Lusignan the Fool

I'm intrigued by this "Lusignan the Fool" mentioned in the main rulebook. Is there a book (for either edition) that talks more about him?

1 Like

Replying here to also get the answer. It seems so interesting.

Apparently it is a jester card in Shadowfist CCG - and his creator was perhaps inspired by Guy de Lusignan.

1 Like

If you can get your hands on the book Marked for Death he shows up in the adventure "The Shape of Guilt."

Unfortunately, it's one of the books they haven't been able to reprint or release in PDF.

1 Like

I think he got mentioned in the FS1 supplement Elevator To The Netherworld as well, with a bit more information on him. (That book has a lot of information on aspects and personalities in the Netherworld.)

3 Likes

Elevator was actually the first place I looked before asking here. Either he's not in that book, or it's spelled differently there so it's not coming up in the search of the PDF.

Interestingly, a search for the word "jester" in Elevator to the Netherworld reveals just one instance: when it mentions that Huan Ken employs entertainers, but notes specifically that he does NOT employ jesters. It does not elaborate as to why.

That's odd - I'm sure that I'd heard of him before FS2, but my FS1 collection is all hardcopy, so a lot harder to bulk-search. (And I didn't play ShadowFist, so it wouldn't be from there.)
[confused face]

Eventually got my hands on a copy of the 1st Edition supplement Marked For Death. It does indeed have a bunch of additional info on Lusignan, much of which is both a) really cool and b) something I never would have guessed. That said, it also leaves some things intentionally mysterious, simply telling you that the truth of certain matters is unknown to everyone but Lusignan himself, and certainly not relevant to the current adventure.

Secrets under the spoiler tags, as all of this is relevant to the plot of one of the adventures in that book. Don't click on this if you think you might play this scenario some day.

• Lusignan has a secret romance with The Prof, who was leader of The Dragons in 1st Ed.
  • Lusignan has vanished, and left a replacement clockwork/magical/robot in his place, and only The Prof knows it's not the real Lusignan. She's covering for him because she still loves him.
  • He's sorcerer with multiple elemental affinities: fire, ice, steam/weather, he can fly, etc. He's also comfortable with super-science. And he's a shaper of the netherworld, too.
  • Lusignan (or his double) is playing a dangerous game of trying to make the Four Monarchs feel guilty and haunted about their murder of their father.
1 Like