New Adventures for Nyambe!

Hello,

We at Too Many Goats are very excited about our recent agreement with Atlas-Games to produce adventures for Nyambe: African Adventures. John and Michelle have been a pleasure to work with and we can't wait to bring some much needed adventures to Nyambe.

I thought I'd open this thread to field any questions fans or those just passing through might have about these products and what is in store.

We will be producing these supplements in PDF format. The first one should be available this fall.

www.toomanygoats.com

Jim,
I just wanted to say best wishes for your new enterprise, and I'm sure that Nyambe fans are rejoicing.

Thank you! I hope this helps breathe some life into some Nyambe campaigns or help show players and DMs some ways of using the setting.

BTW, we enjoyed working on Franklyn's Almanack Issue 1. Northern Crown is a very fun setting. And for those of you who like the setting make sure you check out Issue #2. It has an article by Brian Gute, one of the members of Too Many Goats!

I'd just like to say that "Too Many Goats" is the best publisher name ever.

Nice.

I just want to say welcome to the neighborhood and I look forward to bunchas of Nyambi stuff..

And I concur..Too Many Goats is an awsome name...

Just be careful for stray chupacabras...:slight_smile:

Thanks Jeff and Thayan. Glad you like the name. I like the friendly encouragement on this forum. :slight_smile:

Can you give us any hints as to what to expect? Or is it too early for that?

Each of the adventures are created to showcase an area or theme of Nyambe-Tanda. We want good stories that are fully steeped in the setting. I hear lots of DMs and players state that they love the Nyambe: African Adventures book. But then I hear they don't know what to do with it. It doesn't fit the traditional fantasy campaign.

We are going to try our best to show you what you can do with the setting. We are creating plots that use the unique peoples and places of Nyambe rather than just creating generic jungle treks to lost cities etc. We are staying true to the setting rather than going the pulp fiction route.

We haven't signed off on final ad copy but I can tell you that the first adventure, due out this fall will take characters from 1st to 3rd level, and at least half of it takes place in the Great Mangrove Marsh. The Unthlatu are a mysterious race, barely touched on in the setting book. Not much is known about the region or it's people. We are going to shed some (not all) light on the subject. It contains several new monsters, magic items, spells and more. Best of all, I think it has a terrific story that DMs can tailor to their individual gaming needs. When you are finished you can't help but want to do more with the region.

Sounds great! Thanks for the teaser. :smiley:

This is terrific. I was beginning to lose hope that someone would ever try to make some new .pdfs for Nyambe, which is one of the best d20 settings out there. Good luck, and I'll be one of your first customers.

Michael D.

Thanks Flashman.

I wanted to also mention that we will be packing these adventures with more than just material for the adventure. We are going to tackle regions that might be tough for DMs to get a handle on. We'll try and show examples of Nyambe rules in action to try and clear up some things that might be fuzzy in the rules. We're putting in lots of DM helpful suggestions. We'll show where the rules for 3.5 and 3.0 differ. And we're keeping an eye open for places where we can update existing material.

For example, in the first adventure we are using an existing Nyambe monster template. We updated the template to 3.5 format/rules AND then provided a brand new example monster with several more options to boot! Best of all, that is just the material for the appendix. You still get a fully fleshed out NPC using the template within the adventure itself.

This is just the tip of the iceberg. Each adventure is going to be loaded with very useful gaming items that go beyond the immediate adventure and hopefully spawn their own adventures, be it rules, monsters, spells, story arcs, monster updates etc.

More details coming...

Is there a more precise ETA available yet? I wanna give you money.

We should have an annoucement closer to the end of November. Thank you for your interest. Don't give up yet. :slight_smile:

So I've seen the module descriptions, and I'm excited! Thanks for the information! Is there an announcement about release dates yet?