LadyPhoenix Character Discussion

That mater is good at labwork!

Strong Paren and a bonisagus. My help in lab is worth +10.

If he had another apprentice and a familiar, it would have added more boosts and a custom lab for better than normal quality.

It is worth the two seasons for long potion that strong.

So that is 2 seasons of year 8. I will need to figure out what I do for last two seasons.

Year 10 will have familiar once I decide what sort of familiar to get (ReMe most likely)

I am thinking of going for owl familiar like the wise old owl from RoP: M. Both it and my character are always trying to know everything and getting all the news.

So it would be might 17, size -4 so effectly need 23 lab total to bind, lab total (reco) is 38 meaning I can spend 1 extra pawn and I will have 40 for cords of 3, 1, 1. That just leaves me 2 pawns of vis (or 6 depending on if my pussient counts for MT total in determine how much vis I have each year) for other projects that year

I have 3 (or 7) pawns of vis I can use year of my longevity potion, just need to figure out what to do for those two seaons.

I would say yes.

Oh wait it is magic theory * 5 so 25 or 35. Wonder which it is?

I can probably use 14 to open a talisman (something with lots of gems).

um...considering I just said that your Puissant Ability counts for determining how much vis Siobhan can use each year in chargen, then it would be 35 pawns per year.

Okay

YEar 8:
Spring: Assist Paren in the Lab
Summer: assit Paren in brewing longevity potion (7 pawns vis used)
Autumn: Open/Attune Talisman (14 pawns of vis)
Winter: Imbue Veil of the Invisible Wizard into talisman

TAlisman: copper and Electrum bracelet with a large celtic cross of Silver. Four gems are found at the four ends of the cross: At the top, a piece of Amber. On the left is found an quartz, on the right, rock crystal and at the bottom, amber.

Talisman effect: Veil of the Invisible Wizard (Similiar to veil of invisibility but personal, concentration, instead of touch/sun: Base 4, +1 concentration, +1 changing image = 10 +5 item maintains concentration +4 24/day = 19)
Triggered by touching the quartz on the left side of the bracelet's cross and saying 'Ceiliuir' (gaelic for vanish)
Int 3+inventive Genius 3+ Magic theory 7+Perdo 6+imagonem 6+Talisman bonus 5+material bonus (quartz) +5+ Material bonus (opal) 2 + aura 3= 40 ((once season of work)

Attunements active:
Quartz attunement invisibility +5
Rock Crystal: Clairvoyance +5

Year 10 (Still debating good name for my familiar)
Spring: Bind familiar (ReMe 8 pawns of vis, 8 base): Gold cord +3, Silver +1, Bronze +1
Lab total: Int 3+magic theory 8+Rego 9+Mentem 17+Aura 3=40

Summer: Mental speech with complex images (CrMe 15) from Siobhan to her familiar
Autumn: Mental speech with complex images (CrMe 15) from Familiar back to Siobhan

Lab total: Int 3+Magic theory 8 (mentem specialty)+Creo 4+Mentem 17+Familiar Mentem +5 + aura 3 = 40

Winter to be determined: 23 pawns available for use

Name: Siobhan Filia Paitric Ex Bonisagus

Characteristics: Int +3 Per +0 Pre +1 Com +0
Str -2 Sta +2 Dex +0 Qik +0

Size: 0

Height: $'10”, Weight: 93 lbs, Gender: Female

Decrepitude: 0 (0)

Warping Score: 0 (2)

Confidence: 1 (3)

Virtues:
Gift(Free)
Hermetic Magus(Free)
Pussiant Skill(Magic Theory, Free)
Skilled Paren(Minor)
Art Affinity(Mentem, Minor)
Pussiant Art(Mentem, Minor)
Quiet Magic x2(Minor)
Subtle Magic(Minor)
Flexible Formulaic Magic(Major)
Inventive Genius(Minor)
True Friend (Banrion, familiar)

Flaws
Ambitious(Major)
Magic Addiction(Major)
Small Frame(Minor)
Weird Magic(Minor)
Close Family Ties(Minor)
Secretive(Minor)

Personality Traits: Manipulative 3, Subtle +2, Persistant +1, Brave -2, Loyal (Banrion) +3

Combat:
Dodge: Init 0, Attack N/A, Defense 3, Damage N/A
Punch: Init 0, Attack 1, Defense 1, Damage -2
Kick: Init -1, Attack 1, Defense 0, Damage 1

Soak: +2

Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious

Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20)

