Magical realm creation

Okay, first off, its very amusing to me how the words 'magical realm creation' have a much different meaning then in say other fantasy worlds. Mostly due to the fact that the Magic Realm is actually a place.

The point of this thread is a sort of epic project my character Heru might take up in the future - a project involving creating a supernatural land for his people (that is Hermetic magi, Redcaps, their covenfolk, and the Gifted).

My idea is that he would take certain places of power in the world and use them as nexus points for the greater realm creation. In fluff terms it would be like how in Exalted the Primordials built Creation on the axis of the Five Elemental Poles (Earth, Air, Fire, Water, Wood). Each Elemental Pole is a point that is both infinite and immediate as neeeded and it is through the combination of them that Creation exists.

My idea is that he would find similar such locations in Mythic Europe to use as Foundational Poles for his great working. Of course, unlike the five Elemental Poles of Exalted, he will use the concepts of the 15 Arts as the Poles.

I have the idea that as he traveled through Mythic Europe he would have found them over the years, even if I have yet to realize all of them. That one of them might be in each Tribunal, to make it all the more interesting. Right now though I only know of three locations - Earth in Mount Pilatis in the Greater Alps, Water in Adulis in the Red Sea, and Fire in the Ahaggar Mountains in Africa.

Having thought of such things I was wondering if anyone here had any other ideas that might be connected to it. That and any sort of interesting plot seed elements that might go along with this.

This is a long term potential project for my saga campaign adventure thing and so there is much I haven't thought of yet. Buuut I figured there is no harm in beginning to think of it and such. hehe

But yeah, any ideas or thoughts or suggestions or potential issues that would be maybe fun to pursue would be welcome. :slight_smile:

1 Like

here are some ideas that I just pulled out my behind:

Fire:
in mount edna/mount Thera (I know you have fire already but a volcano is a really good site)
Air:
The Atlas mountains (Atlas being the titan that holds the sky on his shoulders in greek mythology).
Herbam:
Białowieża Forest, the last primeval forest in europe (primeval means that the forest has stood there since before humans came to europe. All the other forests have more or less been cut down and regrown.)
Animal:
also Białowieża Forest, maybe in the polish side, this is the last place where Aurochs can be found, the last known aurochs was killed by the polish king in 1627!, meaning that aurochs are still around in ME, (Aurochs heartbeast bjørnaer anyone?).
Animal:
The Lascaux cave, for its depictions of the ice-age megafauna.
Mentem:
Could also be lascaux, or anyother cave with ice-age art, because it represents a manifestation of human consciousness. (imaginem fits here nicely too) Depending on which cave you prefer there are others in different places of France . So either Normandy, Provencal or maybe even the Rhine. You might also find caves like that in Iberia.
Corpus:
Somewhere in the valley of the kings in egypt. maybe a cave stashed full of mummies, maybe a tomb. The ancient egyptians believed that the body and the spirit was bound together and mummies are a really cool physical manifestation of that.
Mentem:
Same as a above.
Imaginem:
The north pole, where the aurora borealis comes from. Maybe there is a continuous stream of aurora flowing out of the north pole.
Imaginem:
The place with the best view of mont blanc.
Creo:
The Nile the source of the fertility of Egypt. Also the mythological creative force that opposes the Destructive red force.
Perdo:
The red force of the sahara.
Muto:
The Waddenzee of northern europe. Which is every changing but also always the same.
Rego:
The vatican which is the mythical source of all authority in ME.
Rego:
The Fane of the Founders which is the mythical source of the order of hermes and the place where the oath of hermes was composed. The order now lords over all the magical traditions of europe.
Vim:
The fane of the founders. Because it is the mythical keystone of the order's power.
Herbam:
The fane of the founders because the Hercynian spirit is bound here.
Vim:
The pyramids/the sphinx. Maybe they are the ultimate manifestation of magical power?
Vim:
Mount Olympus for its relation to the Olympian gods.
Creo:
The church of the holy sepulchre. I would consider the salvation of all humanity to be an improvement.

Thats it for now.

1 Like

Oohh man, thanks! I have so many locations I gotta look up to see good ways to fit them in and such. Maybe even add them to locations Heru visited when he was in said spots.

So yeah thanks! This is gonna be fun. hehe

1 Like