Magazine Articles With "Official" Material

This is a list of all the magazine articles that contained new "official" material for Feng Shui. I'm not including any "unofficial" stuff on it.

It took me well over 10 years to track down copies of all of them. Some of the magazines are very rare and hard to find for various reasons, while other can be obtained easily..

The magazine is given along with the article and author next to it in parentheses.

I've included some notes about each one for those.

The 2 Valkyrie Quarterly articles were reprinted in Pyramid online and one of the articles can be read now for free.

If any one wants more info on one of these articles, etc. send me a PM.

Adventures Unlimited #6 (Sleeping Dragons Awake by Bruce Baugh)

Notes: This is an intro adventure.

The PCs get to meet the Dragons and learn some basic details and quick intros of the other factions in the Secret War.

Many of the GMCs in it can show up in other games and we get stats for some new Dragons not mentioned in any other source.

It was written using a playtest copy of the rules and has some problems because of this.

This magazine is very difficult to find if you do want to track down a copy as it was the last published issue of Adventures Unlimited and some shops that do trackk down out of print stuff ddn't even know issue 6 was even published of the magazine and were only aware of the previous issues..

Rob Heinsoo made these comments about running it:

[i]If any of you are planning to run Bruce Baugh's Feng Shui adventure from issue 6, you should know that the stats for the GMCs are way too
weak.

No PC group will get more than a couple seconds of opposition from the GMCs provided. It's a case of an adventure being written for a game before publication when the game's range of stats weren't well understood -- and nobody from Daedalus proofed the piece before it went to press. AVs for nearly all the GMCs included have to go up by at least a point, and in the case of the Named characters and the would-be serious opposition, two or three or even five points! I won't have time to offer a full revision of the stats any time soon, but anyone who's considering tinkering with it should also check and make sure that the schticks chosen make sense for unnamed characters. Frex, I think some of the unnamed folks have Slap Patches, and that doesn't make sense once you check out the game mechanics.[/i]

Shadis #27 (Like a Rat by Greg Stolze)

Notes: This is a short story the deals with Tommy Gonnorelli, a Pledged.

Tommy and one event that occurs in short story are mention in the Seal of the Wheel sourcebook on pg. 95.

The unammed middle-ranknig Lotus minion that Seed of the New Flesh mentions on pg. 33 mentions has an appearnce in the story too it seems and is given name.

Tracking down a copy of this magazine issue can be difficult, bcause the issue also included a Star Wars mingame.

Pyramid #20 (Blowing Things Up, by John Tynes)

This an intro article for Feng Shui and just describes the game setting it gave an gave a preview of Seed of the New Flesh by giving the details on the Hand Held Gravity Ditotion Utility Tool an Helix Activator in a sidebar.

This was the only place you could get details on those items for several years until Atlas published Seed of the New Flesh.

Find a print copy isn't difficult and a PDF version of the issue can also be purchased from e23 on the Steve Jackson Games site.

Vakkyrie Quaterly #13 (Let's Rumble by John Tynes)

This is a listing of 10 places to have a cool fight scenes.

Some cool stuff about each is , film recommendations for some, and adventure ideas.

Tracking down a copy is easy in the UK but difficult in the US as it was a UK publication. The publisher of Valkyrie however can help you get a copy of it or the article if you contact them.
The article was reprinted by Steve Jackson games in Pyramid online and can be read for fee on the Pyramid website.

The free Pyramid reprint is at:

sjgames.com/pyramid/sample.html?id=620

Valkyrie Quarterly #17 (Legacy of Ming by Chris Pramas)

Notes: This is an 1850s adventure designed to tie in with the Blood of the Valiant source book. You don't need a copy of that source book to play it.

Tracking down a copy is easy in the UK but difficult in the US as it was a UK publication. The publisher of Valkyrie however can help you get a copy of it or the article if you contact them.

The article was reprinted by Steve Jackson games in Pyramid online and can be read if you are a Pyramid subscriber.