Abilities:
Gaelic 5 (Among thieves)
Athletics 2 (Running)
Brawl 1 (Dodge)
Folk Ken 2 (Thieves)
Awareness 2 (Keeping Watch)
Area Lore (dublin) 1 (Underworld/criminals)
Legermain 3 (Picking Pockets)
Bargain 2 (Fencing)
Scottish 1 (Actiing Innocent)
Stealth 3 (Hiding)
Magic Theory 5+2 (Mentem)
Latin 4 (Hermetic Texts)
Artes Liberales 1 (Ceremonial Spells)
Parma Magica 3 (5, Mentem)
Concentration 5 (Resisting Addiction)
Finesse 1 (aiming spells)
Penetration 2 (mentem)
Leadership 1 (In the Lab)
Magic Lore 1 (Forest creatures)

Equipment: Grimoires, Clothing, Lockpicking tooks, lab texts, talisman

Talisman: copper and Electrum bracelet with a large celtic cross of Silver. Four gems are found at the four ends of the cross: At the top, a piece of Amber. On the left is found an quartz, on the right, rock crystal and at the bottom, amber.
Active Attunements: Invisibility +5, Clairvoyance +5
Power 1: Veil of invisible wizard (PeVi: 19, VEil of invisibility but Personal, concentration, item maintainces concentration, 24/day)

Encumbrance: 0

Sigil: Faint pine scent

Twilight Scars: None

Arts:
Cr 4 In 7 Mu 4 Pe 6 Re 9
An 1 Aq 0 Au 0 Co 7 He 0
Ig 0 Im 6 Me 17+3 Te 0 Vi 5

Familiar: Banrion: Tawny Owl (Bonds: Gold +3, Silver +1, Bronze +1) Might 17,
Characteristics: Int 2, Per 2, Pre 1, Com +1, Str -6, Sta +2, Dex +1, Quick +6
Size -4
Confidence 1 (3)
Virtues/FlawS: Magical Animal, Magical Champion, Wilderness sense, Improved characteristics x2, Gossip, Indiscreet, busybody, Nocturnal, True Friend (Siobhan ex Bonisagus)
Magical QUalities/inferiorities: Greater power, Gift of speech, Improved abilities x4, Minor Virtue: animal ken, Minor virtue Improved characteristics x2, Minor Virtue: Gift of Tongues, Minor virtue: keen eyes, Minor virtue: unaffected by the gift, Susceptible to Deprevation
Personality: Loquacious* +6, Owl +3, Inquisitive +3
Combat: Claws: initiative +5, Attack +5, Defense +12, Damage -4
Fatigue: Ok, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconcious
Wounds: -1 (1), -3 (2), -5 (3), Incap (-4), dead (5+)
Abilities: Animal Ken 4 (forest animals), Scotland Lore 6 (woods), Athletics 5 (flying), Awareness 4 (rodents), Bargain 3 (small talk), Brawl 2 (dodging), Charm 3 (inspiring confidence), Faerie lore 4 (vis sources), Folk Ken 3 (travellers), Hunt 2 (rodents), Magic Lore 4 (regiones), Penetration 2 (animal), Survival 3 (woods), Wilderness sense 3 (find prey)
Power: Immobize Prey: 0 points, init +6, Mentem or animal, Eye, conc, Ind (RoP: M p65)

Spells Known:
Aura of Ennobled Presence (MuIm 10) CT:12
Weight of a Thousand Hells (CrMe 25) CT:23
Posing the Silent Question (InMe 20) CT:26
Loss of But a Moment's Memory (PeMe 15) CT:25
Rewrite the Memories Lived (MuMe 20) CT:23
Wizard's Golden Key (ReTe 10) CT:11
Call to Slumber (ReMe 10) CT:28
Subtle Shift of the Heart (ReMe 10) CT:23
Sight of the hidden Vis (InVi 10) CT:14
Eyes for the Distant Room (InIm 20) CT:15
Opening the Intangible Tunnel (ReVi 20): 16
Sleep the distant group (ReMe 25) CT: 28

Rewrite the Memories Lived (MuMe 20)
R: Voice D:Moon T:Ind
Totally rewrite the memories that a person has of an event. The target is no more sure of this manufactured memory than of the authentic one, so he may discover strange fabrications to be false.

