[Legends of Hermes]: Ancient Magic's little brother?

I've decided now that I own all of the ars magica books, I'm going to try and go through Amazon and review all of the books I have read that currently do not have a review. I think it would help the sales, as I like the line so far quite a bit.

Surely, that's just one laboratory.

Well, you have to do research to find the stuff in it, after all :mrgreen:

Xavi

Atlas would really be doing itself a favor if it allowed Amazon's "look inside" feature on its new game books. The recent products have such varied themes that it's very hard to tell if any given book is of interest to me so that means I need to take a stab in the dark ordering online - or, alternately not take a stab at the book. I like this book and I nearly passed it up because I didn't get a very good understanding of what was inside.

Considering that they show PDF previews of the table of content on their webpage, I don't think this is a big leap.

Going slowly through the book.

2 clarifications that I found interesting:

• The fact that immortal familiars don't die when their magus dies, only mortal ones do (this seems to go with the assumption that most magical animals are mortal, though)
  • Why the (can't recall the name) Mentem spell to speak with ghosts is a ritual and not a formulaic, and the differences between the 2 spell effects.

In More Mythic Places indeed. It was kind of artificial to find it in Herisson's section.

It was the part of herrisson's that I liked the least since it was not very clear how the regiones worked.

Wow. Cool beans. I know my character is pursuing Original Research and it is cool to see so many different breakthroughs. I think I need this book!
J

No, you don't. :slight_smile: This is a book of ADVENTURES, some of which I may use in the current saga. Magi of Hermes would be a better purchase, if any.

Maximus: is this is the voce of your SG - HEED IT!
:wink:

There are indeed a number of breakthroughs to be had and treasure to be found. Plenty there to lift directly or to inspire for your own OR projects. And it's a good read too with plenty of story potential, whether you follow the scenarios or not. Magi of Hermes gives you a great big Grimoire and a stack of pick and and play PC/NPC options, but for the most part the spells and devices are all core-book (I know some are based on House Virtues etc). So they do very different things.