minor variations, big impacts

a few thoughts I had for rules variations that could have huge impact on the world being played in:

1. non-hermetic vis: why should all the vis fit nicely into hermetic theory? Perhaps there is some "Nu" vis for the amazons, or Viglio vis that the order doesn't understand, or detect...

2. magical entities as a study source- if a magical entity is willing to teach their art, perhaps allow a SQ equal to 1/5 their might plus com (+3?) with a level limit equal to their might?

3. teaching assistants- as with a craft ability, a teaching assistant can add 1/2 their teaching score to that of the primary teacher, provided the level of the student in the topic subject is lower than that of the TA. Even when it is not a TA allows more students to be taught as per adding 1/2 their teaching ability...

1. Is there a reason why things can't be both? An infernalist has Effusion vis that the hermetic theory interprets as Ignem. According to the Order, there are 10 forms that all things can be defined as, but that doesn't mean other people don't have 'correct' interpretations.
  2. ...
  3. I don't think I'd want to see the numbers thrown around when a teaching assistant adds half his score to the SQ of a class; This is more just personal caution for learning amplification, rather than a feeling that it's completely unreasonable. If you have a few extra teachers around, you can just turn every class into +2 to +4 xp, based on the skills of the teachers. I like the idea of a TA being able to add to the number of students, however. I think this makes a good amount of sense.

Hi!

For #2, the rules for Hermetic Sahirs in HoH:S show a similar way of learning, as a significatos, based on the creature's magnitude, then multiplying by 3.
For example, a 30 Might jinn provides a 6x3=18 Quality.
The Sahirs can learn the creature's associated Form and Lore associated with its realm (Magic, Faerie, or Infernal), or Sihr. Each creature can only be used for study once per Form and Lore and Sihr, they are compared to studying a tractatus (without actually being one).