Line Editor

I am fairly supprised no one else has started this thread first. Since our estemed line editor, David Chart lives in Japan and things are pretty crazy right now over there, I expect that it may be a while until he gets a chance to see this.

I thought a thread saying that we hope that he and his family are all right and that our prayers are with him (at least mine are) and that we hope to hear from him would be a good idea.

We certainly hope that all is well. I don't want to overstep my authority (which is zero), but David Chart did post this on the authors mailing list:

So there you have it, they are ok. A later mail informed that he was affected by the blackouts and that his work would be hampered without power.

So there you have it, they are ok. A later mail informed that he was affected by the blackouts and that his work would be hampered without power.
[/quote]
Thats great new, except the blackouts part

So far, the promised blackouts haven't actually happened. The area around Tokyo is a lot calmer than the reports in the international media would suggest; we had new curtains fitted today, for example, as scheduled.

North-eastern Japan, however, has been devastated. If you want to help, I recommend the Red Cross in your country, because they will funnel donations to the Japanese Red Cross, which is already working on the ground.

I didn't even know you lived in japan :blush:
Good to know everything's allright, though. I hope things'll settle down quickly.