Mission: Improbable

Crap! Vibria thinks when she realizes she's paralyzed. As soon as the spell ends, she hands the bow to Berhard, grabs the statue (does it look like Gemma?), the crown, and the cloak as above, along with anything else that looks to be of value, ties a quick knot to fashion an impromptu sack, and hustles out of the room.

[color=red]"I think we've overstayed our welcome," she says, visibly irritated. [color=red]"And anyone I catch staring, I'll deal with you later. Let's go!"

And she will haul ass out the sanctum, down the stairs, and toward the ship, pausing just long enough to gaze lustfully at the diamond chandelier.

The statue does not look like Gemma. Wooden eyes blink, and a wooden tongue licks wooden lips. "Ivarr?" she whispers.

Most everything in here is clearly broken or otherwise useless. The items of value are likely inside the chests-- Ludwig did, after all, pull a green gem out of the iron one.

Bernhard tries to free up arm space with all the casting tablets, dropping a few if necessary.

Bernhard is naked and a man. Some things are just involuntary. :wink:

And Bernhard will follow. Can't wait to see the looks on the servant's faces when he and Vibria come running down the stairs.

Crap! You guys go fast! Vibria! Grab that carpet!
Carmen then seeks out and grabs Gemma and urges her to come along. Then she flies back out the balcony up to the cloud-sheep. and tells them to come with her so she can shear them at her home :smiley:

The casting tablets are stone, precisely 1cm thick, and cut such that they nest into each other. Proto-Legos. He can carry all four in one arm, no problem, and the bow in his other hand.

...You guys kill me :laughing:

Gemma is not in her office; on a cursory glance Carmen doesn't see her or the baby anywhere.

The cloud sheep are right where she left them, though.
I like it here, says the big one.
We cannot leave Alfheim, says the middle one.
The smallest laughs. If you'd have us leave the skies of Alfheim, we cannot go the way you came; we would die in Niflheim. We would need to leave the other way.
Yes, agrees the middle sheep. To get to Midgard we must go through Asgard first.

Vibria grabs the carpet as best she can and kinda half-tosses half-hitches it under her arm and holds it against her body, thinking it sure is itchy for something magic.

((I'm looking at 10 and 11, and thinking, "Come on, we're not that ugly!" Although the first one's not loading for some reason.))

The carpet is on the floor of the big cage. You can't remove it without opening up the cage and entering it. Is that something you want to do?

Not if Caduceus is Leaping here.

And if anyone says anything, Vibria will say, [color=red]"Ordinarily, I'd be all in favour of grabbing as much as we can and run, but Caduceus is on his way."

Are you SURE? Avaricious +2... Ludwig DID just pull a gemstone out of that chest... a gemstone that, when eaten, seemed to give him magical powers...

Yeah, but that's the carpet, which she doesn't know what it truly is and, frankly, looks like shite.

As she's passing through, she does yell, [color=red]"And somebody be sure to grab that chest!" If nobody veers off in that direction, she will hoist it herself. (Str +1, Sta +2, so she should be able to carry it.)

The chest is solid iron, there's no possible way she could lift it. The other chest, while wooden, is still large enough that she could not carry it without significant assistance.

If Vibria wants to make off with any of Caduceus' loot (besides the casting tablets and the junk that was in his "rubbish room") she'll have to try and open one of the chests.

To be clear, is anyone trying to bring the wooden lady along with you? The "statue" is obviously disoriented, and would not be able to walk without assistance.

Vibria cusses quietly, because she really wanted that chess-playing iron chest, but she doesn't think she has time to go rummaging for a way to drag it along with them before Caduceus gets there.

You mean the wooden statue of the reclining nude woman that Vibria threw onto the cloak and is carrying in a makeshift sack? ...which, scrolling back to look for where I said that, I see a post that I hadn't seen before. So, ignore that part.

[color=red]"Can you walk?" she asks the statue. Assuming she says she can't, or she says she can but it looks like she can't, she will drag the statue by the hand out of the rubbish room. I'm assuming that the statue is about life-size.

[color=red]"Bernhard, can you carry Lady Ash, here? Or give her a piggy-back ride?" As she does, she eyes the iron chest again, trying to figure some way to get it home. Does it have handles, or something that can be used to carry or drag it?

She is the size of a human teenage girl (Size -1).

No handles on the iron chest. It looks a bit like this, except that all of the angles are clean and perfect:

It's about five feet long, three feet wide, and three feet high.

The wooden chest is the same dimensions and looks like this:

This one does have handles, but if you grab one of them, the chest does not budge. It's as heavy as... as if the whole thing were filled to the brim with gold and jewels.

Vibria pulls and tugs on both, without much success. What is up with this chest? she thinks as she almost gives herself a hernia yanking on the wooden one. What is in there that could make it weigh...so...much... Her thoughts trail off, to be replaced by an image of her opening the chest and looking in on 45 cubic feet plus of gold coins, gems and jewels of every kind, panning to an image of all that gold and gem-stuff on the floor of her sanctum, with her curled up on top of it. And she gets That Look on her face.

She looks at the others. [color=red]"Can anybody cast Unseen Porter in this Aegis?" she asks, almost pleadingly.

She looks around for anything to use to drag/shove the chest(s) on, but the only thing I think she can see is the ratty carpet in the cage, which might work for the iron chest.

Ludwig scowls. "The iron chest ain't got nothing in it but arseloads of vis, and anyway it's trapped," growls the surly goblin. "Whatever's in the wood chest is like to be protected just as well."

[color=red]"All the more reason to take them with us! Caduceus stole Vulcanus's pater's talisman, an item that should have been Vulcanus's by right of inheritance, and then stripped it of all its magical properties. Thereby depriving Vulcanus of his magical powers. Now, we could take that to Tribunal, and they would simply fine him an amount of vis. Which we have right here. What we're doing is saving him the trouble and embarrassment of a censure by the Tribunal. And considering how powerful that item was, he's likely getting off light!"

((Yeah, she's probably bs'ing her way through this. But he just told her that he's looking at TWO CHESTS FILLED TO OVERFLOWING WITH VIS, and she's not going to try to make off with it? Com 0 + Guile (convincing that she needs something) 3 + die roll of 3 = 6. Um...yeah...she'd probably be more convincing if she WEREN'T DROOLING!))

FRAULEIN! No time! Must leave!

(Folk Ken 3 + Perception 3 + 2*2*6=30. What a waste of good luck.)

"Leave her to die, we've already got the bow," Ludwig tells Bernhard, in Latin. "Vulc will forget about the hussy in no time, and then maybe the rest of us can finally get some work done." He switches back to German: "Bear, GO, help the dryad and get the bow to Vulc. I'll go after the ditzy blond. If she gets lost in the Magic Realm, I'm her best chance at getting home." He claps the big nude German on the... elbow (Bro Code says "shoulder" but the height disparity is too great for that) and a moment later a small raven flies down the staircase and out the antechamber balcony where Carmen disappeared.

Vibria looks at Ludwig, then at the chests, looking very much like she's about to cry. [color=red]"Yes, let's go before we do anything we might regret," she says.