LadyPhoenix Character Discussion

I am looking at doing a Bonisagus of Bonisagus lineage. Labrat that sees people as minds to experiment with. She doesn't use intellego mentem on mages, their familiar or lab assistants since that goes against code but grogs and mundanes and most companions are open game.

Hello, pleasure to meet you
(pose silent question, pose the silent question, pose the silent question)
Ask question and get response
(pose silent question, pose the silent question, pose the silent question)
(Erase memory since person entered the room)
Hello, it is a pleasure to meet you. I understand that you are here to discuss XXXX. There is YYY I can tell you but if you are willing to give ZZZZ, PErhaps something can be done.

The mind reading is only part: Flexible formulaic magic on weight of 1000 hells (what does 1 day in hell do to the mind vs a month in hell or a year), What if you remember things you didn't? What if I just take over your mind and control you like a puppet and then make you forget about it.

Then add in some imagonem for invisibility to get arcane connections and controlling minds and reading minds of nearby nobles.

"Baron, this is your conscience speaking. You should not punish those peasants. You should raise taxes on your lords that don't treat their peasants right instead."

All in a mentem expert with fully silent/subtle magic. :slight_smile:

handwave "These are not the magi you are looking for"

Name: Siobhan Filia Paitric Ex Bonisagus

Characteristics: Int +3 Per +0 Pre +1 Com +0
Str -2 Sta +2 Dex +0 Qik +0

Size: 0

Age: 26 (26), Height: $'10”, Weight: 93 lbs, Gender: Female

Decrepitude: 0 (0)

Warping Score: 0 (0)

Confidence: 1 (3)

Virtues:
Gift(Free)
Hermetic Magus(Free)
Pussiant Skill(Magic Theory, Free)
Skilled Paren(Minor)
Art Affinity(Mentem, Minor)
Pussiant Art(Mentem, Minor)
Quiet Magic x2(Minor)
Subtle Magic(Minor)
Flexible Formulaic Magic(Major)
Inventive Genius(Minor)

Flaws
Ambitious(Major)
Magic Addiction(Major)
Small Frame(Minor)
Weird Magic(Minor)
Close Family Ties(Minor)
Proud(Minor)

Personality Traits: Manipulative 3, Subtle +2, Persistant +1, Brave -2

Combat:
Dodge: Init 0, Attack N/A, Defense 3, Damage N/A
Punch: Init 0, Attack 1, Defense 1, Damage -2
Kick: Init -1, Attack 1, Defense 0, Damage 1

Soak: +2

Fatigue levels: OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious

Wound Penalties: -1 (1-5), -3 (6-10), -5 (11-15), Incapacitated (16-20)

Abilities:
Gaelic 5 (Among thieves)
Athletics 2 (Running)
Brawl 1 (Dodge)
Folk Ken 2 (Thieves)
Awareness 2 (Keeping Watch)
Area Lore 1 (Dublin)
Legermain 3 (Picking Pockets)
Bargain 2 (Fencing)
Scottish 1 (Actiing Innocent)
Stealth 3 (Hiding)
Magic Theory 5+2 (Mentem)
Latin 4 (Hermetic Texts)
Artes Liberales 1 (Ceremonial Spells)
Parma Magica 1 (Mentem)
Concentration 3 (Resisting Addiction)

Equipment: Grimoire, Clothing

Encumbrance: 0

Sigil: Faint pine scent

Twilight Scars: None

Arts:
Cr 4 In 4 Mu 4 Pe 4 Re 4
An 1 Aq 0 Au 0 Co 1 He 0
Ig 0 Im 5 Me 13+3 Te 0 Vi 3

Spells Known:
Aura of Ennobled Presence (MuIm 10) CT:11
Weight of a Thousand Hells (CrMe 25) CT:22
Posing the Silent Question (InMe 20) CT:22
Loss of But a Moment's Memory (PeMe 15) CT:22
Rewrite the Memories Lived (MuMe 20) CT:22
Wizard's Golden Key (ReTe 10) CT:6
Call to Slumber (ReMe 10) CT:22
Subtle Shift of the Heart (ReMe 10) CT:22
Sight of the hidden Vis (InVi 10) CT:9
Eyes for the Distant Room (InIm 20) CT:11

Rewrite the Memories Lived (MuMe 20)
R: Voice D:Moon T:Ind
Totally rewrite the memories that a person has of an event. The target is no more sure of this manufactured memory than of the authentic one, so he may discover strange fabrications to be false.

Wizard's Golden Key (ReTe 10)
R: Touch D:Mom T:Ind
(from City and Guild, it unlocks locks)

Subtle Shift of the Heart (ReMe 10)
R: Eye D:Mom T:Ind
This spell intensified or mutes the target's current emotions that like can become affection, hatred down to dislike.
(Base 5,+1 eye)

Sight of the hidden Vis (InVi 10)
R: Per D:Dia T:Vision
Any vis within vision range glows slighly red to the caster's sight. This spell was created for use when hunting for vis sources by apprentices.
(base 1, +1 dia, +4 vision)

Eyes for the Distant Room (InIm 20)
R: Arc D:Conc T:Room
Same for Ear for Distant Voices but Sight as sense rather than hearing

If I may? If you're only concerned about being inconspicuous with Mentem spells...Deft Form (Mentem) will save you a Virtue slot and give you completely silent/subtle spells. Right now, she takes a penalty of -5 for casting without voice.

