Margerethe (Development)

A partial first draft for my Apprentice character. I've only done Characteristics, Virtues, and Flaws so far. I'm leaning toward making her 10 for some reason, but haven't fully committed to it yet. The Characteristics are for adulthood, and haven't been adjusted for Age in this draft.

Intelligence: +2
Perception: +1
Presence: -1
Communication: +1
Strength: -1
Stamina: +2
Dexterity: +0
Quickness: +1

Virtues
The Gift
Hermetic Apprentice (Social Status, free)
Puissant Magic Theory (would be her future free House virtue, so no charge at this time)
Affinity with Auram (Inherited)
Deft Form (Auram) (Inherited)
Elemental Magic i[/i]
Inconspicuous (from Apprentices, p. 11)
Puissant Auram (Inherited)
Sidhe Blood (possibly Sylph, as I posted elsewhere)

Flaws
Dwarf i[/i]
Fear of Enclosed Spaces
Study Requirement i[/i]
Visions

So, the Hermetic Virtues are Inherited? How do you envision them manifesting? What virtues and flaws do you anticipate adding?

Yes, probably inherited (I'll go back and italicize the inherited Virtues and Flaw momentarily).

I was thinking they would come out either when she reaches a transition, it would develop with her studies, or somehow come about as a result of either stories or her faerie heritage.

Still mulching on a lot of things.

Second draft. I finally decided on having her start at the ripe old age of 8 (dunno why). Characteristics are age-adjusted (-3). Inherited Virtues are italicized.

Year: sometime after 1267
Size: -3
Confidence: 1(3)
Decrepitude: 0(0)
Warping: 0(0)

Birth Name: Margerethe
Race/Nationality: German (Bavarian)
Birth Place: Kronach, Bavaria
Religion: Christian
Title: Apprentice
Height (adult): 3'1" (94 cm)
Weight (adult): 19 lbs (9 kg)
Hair: Light blonde
Eyes: Sky blue
Handedness: Right

Characteristics
Intelligence: -1
Perception: -3
Presence: -4
Communication: -2
Strength: -4
Stamina: -1
Dexterity: -3
Quickness: -3

Virtues
The Gift
Hermetic Apprentice (Social Status, free)
Puissant Magic Theory (would be her future free House virtue, so no charge at this time)
Affinity with Auram (Inherited)
Deft Form (Auram) (Inherited)
Elemental Magic i[/i]
Inconspicuous (from Apprentices, p. 11)
Keen Vision
Luck
Puissant Auram (Inherited)
Sidhe Blood (possibly Sylph, as I posted elsewhere)

Flaws
Carefree
Dwarf i[/i]
Fear of Enclosed Spaces
Motion Sickness
Study Requirement i[/i]
Visions

Abilities
Area Lore: Kronach 1
Athletics i[/i] 2
Awareness 2
Carouse (games of chance) 1
Faerie Lore i[/i] 1
Folk Ken 2
German i[/i] 5
Stealth i[/i] 3

Margerethe also needs to have her Arts opened traditionally, giving up one season of her Latin year...
See my reply to qcipher in Babette's thread.

I think I did this right. (Seasons are arbitrary, but I think the right seasons overall.)

Autumn 1270: Having her Arts opened; gains Study Requirement (Major), which counts as an Ordeal for her next Virtue. 2 xp (Exposure) Magic Theory.
Winter 1270: 30 xp Latin (score to 3). 3 xp Athletics.
Spring 1271: 20 xp Latin (score to 4), 5 xp Artes Liberales (score to 1), 5 xp Philosophiae (score to 1). 3 xp Scribe.

That gives her the 60 xp for the Latin/Artes Liberales/Philosophiae, and 6 xp in whatever, as well as the 2 xp Exposure from her Arts Opening season.

If so, I'll make a new thread for Babette's "current" character sheet.

If I'm understanding correctly, Margerethe gets 5 xp per class to spend.

Thus:

• Magia Theoria: 5 xp Magic Theory (raising score to 1).
  • De Architectura: 3 xp Corpus (raising score to 2), 2 xp Imaginem (raising score to 1).
  • Elementa: 2 xp Aquam (raising score to 1), 3 xp Auram (raising score to 2), 2 xp Ignem (raising score to 1), 1 xp Terram (raising score to 1).
  • Flora et Fauna: 2 xp Animal (raising the score to 1), 3 xp Herbam (raising the score to 2).
  • History of the Order of Hermes: 2 xp Faerie Lore, 2 xp Code of Hermes, 1 xp Order of Hermes Lore.
  • Artes: 1 xp in each Technique (raising the score in each to 1).