Let's talk Ars Magica!

If there were to become a regular event (monthly or whatever), I would like to participate.

I have some good news and some bad news. The good news is I went out today, and spent a tenner on some headphones. Decent headphones, well as good as I can get for £10. The bad news is they don't actually work, so now I have to go and look for the receipt! :frowning:

cj x

Same place Wilkinsons, that I bought the last mic, the one that never worked leading to us stopping production of Arcane Connection. I guess I should learn -- I never managed to get my money back on that either. I will try tomorrow though because i can't afford to lose that much cash, and if we are going to make this work I need headphones :slight_smile:. I'm even going to get a webcam, too! :slight_smile:

cj x

Does the donate button on your blog still work, CJ?

Headsets are like shoes: expensive ones last forever and cheap ones you need to replace every six months. As Terry Pratchett points out: the rich are rich because they don't need to keep buying stuff. I have working headsets from five years ago (although the $2 dohickey I need to use to connect them to these new-fangled USB ports keep breaking), and I seem to buy new bud headphones every month.

Ergo, it's a good idea for us to pool together and get you a decent headset, because as one of my colleagues has said: it's not charity when we are getting a benefit from it.

I'm sure I have CJ's physical address somewhere in my mail archive, PM me to get it since I don't think this is a secure channel <\whispers>

Sir Terry is a wise man.

Or we can work together offline to do it and save ourselves the fees (beyond what paypal might take).

-Ben.

No honestly, I'll sort this one. Unfortunately the webcam I bought came with a tiny 3" disc, and as I have a vertical CD drive it will just fall out. (Not that my cd drive actually opens any more) I have been to the website and found the drivers, but not the install software. Oh happy days! :wink: I'll get there. I'll try and return the headphones later today :frowning:

cj x

As one of CJs resident IT minions, I keep offering him a new and upgraded PC.
He keeps saying no. (Until thursday last when we recorded the podcast! New PC for CJ! :smiley: )
One of the other podcasts I do even offered us a decent spare mike as a loan after hearing the audio quality...
Should a kickstarter (I personally don't like indiegogo as the whole "get the money anyway" part seems to invite people to propose things they don't have the rights to (see the battery of Half Life and similar web series proposed there)) be successful, I shall allow for a secure shipping address for the item(s) if needed.
Oh, and kickstarter does work in the UK, you just need to be aware that HM C&I regard value and price as the same thing. (Having been hit with a £40 import tax on some items, as the freebies sent in addition were valued at $200 a piece.)

K.
~Wow. Stream of consciousness typing due to excess caffeine makes this hard to read even after editing for clarity...
Ia ia shub tytalus!

OK, so now I'm back on the forum after a short absence -- (Becky having some fairly heavy medical hassles and Ph.D amendments woes has kept me busy, and OK I ran Ars last night for Janus, Darkwing & co.) and I find the evil plot has materialised! In fact, it has taken a very physical form! Please, please, do take a moment to skim through my blog post here -- jerome23.wordpress.com/2013/10/2 ... -kindness/

And once again, my sincere, humble thanks! :smiley:

cj x

Awesome!

Does this mean we shouldn't read it? :wink:
Or do you have enough plot potential already?

Not plot related, just pure awesome :slight_smile:

If anyone is around tonight at 23.00 GMT (one hour from now) I'll try another Google Hangout and post details here. :slight_smile:

cj x

Ok the URL for tonight's chat starting in 30 minutes is plus.google.com/hangouts/_/7ecp ... 0?hl=en-GB

cj x

No-one want's to talk with us?

Sorry, my computer can't run the requisite software... :frowning:

We'll, really short notice. :smiley:

Too true - and some technical problems as well :frowning:

I was late but I would have signed up if I had been around.

I always enjoy a good hang out where you can just chat about Ars.

-Ben.