Mission: Improbable

What was Vibria wearing? If it was all Animal matter then it can have been transformed along with her. Anything Herbam would have fallen off though.

Skirt and blouse, with a leather belt and metal buckle. I think I was leaning toward wool a while ago...which is too bad. It would have made a great running gag.

She nudges one or two a little bit with her nose, to make them easier to find either when (if?) she becomes human again or for the others.

Vibria stands up on her hind legs, looking intently at the spot and screeching, hopping up and down trying to jump as high as she can.

[color=red]"Let go of me, you little AAAH F*********K !!!" And Vibria grabs at her hand, holding it tight against her and teaching whoever wants to learn Catalan some rather interesting vocabulary.

The CrCo casting tablets are neatly labelled:
Shadow of Life Renewed
Incantation of the Body Made Whole
The Severed Limb Made Whole
Restoration of the Defiled Body

Carmen picks up the finger off the floor, and sees Vibria on the other side of the barrier screaming in colored vocabulary (Xavi, if you are reading this, we would really love some input here and learn some of your language :mrgreen: ).
WTF is going on?!?

Bernhard gets behind her and changes back to a man, in all his (mostly) naked glory. He gently lays a hand on her shoulder. Calm, Fraulein. Blood too fast. Calm. He grabs Ludwig and rips a strip a cloth from his shirt. I bind. Give hand. No look.

Assuming she lets him...Dex 1 + Chirurgy 2 + roll 5 = 8.

Esteban picks up Vibria's severed finger to make sure it doesn't get forgotten. "I'll hold this for you," he says, "until you want it back. As soon as we are outside the Aegis, I'll cast a spell to, ah, preserve it."

Ludwig wipes some blood and foam off his chin. "Choking was me. Only really dumb bint would stick finger in mouth of choking man."

How did Vibria get across the barrier?
(as in, I the player know, but Carmen the character does not)

"I uhh... I think I turned her into a weasel. I was... out of sorts at the time. Then when I was feeling better, I tried to pick her up and she turned right back into silly bint again."

He walks over to Carmen. "I dunno what'll happen, but you want me to try you?" (If Carmen allows it, she'll turn into a little white hawk with dark bluish grey tail feathers, and she'll return to human when he touches her again.)

[color=red]"I'm not afraid of a little blood...especially my own," Vibria says as she holds out her hand. She watches him bind the wound, feeling a little sheepish about how she over-reacted to a little sudden pain, her eyes shooting over to the uneven spot in the ledge every now and again.

Once he's done, she will go over to the table, take the Creo Corpus casting tablets, and hand them to Bernhard. [color=red]"These might come in handy pretty soon."

She then goes over and closely examine the not-quite-level spot where the candelabra is, peering around, under, from every angle to try to see if the bow is under the ledge, or maybe the bow is that part of the ledge, or something.

She doesn't catch sight of the bow, but Vibria DOES see the glimmer of steel underneath the candelabra. Looks like there's a TINY (even a layman can tell this takes exquisite craftsmanship) little hinge on one side, and a little spring coiled underneath the other which did not retract all the way, hence the tilt.

Bernhard, meanwhile, realizes that Vibria's immunity to fire means he can't treat her wound properly. The stump needs to be cauterized, stat, but how do you cauterize a wound when your patient is immune to fire and heat? There's no good way to tourniquet off just a finger-stump without cutting off circulation to other fingers and possibly causing her to lose those, too... and the wound will become infected for certain.

(I don't even know how to translate any of that into medieval-paradigm speak. "Her humors will go bad"?)

Vibria stands up after examining the ledge, the bandage on her hand now thoroughly soaked, and motions to Bernhard. [color=red]"What do you think? Is that safe?" she says, pointing to the hinge and spring set-up.

(It will take a Perception + Awareness roll of 21 or better to notice anything off about the candelabra. The hinge is VERY tiny and only the slightest fraction of the spring is visible in the nearly-imperceptible crack between one side of the candelabra and the ledge it sits on. I expected this was something that would take magic to find, but with such an impressive Awareness roll from PB... there it is.)

