Legendary Creatures?

p37 of HoH:Mystery Cults, says that Mythic Blood descendants of Birna gain the Minor Magical Focus of "legendary creatures". What are the guidelines to what that covers?
Surely not every beast of Virtue? And is it limited to Animal, or can spirits and supernaturally powerful people be included? What about Bjornaer Great Beasts.

In the Matter of France, the four sons of Duke Aymon are assisted by their cousin, the mighty magician Maugris, who gave them the wondrous horse Bayard. So I was thinking that the Mythic Blood of Maugris might include the MMF "legendary creatures '. But I would like to hear people's opinions.

1 Like

Pretty sure legendary creatures is any Magical animal (no matter their form alignment) with magic might. That seems to be the usage in the ward against beasts of legend from the core book.

2 Likes

Unrelated to the horse, but Bayard (the "chevalier sans peur et sans reproche" the fearless and faultless knight) was the great knight of the early 16th century in France, which makes giving his name to a horse quite funny...

1 Like

Other way around. The horse came first.
The horse Bayard appeared in stories during the 12th century, and was supposed to have lived during the reign of Charlemagne, i.e. early 9th century.

So if anything it is the knight who got his name from the horse.

1 Like

The knight took the name from a place, his residence. From where the residence took its name is not quite sure - but it could have been from the horse of the four sons of Aymon, since Aymon is a name occurring in the family of the owners:

2 Likes

I had not read the Wikipedia article, but that the horse was the son of two types of dragons is pretty wild.

Good point! I had overlooked that.
So it probably applies to Bjornaer Great Beasts, but not elemental creatures like Kelpies, nor daimons of Ascended Heroes

Until now I had only read the English Wikipedia article. The French version is much larger. Google Translate don't let me down.

Preparing my Rhine Gorge saga, I generally found the German articles to have significantly more information on German places and people than the English versions. Which makes sense...