Mythic Blood: Underpowered?

In terms of relative power, what if the personality flaw intrinsic to having Mythic blood were instead to become an essential virtue which bears a personality description. So a hypothetical descendant of the incredible hulk would have a +3 str (angry) essential virtue for example.
Or would that be too much?

Yet is something that can already be done in some ways. You can do it for spontaneous magic with Diedne Magic + focus, or in general by getting Chtonic Magic + focus, all for 4-6 virtue points depending of the focus version.

As for the Tremere, no one in our group is interested in anything of them at all, so it is all on me, and I enjoy the idea of them being somehow limited, being as a group of very organised minions relying on cooperation, strategics and machinations to overcome that lack of focus. Yet having some of them with Mythic Blood seems appealing.

Yup.

In my vision, Tremere are weaker, but more than make up by mutual support and specialization, but also by relying on a score of mundane helpers and servants, including minor hedge wizards.

Likewise, being weaker and knowing it, they don't dismiss easily natural magics, especially as it can be done by servants. Being able to drink a Tonic of Gold right after casting a spontaneous spell can be quite a boon.

I agree with both of these, and for NPC them being a swarm of little bullies hiding behind the robes of their elders works just fine. But for the player, we decided to make an exception.

I hope you reconsider. Mythic Blood is far and away the worst major hermetic and essentially unpickable.

2 Likes

Blockquote If the power could be a non-Hermetic effect, that could be valuable, but it can't be.

It says it should be designed as a hermetic effect, it does't say it is limited by hermetic limits nor does it say that it needs to be hermetic in nature. It just says use normal mechanics to design/balance the power.

W

That would be designing a non-Hermetic effect, right? Lots of stuff in the game is built using normal mechanics but is not designed as Hermetic effects.