New Atlantis Covenant

Will do.

Any other things we're short on?

Well, you can't go wrong getting vis sources. (We currently take in 46 vis a year but only 2 of it is Vim.)

The library is pretty paltry too. We have lots of tractatus, but few summae.

Speaking of which, no one else besides me and IBT has voiced an opinion on the excellent book in the library. If I don't get input I'll just pick one based on those I have heard from.

Quick question - how many BPs are we spending in Cov setup generally? I thought it was 300 each but have seen more for some Magi.

I'll add books and a few vis sources with mine.

I'm assuming too that we get to spend the BPs from our own advancement in a way suited to the Magus rather than the other points (not that I have a plan at present).

300 is correct, however some folks spent time during their advancement cycles doing the 'resources' adventure which awards extra BPs.

As for our book, I'd love anything but Rego, Intellego, Mentem or Vim.

My preferences would be He, An, Te, Cr, and Re

RIght now the winners for the book are Cr, An, and He.

Of these three I'd prefer Cr.

Any thoughts from the rest of you now that it's narrowed down to three?

Creo.

personally I would prefer Cr the least, as Meliai has CR at 24, and only has animal at 13 and herbem at 15...

Okay, so there's some tension. What do IBT and QPaC think?

If the book is He then I'll never use it, due to a flaw. So He is out for me.
Of Cr or An, I strongly prefer Cr but that places Silveroak in my Shoes. An is also very unlikely to get used too.
Why not Pe, Aq, or other Arts? We seem to have limited the book to a narrow list very quickly.

It was just that everyone said anything but x, y, and z. silveroak was the only one who suggested actual Arts, so I went with that.

But perhaps you're right, we should all list what we'd never use and start from there.

Magnus would never use Re and Te, and would only minimally use Vi.

Andor would minimally use In, Re, Me, and Vi.

Artemis would not use Cr.

Constantine would not use Me or He, and would minimally use Re.

Meliai would not use Cr and would minimally use Vi.

So, dropping out what people would not use or minimally use, we get:

Mu, Pe, An, Aq, Au, Co, Ig, and Im

Of those, I'd prefer Mu, Pe, or Co.

What do other people think?

Au, Aq or Co.

Mu, Pe, Au, Aq, Im, Co all fine,

Co is the only common one among us three.

Let's give silveroak and QPaC a chance to voice their opinions.

Meliai would prefer animal

So, we have the following preferences:

Mu: 2
Pe: 2
An: 1
Aq: 2
Au: 2
Co: 3
Im: 1

So unless QPaC picks Mu, Pe, Aq, or Au, we have a winner with Co.

Artemis would vote for Rego. She'd be okay with Creo too even though she won't use it. She's still biased to Creo magic. She'll actively oppose Pe.

So this resolves the major quality book to be Corpus?

Well technically my vote doesn't count anymore, since Atolycus couldn't care less. So that might change things.

I'm going to stick with Corpus since it's already entered into the library. There's only so much I can retcon.