folk Witches[/td][td]1[/td][td]rituals[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Premonitions[/td][td]4[/td][td]dangers to Isobel[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Second Sight[/td][td]5[/td][td]seeing through illusions[/td][td]70 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]4[/td][td]sneaking[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]2[/td][td]woods[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teaching[/td][td]2[/td][td]one-on-one[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Wilderness Sense[/td][td]4[/td][td]predicting the weather[/td][td]50[/td][/tr][/table]

Time since bound as familiar
Spring: -
Summer: -
Autumn: Bound as familiar (LT=17 vs target of 16) [-4 vis]
Winter: Help Brew Healing (Incapacitating) potion

Spring: Help Craft Dowsing Rod
Summer: Help Craft Flight Broom
Autumn: Taught FW MT by Isobel (SQ 16 FW MT)
Winter: Taught FW MT by Isobel (SQ 16 FW MT)

Ritual Power

Grant Second Sight
3 points, Init equal to (Qik – 10), Vim
R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Ind, Ritual
Imposes the Minor Virtue Second Sight upon a target. If permanent, the power is a ritual-like power and costs points from the creature’s Might score as well as Might pool. If temporary, the Might points spent on this power are only
recovered when its effects are withdrawn.
(-2 Might total from Improved Powers)
No Hermetic equivalent: Ritual Power

Lesser Powers

Fade into the Shadows
PeIm 20
0 Might points, Init 7
R: Per, D: Sun, T: Ind
Belasco can cause any one person or thing to become completely undetectable to normal sight, regardless of what it does, but it still casts a shadow.
(Base 4, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, +1 changing image)
Lesser Power (20 levels, –3 Might, Total Cost 35)

Gather the Essence of the Beast
ReVi 15
0 Might point, Init 7
R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Ind
Belasco can concentrate the raw vis in a corpse into one part of that corpse, which can then be removed. This spell lets him gather all the raw vis you find without lugging around entire corpses of beasts. Note that the vis in many magical creatures is already concentrated in this manner in some specific organ, though this ability will allow you to relocate that vis if you wish.
(Base 10, +1 Touch)
Lesser Power (15 levels, -1 Might Cost, -2 Might cost from Improved Powers, Total Cost 20)

Manipulate Objects
ReTe(An, Aq, Co, He) 15
0 Might points, Init 7, approp. Form
R: Sight, D: Conc, T: Ind
Belasco can slowly move things from afar. Acts with a +5 Strength.
(Base 3, +3 Sight, +1 Conc)
Lesser Power (15 levels, –3 Might cost, Total Cost 30)

Negate Illusion
PeVi 10
0 Might points, Init (Qik - 2)
Belasco can cancel the effects of any one Imaginem spell or power whose level is less (20 + stress die (no botch)).
(Base effect, +2 Voice)
Lesser Power (10 levels, –2 Might cost, Total Cost 20)

Scales of the Magical Weight
InVi 5
0 Might points, Init 8
R: Touch D: Mom, T: Ind
Belasco can use the effect Scales of the Magical Weight at will.
Lesser Power (5 levels, -1 Might cost, total cost 10)

Sense the Nature of Vis
InVi 5
0 Might points, Init 8
Belasco can use the effect Sense the Nature of Vis at will.
(base 4, +1 Touch)

TOTAL COST OF LESSER POWERS: 125

I thought we were doing simplified advancement, not proper in-game advancement. So for Beatrix when she worked seasons in the lab her experience for the year was reduced. Shouldn't years 6 & 7 provide 0 experience for Isobel? I figure her time spent teaching still counts, but the rest shouldn't for Belasco; so shouldn't Belasco only get 32 points in FW MT?

Oh, right, I redid this today and forgot that we don't get exposure xp for lab seasons in this advancement. I'll correct it.

Corrected.

We have two ravens of virtue and Belasco is a boy. More plot points for familiar love stories :slight_smile:

you also have Magic Lore( magic plants) twice.

you have had no time to teach Belasco magical theory so I would not think he has it.

Unless you copy and pasted Isobel's abilities

Ah, Twue Wove!

Oops!

Isobel advanced seven seasons. She bound Belasco in season six and trained him in season seven.

I will have to figure out where you got all the qualities from. I have 8 right out of the book and you have 21. Are you playing a summer bird?

Is that not what we were playing? Should I have made a Spring bird?

The character generation rules say that "Magical Familiars (those who had Magic Might before being befriended and Bonded) should be created as either Spring or Summer characters, and either Grog or Companion Level (see Realms of Power: Magic, p. 34)."

Though as I look, perhaps it should have been a 10 Might to start. Not sure about that. What say ye, Peregrine?

If we're dealing with a starting Might of 10, then here's a revised version of Belasco.

[size=150]Belasco[/size]

Background
Belasco is a wise raven of virtue who lived in the magical aura that the Gifted member of Isobel's coven lives in. He never got along with her, or with any of the other members of the coven. But he found a connection with Isobel and eventually agreed to become her familiar.

