Name: Gideon Ex Miscellanea, filius Etrius

Characteristics: Int +2, Per -1, Pre -1, Com +2, Str +2, Sta +2, Dex 0, Qik 0
Size: 0
Height: 5'7"
Weight: 185 lbs
Decrepitude: 0
Warping Score: 0 (0)
Confidence: 1 (3)

Virtues: Secondary Insight, Book Learner, Free Study, Good Teacher, Imp Char (x1), Cautious Sorcerer, Puissant Parma, Minor Focus: Certamen, Affinity: Creo
Flaws: Outsider, Enemies, Pious (minor), Temperate (minor), Clumsy Magic, Susceptible to Faerie

Personality Traits: Independent: +2, Compassionate: +2, Practical: +2

Arts: Cr 8, In 5, Mu 6, Pe 3, Re 4, An 2, Aq 1, Au 1, Co 2, He 1, Ig 6, Im 3, Me 1, Te 3, Vi 3

Abilities: Hungarian 5, Latin 4, Hebrew 3, Area Lore: Hungary 1 (Estergrom), Athletics 1 (running), Artes Liberales 2 (ritual magic), Awareness 2 (alertness), Bargain 1, Brawl 1 (dagger), Charm 1, Etiquette 1, Folk Ken 1, Great Weapon 2 (Great sword), Magic Theory 3 (items), Parma Magica 1+2 (Mentem), Penetration 1 (Creo), Philosophiae 1 (ritual magic), Profession Scribe 1, Single Weapon 1 (longsword), Stealth 1 (sneak), Survival 1 (foraging), Swim 1

Spells:
Doublet of Impenetrable Silk (MuAn 15) +10
Wizard's Sidestep (ReIm 10) +7
Blade of Virulent Flame (CrIg 15) +16

Pilum of Fire (CrIg 20) +16

Touch of the Pearls (InAq 5) +8
Cloak of Duck's Feathers (ReAq 5) +7
Bind Wound (CrCo 10) +11
Eyes of the Cat (MuCo 5) +12
Conjure the Sturdy Vine (CrHe 5) +11
Pass the Unyielding Portal (MuHe 5) +9
Unseen Arm (ReTe 5) +8
Scales of Magical Weight (InVi 5) +10
Sense the Nature of Vis (InVi 5) +10
Wizard's Eye for Vis (InVi 10) +10 (Net Wizard's Grimoire spell, Conc duration)

As Outsider (Major, Social Status) does not specify that it is compatible with other Social Status virtues and flaws, I think you cannot take it, as your magus should already have Hermetic Magus (Free, Social Status).

You're definitely correct. Rules as written precludes me me from having both. However, I have mitigation.

I cracked open RoP: Divine to get an idea of medieval Jewish ethics, and noticed in the Flaws section Outsider: Minor. The last line of which is:

This is where I got the idea of taking the flaw in the first place, and it leads me to think that the Outsider flaw is supposed to be available to magi. IMO, it should be a general rather than a social status, but of course I'm not one of the authors. Anyway, if need be I'll re-work, but I'd like to keep it. I think it is "rules as intended" even though it violates "rule as written". Koschei, can you give me a judgement?

Good points. :slight_smile:

My guess is that it will depend on the location and tone of the saga. In some place this would defitively impact your character negatively, while in other places it might not be that much of a problem.

Sorry I have not been around, I would never have occurred to me, and I never would have read the description so carefully, as to preclude Magi from taking the outsider flaw.
So I am going to allow it.

I'll be catching up with everything over the weekend.