Magical fire and "Creeping Oil"

If a magi creates magical fire to ignite flammable material, are the flames that spread from there magical in nature ( and does magic resistance stop it?)
If you use magical fire to ignite the oil created by "creeping oil" spell, is the fire magical?

Thanks.

I would say:

• no the fire is natural and last as long as the natural material is present to be burnt
  • no the fire is natural but can lasts only for the duration of the magical oil or as long as the oil takes to be consumed.

The second case is interesting and I know some SG who could say "it's a magical fire", but I don't see on which basis.

Albeit, in both case, you are faster to use a "ignite something flamable" guideline rather than a fire spell. Lower base, etc.

I would say (I guess ExarKun would agree):

The fire is magical for the duration of the spell. D: Sun; magical fire till dusk or dawn, then mundane fire if something is left to burn. Same if Momentary, which makes it effectively non-magical (Although Parma would stop it if you are trying to ignite a magus' robes).

I have to agree: ignite, magically or not, something flammable, magical or not, and the resulting fire is non-magical.

I believe that's explicitly stated in canon, somewhere - fire is only magical when it doesn't have something to burn. Once it's been 'attached' to a burnable object, it becomes natural. (It won't necessarily be as hot as the original, magical fire, though.)

So, setting fire to a magi's surroundings is a perfectly acceptable way to attack him - the initial blast won't harm him, but the now-burning ground and surrounding building will.

I would say the fire is magical only if there is nothing naturally burning... The start of the fire is magical, but if you ignite wood or oil, it will naturally burn.
If you ignite creeping oil, oil even if of magical origine burn by itself, so as long as the spell creeping oil is on and oil is present, is will naturally burn, and so be natural fire.
At least it is how I understand it.