Characteristics: Int +2, Per +2, Str -2/-6, Sta +2, Pre 0, Com +1, Dex 0, Qui 0/+8
Size: -4
Magical Might: 10

Virtues: Arcane Lore, Essential Virtue (understands portents), Keen Vision, Magical Animal, Personal Vis Source: Animal, Premonitions
Flaws: Compulsion (steal shiny objects), Greedy (major), Magical Friend, Visions
Qualities: Improved Abilities (x5), Gift of Speech, Virtue: Animal Ken, Virtue: Second Sight, Virtue: Educated, Virtue: Wilderness Sense, Lesser Power (x5) [125]
Inferiorities: Reduced Might: -4, Subject to Deprivation

Personality Traits: Curious +2, Greedy +3, Mysterious +1

Abilities:
[table][tr][th][left]Ability[/left][/th][th]Score[/th] [th][left]Specialty[/left][/th][th][left]XP[/left][/th][th][left]Notes[/left][/th][/tr]
[tr][td]Animal Ken[/td][td]4[/td][td]birds[/td][td]45 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Area Lore: Loch Ness[/td][td]2[/td][td]hunting grounds[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Athletics[/td][td]4[/td][td]flight[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Awareness[/td][td]4[/td][td]shiny things[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Bargain[/td][td]1[/td][td]shiny things[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Brawl[/td][td]4[/td][td]dodge[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Charm[/td][td]1[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Chirurgery[/td][td]4[/td][td]bind wounds[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Concentration[/td][td]3[/td][td]own powers[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Dead Language: Latin[/td][td]4[/td][td]medical terminology[/td][td]50[/td][td]from familiar link[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Faerie Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td]faerie locations[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Finesse[/td][td]3[/td][td]common folk[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Folk Witch Magical Theory[/td][td]3[/td][td]Healing[/td][td]32[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Living Language: Gaelic[/td][td]5[/td][td]conversational[/td][td]0 (+75)[/td][td]from familiar link[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Hunt[/td][td]3[/td][td]insects[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Infernal Lore[/td][td]2[/td][td]demons[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Legerdemain[/td][td]2[/td][td]filching things[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Magic Lore[/td][td]3[/td][td]magic plants[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Medicine[/td][td]3[/td][td]theriacs[/td][td]30[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Organization Lore: Folk Witches[/td][td]1[/td][td]rituals[/td][td]5[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Premonitions[/td][td]4[/td][td]dangers to Isobel[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Second Sight[/td][td]5[/td][td]seeing through illusions[/td][td]70 (+5)[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Stealth[/td][td]4[/td][td]sneaking[/td][td]50[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Survival[/td][td]2[/td][td]woods[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Teaching[/td][td]2[/td][td]one-on-one[/td][td]15[/td][/tr]
[tr][td]Wilderness Sense[/td][td]3[/td][td]predicting the weather[/td][td]30[/td][/tr][/table]

Time since bound as familiar
Spring: -
Summer: -
Autumn: Bound as familiar (LT=17 vs target of 16) [-4 vis]
Winter: Help Brew Healing (Incapacitating) potion

Spring: Help Craft Dowsing Rod
Summer: Help Craft Flight Broom
Autumn: Taught FW MT by Isobel (SQ 16 FW MT)
Winter: Taught FW MT by Isobel (SQ 16 FW MT)

Lesser Powers

Fade into the Shadows
PeIm 20
0 Might points, Init 7
Belasco can cause any one person or thing to become completely undetectable to normal sight, regardless of what it does, but it still casts a shadow.
(Base 4, +1 Touch, +2 Sun, +1 changing image)
Lesser Power (20 levels, –3 Might, Total Cost 35)

Gather the Essence of the Beast
ReVi 15
2 Might point, Init 7
R: Touch, D: Mom, T: Ind
Belasco can concentrate the raw vis in a corpse into one part of that corpse, which can then be removed. This spell lets him gather all the raw vis you find without lugging around entire corpses of beasts. Note that the vis in many magical creatures is already concentrated in this manner in some specific organ, though this ability will allow you to relocate that vis if you wish.
(Base 10, +1 Touch)
Lesser Power (15 levels, -1 Might Cost, Total Cost 20)

Manipulate Objects
ReTe(An, Aq, Co, He) 15
0 Might points, Init 7, approp. Form
R: Sight, D: Conc, T: Ind
Belasco can slowly move things from afar. Acts with a +5 Strength.
(Base 3, +3 Sight, +1 Conc)
Lesser Power (15 levels, –3 Might cost, Total Cost 30)

Negate Illusion
PeVi 10
0 Might points, Init (Qik - 2)
Belasco can cancel the effects of any one Imaginem spell or power whose level is less (20 + stress die (no botch)).
(Base effect, +2 Voice)
Lesser Power (10 levels, –2 Might cost, Total Cost 20)

Scales of the Magical Weight
InVi 5
0 Might points, Init 8
Belasco can use the effect Scales of the Magical Weight at will.

Sense the Nature of Vis
InVi 5
0 Might points, Init 8
Belasco can use the effect Sense the Nature of Vis at will.
(base 4, +1 Touch)

TOTAL COST OF LESSER POWERS: 125

I just copied my out of the book. I was amazed at the power difference. That is all.

Familiars should be either Spring or Summer (Summer gives you more Experience Points to spend, especially since animals don't get a Native language...although once you Bond with them, that becomes a moot point. Personally, if I were making a PC, I would probably go with a Summer Companion critter.

As far as Magic Might, I think it's safe to say that this is a High-level saga (at least, that's what I was thinking when I doled out Covenant Build Points), so a Companion-level Magic character should have around a base Might Score of around 15, give or take.