Meeting the Vavel Dragon

She will mingle with the refugees and the guards while they get what they need ready to go, using her mighty Soldier (Leadership) score of 1 to help keep things moving and organized. (Pre 1 + Soldier 1 + die roll of 7 – The Gift penalty 3 = 6.)

She would like to get going as soon as possible.

The guards impress you with their discipline and ability to cope with your Gift. The scholors, maybe not so much. They are whiney and complain about everything. Dragor and the Slayer don't get along, one scholar is used to being the pampered daughter of a lesser noble and is a royal pain. But the two Redcaps in Training prove to be helpful, and Jaksic goes out of his way to impress you by soothing all the complaints and problems with his language skills.

As you head out on the road, you look back at the Scholomance. The storm is easing, and the castle's image seed to flicker slightly in the wind.
You march on.
You camp after several hours. Next day. Jaksic plays peace maker between the Slayer and Dragor. Her royal pain-in-the-ass won't stop pissing and moaning about every little thing. The kennel master lets the dogs run ahead. They locate a village up ahead and tell him about it (he has Animal Ken). Dragor and Jacsik barter for supplies. You camp nearby
Next day.
You march on. You are going nuts dealing with these scholars. The Alchemist twisted his ankle. The blahblahblah bullshit.
You camp.
And in the midst of the night, Jaksic goes out to take a leak and when he returns he thows open the tent door with a shout.
[color=green]Dragons!!

[color=red]"How many?" Vibria asks as she throws her sleeping furs off and springs to her feet. Her sleeping gown shimmers with the heat of Robes Proof Against the Cold.

[color=red]"If we throw them a maiden, do you think they'll leave us alone?" she quips over her shoulder in Catalan at Jacsik as she looks for her Hermetic robes. When she finds them, she grabs one of the sleeping furs, casting a spontaneous Rego Animal spell to levitate it as a curtain between her and Jacsik as she changes. (Popular opinion to the contrary, she doesn't particular enjoy everybody seeing everything she has...and besides, if things go well he may get a chance to see them down the road somewhere.)

((Base 1 to manipulate an item made from animal products, R: Touch +1, D: Diameter +1, T: Individual, for a Target of 3. Her ReAn is Sta 2 + Re 5 + An 0 ± Aura + die roll of 7 = 14, halved is 7. Well over the target. So, her Chaotic Magic kick in...and the impromptu curtain moves, keeping itself interposed between Vibria and Jacsik (until one or the other grabs it and moves it aside or throws it down).))

Once she's dressed, she will exit the tent and quickly survey the situation.

More than a dozen dragons, various shapes and sizes. You see one soaring high, no larger than a huge eagle, broad wings and tiny legs, and sabre like fangs. It swoops spiraling in to a latge three headed winged dragon wielding a gigantic axe. The smaller dragom sinks corrosive fangs into the neck of the middle head, then the other two heads tear it to shreads.
FA-WOOOSH!!!
A massive jet of flane strikes through the sky knocking the three headed dragon out of the sky.
A pair of drakes clutched in combat strike the ground nearby.
You see flashes of thunder over the next hill. A gout of fire shoots into the air.

What do you do? What are your orders?

Does she recognize any of the dragons? Or at least the type (Azdaja or Zmaj)? Int 1 + Magic Lore (Dragons) 5 + die roll of 6 = 12. (I don't think she'll need to use a Confidence with that roll, but she will if it will make a difference.)

It is almost impossible for most people to tell them apart. But you know a few clues and made a good roll.
The big guy with the forearms that canweild weapons, that is a trait unique to Magic dragons. The small one with the fangs is likely infernal and probably a vampire. The multiheaded ones are found on both sides. Storm dragons are magic. The limbless wingless serpents are most often Infernal.
Most dragons of both kinds breath fire and are immune to it. However, this is not true of the magic storm dragons or the infernal venom dragons.
So the sabre toothed wyvern headed Vibria's way is most likely infernal and vulnerable to fire.
Roll Initiative or spend a point of Confidence.

[color=red]"Get everyone out of the tent and someplace safe[size=50]ish[/size]," Vibria yells to the troops. [color=red]" Preferably where there's nothing flammable on top of you!"

She grabs a small bag of decent-sized (about a golf-ball, or a large marble) rocks and hold it in her hand, with the mouth of the bag open.

Her Initiative is Qik 1 + die roll of 8 = 9. (If she needs to spend a Confidence to go before Tigger, she will.)

Tigger has a Quickness of +3, and his die roll is 1d10=0
:mistergreen:
Two botch dice? One automatic and one more for stressful combat situation.
1d10=1, 1d10=6
No Botch, Init of 3 versus yours of 9.
He is wide open...

Whew.

[color=red]"Open wide, you son of a..." Vibria mutters in Catalan, then casts Invisible Sling of Vilano, which doesn't require penetration. CT is 11 + die roll of 6 = 17, ± Aura, vs a Spell Level of 10.

Aiming is Per 0 + Finesse 1 + die roll of 8 = 9. Plus Confidence, if necessary.

