Journey to Waddenzee (summer 1240)

The Carpet is ready and eager to serve :smiley:

?

After washing the carpet Fleur gestures for Cornelius to climb aboard, then she climbs on as well, and directs to carpet towards the storm.

Hearing those down below readying the carpet, Lucas finds something to hide behind lest he be seen.

Yes. Exactly :laughing:
Except there is one problem. It cannot fly when it is wet.
Looking closer at the specs for The ever-loving Flying Carpet, it is designed a bit wonky in consideration of what we now know about flying carpets. I blame Fixer :laughing:
Leave all that aside, it has a fundamental flaw in that it cannot operate when wet. You steer it by tugging on the tassles like reins. Cornelius reads this to you from the notebook on the desk next to him. Vulcanus was doing some analysis, and discovered the carpet was a sentient living being with a magic power. He drew the conclusion that this must be the missing Andorran Carpet.
He wrote here that he had plans to eventually present the carpet to his old covenant. His shorthandwriting is terrible. He wrote "Use carpet as peace offering and excuse to visit Andorra. Challenge Antoine to find the sword. First hide sword. Where? Ask Heimdal. Come up with riddle.", and it leaves off there. The ink, it is not fresh. But the book looks as if it was set open this way to dry. For several weeks at least.
Your carpet...
ReAq3 No Fatigue.
I am stealing Vulcanus' cloak. I am turning into a criminal. You are a bad influence. Let's go.
Now that you are aware of the carpet's weakness, be forewarned that you are headed into a storm cloud and should take some magical precautions of some sort.

Having just washed the carpet Fleur drops her concentration, and the water, being of magical creation, disappears as she rests to regain her fatigue. "So we need to protect it from the storm.I'm not strong in Rego or Aquum, but I have an idea... Fleur attempts to create a glass dome, 1/2 in thick, which will cover both the carpet and the occupants. CrTe: base 3, range:touch, duration day, level 10. fatiguing spontaneous magic: Cr(12)+Te(3)+die roll(1), exploding(12)+sta(3)+aura(5)=35 divide by 2=17
and there is a glass dome with a handle that can be held over the occupants and the carpet as we fly towards the storm.

Very clever indeed. What is the duration on the dome?

day, about what time is it? I scored an extra level of magnitude if it is close to sunset...

Antoine pops his ring back on, then rests his hand on a table so the ring looks like it's just lying there.

Fleur and Cornelius head off into the wild blue yonder. So the coast is clear. And you all heard the entire discussion downstairs, including what was read from the notes.
Well, it seems that our path from here is pretty clear.

Fleur keeps an eye out for any rainbow bridges while Felicia looks for the next region boundary. Per(1)+second sight(5)+die roll (5)=11, will locate a boundary to a 3 level difference in regio.

Antione. Lucas. Are you listening? They left to go after Vulcanus in Asgard. He is hiding the sword there to challenge Antoine with. An alteration of the Self Initiation Script Antoine has? Let us get to him before he has had the chance to cover up his tracks and come up with a complex riddle. Make the challenge a bit easier by using surprise.
:wink:

[hr][/hr]
Felecia spots a rainbow, but it receeds as you approach it.and it moves around. It does eventually grow closer, or at least larger. At this point others can see it. But as it grows you can see that it leads to the blackest most violent storm cloud you have ever seen.
Felecia spots a castle off to the side...

OOC: Sorry, it's been a crazy week.

[hr][/hr]
"You're right," Lucas replies. "The path is clear. I guess it's time for us to go up the rainbow bridge. I'm afraid it's a trap set for Antoine. But at least we know it's a trap. That ought to help. And if we catch him before he sets the riddle, so much the better."

Fleur will follow Feicia's directions to the castle.

OOC: Me too with the craziness. Also, I hadn't picked up that's where the sword was, so thanks for calling it out!

I should probably have expected that Vulcanus would expect me. As you say, a trap we know about is better than one we don't. Let's get going.

Felicia directs Fleur and Cornelius to the glorious palace. At first, only the cat can see it. But as you approach the splendor becomes apparent to all. Imagine a synergy of anachronistic style. Mixing Norse and High Gothic. Spires and arches and peaked roofs and long vaults, decorated with carvings of dragons and flowers and complex designs.
Apparently those inside have spotted you, for a rider is sent out to meet you. He seems to be a lithe man on a typical horse, but as your view clarifies you see that he is a large man and the horse much bigger than normal.
And it trots upon air as if it were ground.

The man waves a wand at you and issues his call.
[size=100]Ho travelers! Well met but take caution! I am Skirnir, herald to my lord Frey. My liege is a generous host and kind to those who show respect. But be ye troll or demon or insidious foe of any sort, you shall receive greater mercy from the hounds of Hel![/size]
[hr][/hr]
Meanwhile, Carmen rides the carpet with Antoine and Lucas. Ahead you all see the mass of the storm. Black, brooding, flashing with thunder. Carmen cackles with glee, weather witch that she is.
HahahaAhAhaHahahahahaAAAha!!!
Ready boys? Let me know if you need protection!

Knowing that Carmen is well-trained in weather magic, Lucas answers in the affirmative. "I'll take any protections you have to offer. I'm not proud."

[hr][/hr]
I can't recall what's up right now. But he'll make sure that: Cloak of the Duck's Feathers, Doublet of Impenetrable Silk, Eyes of the Cat, and Touch of Warmth are active.

"We be neither trolls nor demons, and most certainly not insidious. We have no enmity with your Lord Frey, but rather come seeking a traveler we had heard was headed in this direction, one Vulcanus who would have been traveling with two boys. Do you know if he has come this way?"

Aye, this looks like no kind of weather I've ever seen before! Your protections would be most welcome.

As for Lucas, Antoine casts his sole spell of any use, Cloak of the Duck's Feathers.

Carmen casts Wards against Thunder & Lightning, lesser ones to shelter from the rain, and takes you all full steam ahead into the black lightning cloud, all the while cackling like the Joker.
HahahaHAHahahAhahHAHhAHaahhhhHaaaaaaa!!!!