Magi of the Levant

@silveroak requesting thread for Draco of the House of Bjornaer

So we're looking at @Plot_Device 's Draco being at Daphne as well as my Asterpax. Anyone else think that covenant might be a decent fit for their Levant character?

To the question of silveroak at the Thread for Scribarius I answered "After reading trough the other covenants at the wiki I think I prefer Covenant Of Daphne."
So yes I also would like to go with this covenant.

Is there anyone interested in a different covenant, so we can intermix magi and companions? I prefer to avoid PC magi piling into a single covenant...

Is there any way a character would find out about En-Dor and Canaanite Necromancy (ie that it exists to be researched)? That's something Draco might be interested in pursuing, if it makes a good way for Bjornaer to speak with their ancestors, and that could draw him to a different covenant. Maybe it would just be a thread that comes up later, though.

It is described as common knowledge that such a tradition once existed, and artifacts of supposed Canaanite origin are being sold to collectors for mere gold and silver.

Asterpax would be interested in searching for that as well though necromancy isn’t exactly his primary thing.

I should point out that Ancient magic is wrong about some geography- the mountain it seems to be refering to as mount hermon is in fact Mount Tabor. Mount Hermon is well north and somewhat east of the sea of Galilee, not southwest.

Rereading how Bjornaer view ancestors and ancestor sites, I don't think Necromancy is something Draco will pursue after all. This is based on his initiations that aren't final yet; but basically part of his reason for being in the Levant is the Clan Sirnas oath to protect (which I read as the Bjornaer first, but also the Order as a whole). I think that would influence where he should go; in fact he might be sent somewhere, but I'm not sure where.

Although Scribarius is plagued by the ghost of his grandmother he never would try to control her, actual be influenced by Folk Witch knowledge he probably would oppose Necromancy.

Nili ex Guernicus will be headquartered out of the covenant of Acre, while raised by a crusader she's maintained her original faith but is by no means a zealot or die hard. (She's a native who spent her apprenticeship in Normandy)
She's primarily set as a hoplite, with some skills in advocating compromise. She swings toward a Transitionalist bent and would love more magi/companions at Acre. She would also follow any interest in Terram magics/cults.

Am working on a Mercere Magus. If I give him the Mercurian Magic Virtue, what would it take for him to learn, preferably before the game starts, Road Magic (The Mysteries: Revised, pg. 116)? Assuming he spends a season being initiated.

Also, being a Greek Orthodox, do i need to take any flaw to represent that?

I would allow him to emerge from apprenticeship with the road target, without initiation, if he is both Mercere and Mercurian.
Greek Orthadox is common in the Levant and does not require a flaw.

In Covenants, on page 100, there's a spell called "A Simple Charm for the Recovery of Misfiled Books". Which basically allows the Magus to bring a book he has an Arcane connection to, to a lectern or to his hand. The book moves at the speed of a man running and requires Concentration.
I assume that because of the Arcane Connection Range, one can be anywhere in Mythic Europe to cast the spell, and just have to Concentrate long enough. That spell is ReAn10.

What level would it be to have a similar spell that simply teleports said book to you hand? Of course, it would still need to have a clear path, so keeping said book in a chest, or behind a locked door would prevent the use of this spell.

A couple more questions:

1. What level spell would it be to turn water into ink?

2. If I take Minor Magical Focus (books) would that be acceptable?

To transport such a book to hand from any distance would be ReTe(An) 25 base.
Turning water into ink would be MuAq base 2, but when the spell ends it would be water again.
My imagination comes up with enough possibilities that suggests it should be a major magical focus, but given the number of mundane objects which have been granted the status of minor magical focus I feel like I need to agree to this, with the potential for caveats to ensure it is not abused (for example it does not benefit a spell tablet being read from a book)

http://amfightorflight.wikidot.com/timaeus-ex-mercere

Would it be possible to know what kinds of books the other Magus in the covenant have that they are willing to loan out? and an estimate of prices? This could useful both for loaning those books for our use, as well as for loaning them out to other covenants...

That will be determined on a character by character basis, but they will generally be likely to want to swap texts for borrowing purposes rather than renting for vis.

Are those mostly Lab Texts (for spells and items)? or might those be Summae and Tractatus?