How about "The wound will fester"? He doesn't have his cauterizing tools with him anyway. Is there even a stump of the finger left, or did Ludwig bite it off flush with the rest of her hand? If there's a stump, Bernhard could use some thread to tie it off.

Per 1 + Awareness 2 + roll 0, single botch

So...Bernhard looks confused, then says Nein. Need burn.

Vibria looks at Bernhard for a moment. [color=red]"I'm not burning it...it might damage it."

She then reaches up and grabs the candelabra, giving it a quick appraisal[sup]1[/sup] before handing it to Bernhard. [color=red]"Here. Hold this."

She then looks carefully at the set-up to figure out how it works, and reaches in to release what I'm assuming is a hidden door or latch or something.[sup]2[/sup]
[hr][/hr][sup]1[/sup] Int 1 + Bargain? (treasure) 5 + die roll of 6
[sup]2[/sup] Dex 0 + die roll of 0 (but thankfully not a botch (6)) = 0.

She can't lift the candelabra off the ledge. When she grabs for it, it turns on its hinge to lay on its side, with the spring extended.

A panel of stone wall slides down, revealing a secret chamber, dank and unlit. A few items are strewn about haphazardly-- among them, an unstrung longbow (Bernhard recognizes it as Ivarr's talisman).

Also in the room are a wooden statue, a torn cloak which once might have been purple, and a regal crown cleft in two.

Nein, deine...

...Bogen. Fraulein, der Bogen!

[color=red]"Eureka!" Vibria exclaims. She looks around carefully before entering the room. She carefully picks up the bow and hands it to Bernhard, then examines the cloak, the cleft crown, and the statue. Does she recognize any of them? (Especially the statue- can she tell who or what it is?)

((Either a straight Int roll (Int 1 + die roll of 4 = 5), Magic Lore (Int 1 + Magic Lore 4 + die roll of 2 = 7), or Order of Hermes Lore (Int 1 + OoH Lore 1 + die roll of 9 = 11, 12 if she gets to include her Specialization of History). ))

Barring anything unusual about the three items,she will take the cloak and use it as a sack, placing everything of value in it before headed back out into the main room.

Nooooope! Baaaaack up.

As soon as Vibria touches the bow, every stitch she's wearing disintegrates, and she's standing in the hidden chamber, naked as the day she was born; her limbs are frozen and she cannot move, not even to blink. Even her stump stops bleeding while she's rooted here by Caduceus' magic...

Before Vibria a man appears: short and slender, with dark hair and ice blue eyes.

"Hello, Anselm!" the man exclaims at Vibria. "I see you've found my little closet for worthless trash. It's nice to have a place to stow one's rubbish until the help can clear it away, yes? Good help IS, after all, SO hard to find these days. But then, you already knew that, didn't you?" The man smiles. "A lovely woman, that Gemma... when she told you she was going to come work for me, you turned her out on her ear without a single penny to her name. A better man would have at least booked passage to her new home for her. Did you know she had to swim all the way across the North Sea to find me? By the time she arrived, she was so pregnant, she was fit to burst. What a woman. Mmmm-mmmm, what a woman indeed."

The man paces a circle around Vibria, apparently inspecting her. "Now that you've sacrificed your own talisman for it," Caduceus gestures down at Vibria's naked body, "I suppose it is only fair that you keep your parens'. You'll be doing me a favor, really-- it turned out to be far more trouble than it was worth." The man points over at the wooden statue-- a carving of a naked woman, lying in repose. "DO take out the trash with you, while you go." He looks up and squints, shielding his eyes with one hand as though he's looking into the sun (but of course, you're indoors). "And with that, I believe..." he looks back down and stares Vibria straight in the eyes, "I believe our business here is nearly concluded. The alarm will notify me of your presence once this illusion expires, and if you're still here when I Leap Home, you're a dead man. Get out of my sanctum."

The man vanishes, and Vibria finds that she can move once more.