Magic Items Wanted

Hey,

My upcoming saga will center around the rejuvenation of a winter covenant. The main figure at the covenant is an ancient Verditius who is among the greatest of all Verditius. Notably, he won the House contest for best magic item three times in a row.

Can anyone suggest what these items might have been? I don't need mechanics, since they probably won't show in the game, having long since been sold or taken away or whatnot-ed, but they should be suitably impressive and fantastic in reputation.

Thanks!

Hehe. Depends a lot on how gritty or fantastic your saga is in style.

• a portable lake ... in the form of a puddle of water that sticks together and can be picked up, cartoon-style (place it a convenient place, say a command word and, next sunset, watch the ground sink and a good-sized lake form ... useful for getting rid of annoying armies, villages, etc.)

... could easily be mistaken for a natural lake and lost.

Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them,
    One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them

In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.

It just so happens I have a similar theme for my campaign, it's at a Winter Covenant that is placed on the sanctum of a long dead Verditius. Here's a link, you can check it out, and the items and magi living there at the Sanctum Hermeticum:

geocities.com/sanctumhr/Sanc ... cmisc.html

I wanted three items. That's twenty, and it would make little sense to take just three of them. The jeweler sells them all as an evil matched set.

Thanks to the others for your suggestions; I'll be considering those.

I'll give you three crazy powerful suggestions, sure:

An item that generates a number of vis equal to the aura it is placed in every season.

A horseless carriage, with an inside larger than its outside, and many little touches, such as ever burning lanterns, clockwork driver, controlled tempature inside, etc.

An amulet consturcted of pure representations of the 4 elements, each enchanted with obscene amounts of vis, duplicating each Ignum, Terram, Auram, and Aquam spell of level 30 or less.

And a bonus 4th!

A clockwork dragon, full sized, able to fly, fight, and belch fire.