Wizard's Golden Key (ReTe 5)
R: Touch D:Mom T:Part
(base 1, +1 touch, +1 part, +2 metal)
(from City and Guild, it unlocks locks)

Subtle Shift of the Heart (ReMe 15)
R: Voice D: Mom T:Ind
This spell intensified or mutes the target's current emotions that like can become affection, hatred down to dislike.
(Base 5,+2 Voice)

Sight of the hidden Vis (InVi 10)
R: Per D:Dia T:Vision
Any vis within vision range glows slighly red to the caster's sight. This spell was created for use when hunting for vis sources by apprentices.
(base 1, +1 dia, +4 vision)

Eyes for the Distant Room (InIm 20)
R: Arc D:Conc T:Room
Same for Ear for Distant Voices but Sight as sense rather than hearing

Sleep the distant group
ReMe 25
R: sight, D: Mom, T: Group
A group of up to ten men become very sleepy and fall asleep within a few seconds.
(Base 4, +3 Sight, +2 group)

Siobhan started her training a little later in life than most. She born to a family of Irish rebels and theives praying upon and fighting the viking rule of Dublin until the English freed the city from the Vikings. After that point, they weren't so much rebels but loved the roguish life and stealing and smuggling was easier than trying to find more law abiding trades. They plied the coast between ireland, england and scotland while most lived near dublin, there were always a several groups on the road roaming.

Siobhan grew up to know the darker areas of dublin, picking pockets, keeping watch. She was more often used as watcher or distraction as her gift made people uneasy and more noticable. PEople would watch the odd one and distrust her and this would free up siblings and cousins to grab pouches, slit purses and such. This almost worked until the day when siobhan was eleven when they decided that the strange scholar was a perfect target. He was more than happy to lose a few coins in a pouch to get his hands on Siobhan as he recognized the oddness and chose to claim her. The family tried a few rescue missions until the mage got it through their heads that she was better off and going to have great power and that his silver was better for them as he paid them for information, stolen goods that fit his need and otherwise benefitted the clan.

This of course meant that Siobhan kept contact with family strongly since mages were great places to fence stolen goods and when she completed her gauntlet, she was more than happy to read a few minds and pass tidbits to the family for heists. Once a thief, always a thief. She is thick as thieves with them and can call on them for a few favors and they don't hesitate to occassionally all on her. Especially when one of them is caught. She gets them out and makes the jailors forget that they were in there (or think they were released to punishment).
[hr][/hr]
Familiar: Banrion: Tawny Owl (Bonds: Gold +3, Silver +1, Bronze +1) Might 17,
Characteristics: Int 2, Per 2, Pre 1, Com +1, Str -6, Sta +2, Dex +1, Quick +6
Size -4
Confidence 1 (3)
Virtues/FlawS: Magical Animal, Magical Champion, Wilderness sense, Improved characteristics x2, Gossip, Indiscreet, busybody, Nocturnal, True Friend (Siobhan ex Bonisagus)
Magical QUalities/inferiorities: Greater power, Gift of speech, Improved abilities x4, Minor Virtue: animal ken, Minor virtue Improved characteristics x2, Minor Virtue: Gift of Tongues, Minor virtue: keen eyes, Minor virtue: unaffected by the gift, Susceptible to Deprevation
Personality: Loquacious* +6, Owl +3, Inquisitive +3
Combat: Claws: initiative +5, Attack +5, Defense +12, Damage -4
Fatigue: Ok, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconcious
Wounds: -1 (1), -3 (2), -5 (3), Incap (-4), dead (5+)
Abilities: Animal Ken 4 (forest animals), Scotland Lore 6 (woods), Athletics 5 (flying), Awareness 4 (rodents), Bargain 3 (small talk), Brawl 2 (dodging), Charm 3 (inspiring confidence), Faerie lore 4 (vis sources), Folk Ken 3 (travellers), Hunt 2 (rodents), Magic Lore 4 (regiones), Penetration 2 (animal), Survival 3 (woods), Wilderness sense 3 (find prey)
Power: Immobize Prey: 0 points, init +6, Mentem or animal, Eye, conc, Ind (RoP: M p65)

I will edit in familiar stats tonight

I realized I needed two aging rolls: siobhan didn't age. Then again, it is likely going to be a while before anything more than appearant age goes up (she needs to explode on stress no botch for appearant age to go up

invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/3423121/

I think I have finished but with a fun twist.

I changed one minor virtue from proud to secretive and then she got the most chatty and gossiping, rumor mongering familiar.

It will make for interesting interactions and exasperation reactions.

Flaw, but yeah.

When you get the familiar stats added in (unless you want to put him/her/it as a separate sheet), go ahead and post her to the Character Sheets thread - that's going to be the Official Version of the sheet.