Labs

The lab has never been refined, I believe palatial was supposed to replace spacious and empty

I'm not at home for a couple days, but I'll fix it when I get back into my own city. I'll plan to refine my lab soon to add back in spacious. Because space.

Fixed Aurthor's lab to show his lack of refinement. Er, I mean... next year I'll refine it back towards spacious. >.>

So Gloriana finally was successful with her "Case for preservation of the male essence". With a minor side effect.

Bandages of Bind Wounds, Moon duration. Charged items. With a minor side effect.

Potions of Creation (the pregnancy potion). Charged items. With a minor side effect.

What are the minor side effects, silveroak?

Case for preservation of male essence: any children produced through essence stored here will have the Imbued with the Spirit of Corpus virtue.

Bandages of Bind Wounds- skin wrapped in these bandages will turn orange for one year.

Potions of Creation: um, what are these again? I can't find where they are proposed/documented and they are really close to something that fertility magic indicates cannot be done.

Insight and invention in 1117

They already have a minor side effect, the pregnant's woman hair grows quickly and extremely long throughout the pregnancy. Gloriana had to experiment as it is part of the invention process for the Case, and everything else she created in Winter 1121 (including Potions of Creation, from her Lab Texts) suffered the new Experimentation rolls.

That...is pretty major. :open_mouth:
Fertility Magic already showing much promise!

Oooh, I like it!

potion of creation- the woman gains lecherous as a minor flaw (or escalates it to a major flaw) for 1 day after drinking the potion.

I modified Aurthor's lab characteristics in the wiki, according my math Safety should be +1, Aesthetics +6 and Teaching specialization +2

To confirm, silveroak, would Oliverius's infinite illusory lanterns be able to grant superior lighting with no space nor upkeep? (currently updating his lab) Actually, I wonder if he could switch between superior or excessive lighting based on how many lamps he makes...

it can, essentially giving you the free "magical lighting" virtue. I would pick a typical configuration (probably superior lighting) and note any season in which you want to use excessive.

How often is that teaching lab used, by the way? Is there a roster of when it's available? (Updating Oliverius through the end of year since he's not adventuring. Updated his lab for the new lighting.)
Also, Oliverius's lab has an Aesthetics of +6 at the end of this year. What sort of... reputation is he getting for his glorious Forge of Magical Wonders? He should have a positive rep of +1 minimum by now, since he's been here a few years, and his rep should max at 30xp/ Rep of 3, I'd estimate by the time Arduino is Gauntleted.

Doubt there's a roster, Andros petitioned the Council to use it years ago, they never voted for it or against it, so he started using it on and off every few years, think others have done the same, whenever Andros uses it, he just makes sure to declare it, he hasn't been censured yet! 8)

Anna's adding a refinement and palatial to her lab. She also rolls for Highly organized, not that it will help much due to Fang being lower intel, but she still might botch!
Erm potential botch
Botch check(8), so assuming its only a single botch die, she's fine.

Gloriana will use her 1125 Summer season in which she read the Fertility tractatus to install Lesser Expansion in her lab instead. This implies a 0 to +2 disbursement of Mythic pounds, and adds +2 Upkeep to her lab, which becomes +2.

Also, since she has given her permission for the artists to visit her lab while she is using it to study from the artwork/props there, she would hope this translates into the Free virtue Person*, with the +1 to Me, as she is also going to be probing their minds quite extensively (secretly, of course).

they will only be studying it for one season, or one season apiece if you only allow one at a time. Go ahead and designate which season(s) you want to [strike]exploit[/strike] allow them in your lab.

:smiley: It would depend on the year, Gloriana's a busy bee! But let's say Summer for now. Though she's often in the Lab for 2 seasons a year, it wouldn't be that difficult to receive these honored guests!

each artist can study for one season, Mathiew and aftonio will be studying initially, eventually Romy as well, so we are talking about individual seasons, not a certain season each year. I'll set Mathiew for summer 2027, which means Aftonio will still be looking for a season to study. If you want the bonus for both seasons this year you should probably assign him the other.

Gloriana creates a Tireless Servant for her Lab as a Lesser Enchanted Item in the Summer of 1128, same as the Covenants item

Andros installs Palatial in his Lab in Spring/Summer 1131, this requires disbursement of silver (from 1->4), and raises Upkeep to +4. Comfy chairs!
Will update.

At the end of 1135 Aurthor has moved the mirror with the Hyperborean ghost from his lab to the covenant's vault.

Ignes.Festivus, if I remember correctly Gloriana has expressed interest about keeping it in her lab.