Typo that is corrected. She has quiet magic x2. All her spells are subtle/silent. She walks up to a chest or door, subtle and silent spell, "gee, someone forgot to lock it."

She is approaching a crowd and she seems to adjust her stand, standing up straighter (aura of ennobled presence)

This sheet by the way is at Gauntlet.

:laughing: this is creepy :laughing:

Just wait, There will be a sight range posing the silent question (who cares if I give a little warping since it will be level 30) and then arcane connection range.

Eventually she will have arcane connect spells to spy on a person, read their thoughts and then control their mind/memory. Talk about Mundane interference that is almost impossible to catch.

If you're going to the trouble of giving someone a warping point, just go with Peering Into the Mortal Mind and root around in there and get everything they need. No muss, no fuss, no asking messy questions.
You also don't have issues of being able to determine the veracity of the answer given with Posing the Silent Question.

I really don't want to give warping but there is a real problem with mind reading spells. You need Eye or touch or voice for range to avoid warping.

All three basically prevents you from doing it without them knowing you are there. Or you go to sight and give teh warping point. (I will have to check, is it 6th magnitude that warps or OVER 6th magnitude).

Maybe I can create a perdo corpus part spell to dead sense of touch and then visit the person while they sleep and read their mind since they won't feel the touch.

Sixth magnitude or higher (unless the spell is made for the target...but I'd be real surprised if you can get the Duke of Edinburgh or whatever to hang out in your lab for a few months while you make a Mind-jigger spell without him getting just a wee bit suspicious.

What is her goal?

Will Siobhan's family be coming with her to Scotland, or will she be traveling to see them? (it's about 145 miles/235 km as the crow flies to the nearest point in Ireland, and 270/430 to Dublin.)

Scots or Irish Gaelic? (I'm assuming Irish, since she's apparently from Dublin, but...)

So, she not only washes your brain, she leaves it smelling pine-sol fresh?

If this is the Key of Theodorus (p.79), it's actually T: Part, but the numbers work out okay. And it fits in nicely with her (apparent) background.

Is this Area Lore (Dublin) or Area Lore (Ireland) with a Specialization in Dublin? If the former, do you have a specialization?

Primus of House Bonisagus

Let's just say they get around. Some will be in the nearby city, some in ireland. Scotland is a common place to get away from heat for a few days. She has a number of siblings, cousins, uncles, aunts, Neices and nephew and well most of the family is involved in thieving in some way shape or form.

Irish Gaelic which probably means a -1 when speaking to scots gaelic

Same spell (I was going from memory) just different name

Actually it would be area lore Dublin, specialty underworld/black market

:laughing:

Now that's ambition! I like it! :smiley:

I really like (and am scared by) this character concept, but - Fixer's joke notwithstanding - I think the spell sigil doesn't do her justice. It's certainly okay, but a bit generic.

How about something that people think of when near her spell-casting (something inconspicious, like eating, family, work, the weather or sex - things people thing about rather often). And if she brain-washes them, a sigil that left some totally inncocent memory (eating a mushroom as a child, or a beautiful sunset, for example) in the victim's brain...

Well, it's your sigil, do as you wish.

To keep the smell, maybe it could be present in every changed memory

Going for 9-10 years post apprenticeship:

Year 1: PArma magica 10, Finesse 5, PEnetration 15
Year 2: Concentration 10, Magic Lore 5, leadership 5, Parma magica 10
year 3: Concentration 10, rego 11, Vim 9
Year 4: Concentration 10, Corpus 20
year 5: Concentration 10, Intellego 18, Mentem 2
year 6: concentration5, Corpus 5, Open the intangible Tunnel
year 7: Rego 13, imagonem 6, perdo 11
year 9: Rego 11, Parma magica 10, corpus 3, mentem 6

YEar 8/10 is lab. I am thinking of a familiar (figure met during year 2 and worked on building trust since then), possible magic items, longevity potion (what can I get from my paren or do I ahve to do it myself?), and invent spells (not from lab texts if allowed)

If I can't invent the spells I want in lab, I will just save them for first two seasons in game since it isn't worth spending 15 and 20 xp for what can be created with a 40+ lab total in one season.

If you do it yourself, it would be one season (although it might not be mind-blowingly effective). If you have your parens do it with Siobhan's help, it would be two season (one season for inventing the ritual, and one season in service to her mater as payment).

(oh, and by the way...ding!)

How strong would it be if my parens did it?

It is +6 if I do it for myself

With Siobhan's help, it would offer 14 magnitudes of protection.