Journey to Olympus, summer 1196

With Dawn beside him Apollon feels confident as he walks up the steps to the Palace. Apollon attempts to still his sense of wonder as he follows the music towards his impostor and other gods.

As Apollon tries to still his sense of wonder people stop and look at him as he approaches, and he feels like they are judging him and looking down their noses at him...

Apollon does not respond to the looks of disdain. He also ignores the imposter playing the lyre and resolutely approaches Zeus, "Hello, father. I have returned."

The court falls silent, then one voice erupts in laughter- Hermes. Hera looks upset and turns to Zeus "Another of your bastards, I take it?" Then to you "And why should I not strike you dead where you stand, mortal? Hercules never showed such insolence, and look how hard his life was!"

Ignoring the the others Apollon says, “But, Father, it is me, Apollon!”

The faerie Apollo bellows in rage "Your mother gave you my name after seducing my father!? This insult cannot go unanswered!" Zeus seems nonplussed by the situation and raises a hand. "Wisdom, it would seem, is not a gift you have gained from me in any great measure, but I do sense that your blood is mine. Apollo, your anger is justified, but misplaced, for the boy did not choose his name, and I suspect that other may have influenced his other to make such a foolish decision. Boy, surely you have heard stories enough to know that I do not show favoritism to my children who are not of my wife, so what do you seek that you come here like this? Furthermore, how came you here? Being of my blood is not enough to have gotten you through the gates!"

1 Like

"I wished merely to meet you, Father. I came with my master, Lucien, but I took it upon myself to find you while he was busy with something else." Glancing at Apollon, the faerie god, then back at Zeus, "In the stories you favored me but Leto is my mother, not Hera."

Apollo's rage is clearly up, but Zeus raises a hand "Find this Lucien, bring him here to answer for the actions of his charge!" He then stares at you. "Leto is not your mother, I can assure you, for Leto has had but two children, both of whom dwell here on Olympus."
Moments later Lucien is dragged into the court by Apollo, and is required to make an explanation of the situation. Lucien glares at you, then responds "Most high Zeus, the boy believes what he is saying, I believe he has been influenced by some malevolent spirit in this fashion, one which also arranged his birth so that his bloodline would resemble that of Apollo to further complicate the situation. The purpose of this deceit I am uncertain of, but I expect it is a plot of the Titans, of which the boy is an innocent pawn, and, as you can tell, of your bloodline as well. Indeed, from what I can tell, his actual parentage is that he is descendant from Apollo, and his mother of Hyperborean descent, a mixture so obviously intended to mimic the background of his father that it is clear that whatever plot this may be extends ell before his conception. I would ask a boon of each of you, to spare the boy his life that I may investigate this further." In turn each of the gods, starting with Zeus pledges this as a boon to your master, after which he takes you by the arm and drags you from Olympus, back to earth.

As he is being dragged from the palace, too shocked at what he has just learned to put up any fight but he looks back at Apollon. “Is it true? Is Apollon my father? Hyperborean, like the nymphs of Delos?” He thinks, “but they told me, my mother and Dawn, that Zeus was my father, that I was Apollon Phoebus.”

Back on earth he is still shocked and amazed that he hadn’t learned by now. “What game is Lucien playing that only now he tells me the extent of his thoughts?” He thinks silently as they come to a stop. Apollon looks up at Lucien with a sense of (misplaced) betrayal.

as you begin the voyage back to Aegaea Lucien states "I am sure you have many questions, and probably strong feeling about what just happened. Normally I would apologize for how I handled this revelation, but there was a purpose behind my method which I believe your companion shares after some fashion."

You will discover, following this adventure, that Apollo has become imbued with the spirit of imagonem.
10xp

remaining seasons before 1200:
book:Imagonem
assist lab (ReVi)
assist lab (ReVi)
teach re
book ignem
lab (fix AC)
lab (fix AC)
teach aurum
book Vim
lab (ReAn)