The stone gets lodged in the beasts throat. It ckokes for a second' then coughs it out at high velocity. It misses you, but still the beast is enraged and has a murderous look in its eye.
But still, it sucked its Initiative roll. Those elite Tremere trained soldiers I mentioned? All four of them and on the thing with spears. It isn't a big dragon, maybe the size of a huge dog (Sz +0 or +1 maybe). They manage to impale and incapacitate it.
Lightning splits the sky, striking several spots along the ground. You see a five-headed serpent dragon struck by a bolt and convulse before death.

Vibria looks up to see where the lightning bolt came from. [color=red]"Thank you, my friend!" she yells to it in Latin.

She then looks around for the nearest (likely) Infernal dragon. Per 0 + Awareness 3 + die roll of 2 = 5.

Depending on the type, she will either bring a Pilum of Fire on-line or use another Invisible Sling of Vilano.

The situation is chaotic and confusing, and you are unable to make a definitive judgment. And it seems that the action is moving away from you towards the west. It was an arial dogfight that happened to pass right overhead.

But wait! Here comes one now. A seven headed wingless quadroped. Well, it had seven heads. Only five left, two dead neck stups tell a grissly tale. It is lubering toards you now in a daze, apparently unaware of your presence. You are unable to tell what realm it is of though...

Vibria watches the wyrm intently as it wanders in her direction, looking for any clue as to which side it's on. Once it gets within about 15 paces, she will call out, [color=red]"You look lost, cousin. Where are you going?" in Latin.

One head looks confused, two heads draw back to gaze curiously and are ready to snap forward. One head growls angrilly. The fifth tells it to shut up. Heads six and seven are dead stumps.
[color=brown]You are the one who looks lost little human. Run off and be on your way! This is none of your concern.
The growler head says [color=brown]The human is a female. We/I should abduct her for a wife.
One of the drawn back heads adds [color=brown]I/We don't have time for that. We/I must keep moving and rejoin the others.

[color=red]"You are in my way. That makes it my concern. If you don't get out of my way, now, I will take the rest of your heads and mount them on my wall."

((Intimidation roll: Pre 1 + Leadership 2 + die roll of 9 = 12. ))

Good roll!
One head growls and another bars teeth. one head quips at the others. [color=brown] let her be! She is obviously not a normal mortal maiden. We are wasting time. Let us levitate...And with that the dragon floats away.
The action has dies down. On the field you see three dead dragons plust the one you and the grogs killed. And close by there are two severed dragon heads. Looks like they were bitten off by a larger dragon and spit out.

Vibria gets a gleam in her eyes as she goes to examine first the two dragon heads, and then the other corpses. How good a shape are they in?

She's mainly interested in the heads at first...they may make rather valuable trophies. But she's also interested in what, if any, vis may be gathered from the fallen dragons.

(Yes, she's checking to see if they dropped any loot :smiley: )

Good one. Yes, you may harvest vis from the dragon corpses. But which is magic and which infernal? I said four bodies total. The saber toothed wyvern you called Tigger, you are pretty sure that one is infernal. Then there is one you are sure is magic because it has short forearms with hands (unique trait of a few magic dragons). The other two require investigation. The two bitten off heads, no vis there because that dragon is still aline (he was the one you confronted and intimidated). Heads make cool trophies, but it may be difficult to transport. However, dragon teeth are useful and there is a stone called Draconite (a bone) found in the forhead. If extracted from a live dragon it has potential mystical properties.

She will cast Gather the Essence of the Beast...actually, no, she won't. I forgot that it's a Level 15 (don't know why I thought it was Level 5). So...she will gather the corpes together and spont an InVi, base 1 to detect the presence of vis, R: Voice +2, D: Momentary, T: Group +2, for a final target level of 5, to sense where the vis is and how much. Hopefully it's all in one easy-to-reach part in each dragon.

Her CT is Sta 2 + In 4 + Vi 3 + die roll of 4 = 13, good enough as long as her Aura Interaction Penalty isn't more than like -3 or -5 or something. And which may or may not trigger her Chaotic Magic.

Depending on what she finds, she will try her darnedest to extract the vis-bearing body parts. Including the Infernal. She has absolutely no intention of using any of it...she just wants to have it.

Vibria pouts when she realizes that mounting the dragons' heads on her walls back at Andorra looks unfeasable. [color=red]Ah well...a dragon's-teeth necklace will still look rather fetching, if I can get them polished and shined up nicely She then proceeds to carefully extract the teeth. And since, technically, the heads belong to a live dragon (as I understand it), she will try to extract the Draconite from the heads as well.

As she's working, she calls the guards over. [color=red]"How are we doing? Are there any injuries? Anyone gone missing? Anybody can't find their binky?"

Most excelllent.
There is no Aura here, so your spell works fine. To save time I will presume a successful repeat on each corpse.
Infernal saber toothed wyvern = 2 Perdo (one in each fang)
Magic dragon with forearms = 5 Ignem (in the lungs)
Unidentified drake = 3 Ignem (in heart)
Unidentified wyrm = 4 Vim (in spine)
Dragon Heads = a bunch of teeth and two draconite stones.

Some grumble and complain about your wasting time. Bur Dragor and the custos and the apprentice Redcaps understand and maintain discipline. In fact, they organize and pack up camp, and are ready to get on the move just about as you finish hacking out the pieces you want.