modern person in ars magica?

your forgetting the comic book character the flash!

This proves my point, Abe doesn't seem to care about the system or the people on this board.

Now the only question is which realm he is associated with so we can use the relevant PeVi. Then this bridge can be passed safely...

He has no sense of story, so he is clearly not faerie.
He has no sense of wonder or grandeur, so he is clearly not magic
Divine is right out
which leaves infernal, apparently some form of mild annoying imp of the "troll" genus. Interesting to note in that it is the only infernal creature of might 0, apparently being completely impotent.

Just ignore and move on.

What would happen if the magi found some comic books(nonfiction or fiction) or if they found a ars magica rule book?

1 Like

Presumably nothing.

If the modern person brought cerial (think Cinnamon Toast Crunch as a example of what Iā€™m talking about) from our world & a mage analyzed it, could s/he duplicate it, or improve upon the basic formula of said substance?

Probably yes to all three. Whether or not the magus would care to duplicate it or improve on it would be entirely dependent on whether or not they liked their sample of the original, IMO. A magus who hated Cinnamon Toast Crunch at first taste would not bother wasting any more time on it. Too many more important things to do in the lab.

1 Like

It would take little effort at all, and in my opinion, no analysis. Creo always makes the perfect form. Once a mage knows Cinnamon Toast Crunch exist, the breakfast of champions spell will make the the perfect cinnamon toast crunch every time.

A SG may ask for a finesse check to balance the perfect amount of cinnamon, and get the crunch just right, however, the ingredients will be perfect.

1 Like

How would clergy from our world react to the clergy from ars magica? Would they have ANYTHING in common with each other?

I will say off the bat, I'm an atheist. I'm aiming for a respectful, well thought out post. If I cross the line anywhere, happy for someone to call me on it.

In medieval (not Mythic) Europe where belief in God was a given to most people, we still had incredibly selfish money hungry hedonistic priests, and also, some of the best of humanity as priests. We have that now. Those millionare mega church owners, the TV pastors, horrible. Yet there are amazing religious people who spend every spare moment helping their fellow man.

Depending on the clergy, they could have lots in common. A megachurch owner would have a lot in common with someone who sold indulgences. Some people living in monasteries live a very ascetic life which is not too dissimilar to the medieval era.