Labs

He has not been, right now it is up to the Magi (council thread) how the use of that lab should be allocated...

Updated Andros's Lab, installed Lesser Expansion, this requires a disbursement of 3 Mythic Pounds, and the lab now has an Upkeep of 2, also Greater Feature: antechamber is now a Lesser Focus as well. Spells is at +6, GQ stays the same, and so does Occupied space.

Updated Andros's Lab to add Supernatural Free virtue from 1112 adventure +1 General Quality, -1 Upkeep, +1 Warping; +1 Experimentation, 1 point on an appropriate Specialization (Re), Personality trait will be "Commanding"

I've decided to make Anna earn her keep by spending Spring 1113 increasing refinement so Aurthor has 2 spaces free, and then getting her to put an improvement in - I'm just deciding what. Can we afford things that increase upkeep?

Yes, as long as you don't upset the other magi, your net income is around 1500 lbs of silver a year at the moment...

Andros's Lab has improvements for 1113:
•Faerie Ingredients from 1112 adventure
•Lesser Focus became Greater Focus, as it was my mistake, a Greater Feature cannot be also a Lesser Focus, it has to be a Greater one.
•Rolled for both Highly Organized and Spotless!
•Refined to 2

Formerly known as Camilla, aka Gloriana Sentis's lab is up on the wiki.

Added Anna's Lab to the wiki. I copied Gloriana's lab and added her new magical lighting wand.

Hey all!

Note that Lady A. is often available to help 1 season/year in the Lab, she provides a +14 to lab totals currently. Often try and leave 1 season so that other Magi may avail themselves of her services and negotiate (1 vis/season or some such) However, for 1118, her 1 season's already taken by Andros. Just to keep in mind!

She knows Anna, and likes her better than Andros!

raccoonmask, you have to update Aurthor's lab. He had his Apprentice, Anna, install the Palatial Greater Feature in Spring and Summer 1113, the cad! That's a nice goody. So no wonder he seldom issues forth! :slight_smile:

I had no idea! I'll have to get that set up...
I'm updating it now.. I assume he has 1 level of refinement to make it all fit? Also, do we have a master crafter in the covenant to pay the upkeep cost of the Superior Equipment?

We have the personnel for Superior Equipment, don't worry.

I see no season assigned to Refinement by Aurthor or his Apprentice. The Labs are huge (Size +3), so Palatial should fit those 3 points of size (and get rid of the Empty Flaw)

Okay, I've updated Aurthor's lab with the following assumptions: The lab has a refinement of 1, which is needed for the Palatial + Spacious to fit in the lab; The Superior Equipment is paid for by an in-covenant craftsman, since nobody else seemed to pay upkeep for it, and we have a bunch of good craftsmen. Otherwise, Aurthor will need to refine his lab once (or get rid of Spacious) and raise his costs by 2; His palatial free specialization went into Experimentation for Inventive Genius funtimes.

The lab has never been refined, I believe palatial was supposed to replace spacious and empty

I'm not at home for a couple days, but I'll fix it when I get back into my own city. I'll plan to refine my lab soon to add back in spacious. Because space.

Fixed Aurthor's lab to show his lack of refinement. Er, I mean... next year I'll refine it back towards spacious. >.>

So Gloriana finally was successful with her "Case for preservation of the male essence". With a minor side effect.

Bandages of Bind Wounds, Moon duration. Charged items. With a minor side effect.

Potions of Creation (the pregnancy potion). Charged items. With a minor side effect.

What are the minor side effects, silveroak?

Case for preservation of male essence: any children produced through essence stored here will have the Imbued with the Spirit of Corpus virtue.

Bandages of Bind Wounds- skin wrapped in these bandages will turn orange for one year.

Potions of Creation: um, what are these again? I can't find where they are proposed/documented and they are really close to something that fertility magic indicates cannot be done.

Insight and invention in 1117

They already have a minor side effect, the pregnant's woman hair grows quickly and extremely long throughout the pregnancy. Gloriana had to experiment as it is part of the invention process for the Case, and everything else she created in Winter 1121 (including Potions of Creation, from her Lab Texts) suffered the new Experimentation rolls.

That...is pretty major. :open_mouth:
Fertility Magic already showing much promise!

Oooh, I like it!

potion of creation- the woman gains lecherous as a minor flaw (or escalates it to a major flaw) for 1 day after drinking the potion.