New Basic Core Rule Book with Errata's

Hi all,

How much would it cost to have a new print of the Arm5 core rule book do we think?

Is it within the range of a Kickstarter/Indiegogo/GoFundMe?

W

5 Likes

No comment. :grin:

9 Likes

Ah no, please, do comment :innocent:

2 Likes

We will hug you, and love you, and call you George, if you don't comment :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I do appreciate all the errata efforts but OMG it is a pain to use the core book only to refer back and forth with the erratas.

I own a couple core book physical copies. I've never written in any of my Ars books but I'm getting dangerously close to doing it ...

I choose to believe that David's no comments just means that something is already in the works and we do not have to worry for much longer :slight_smile: :laughing:

W

1 Like

Just do!

Those books most valuable to me have lots of remarks on their margins! One I have had rebound recently after over 40 years of use, thus making sure that all my remarks on pages and maps are preserved. A new volume of the same text just wouldn't do for me now.

2 Likes

What I really want is new content. Like say, a translation of the new Iberian Tribunal book. ^^

4 Likes

Yes, please.

I'd even pay a lot extra for a properly sewn leather bound tome of Ars Magica 5th, just like all those neat World of Darkness 20th edition books that are the pride of my bookshelf. Or call it 6th edition, and I'd kickstart all my money to get both a regular colored hardcoved and a bound leather tome edition.

4 Likes

FWIW, I would really like versions of the books (pdf for me) with the errata integrated.

2 Likes

And if it could be better organised, with the spell guidelines from the other books , some precision on special magic (like Craft Magic) and a bit easier to read, i wouldn't mind :innocent:

4 Likes

And the entire PDF idea is a bit too medieval IMHO. A fully hyperlinked version of all the source books in one system is what we would need.

But I suppose that might push the limits of Atlas' conception of a publishing house.

2 Likes

I also would definitely be interested in errata'd PDFs or book printings. I am a bit of a bibliophile.

And for some reason, the spine of my Core book has split right at the Creo Ignem pages.

1 Like

It's a sign.

that he's been playing too many Flambeaus?

1 Like

That he has to practice because they come after him?

I'm slightly dissapointed because the book didn't split by PeHe, it would have had been so much more thematic.

Also no matter how flambeaus are there. CrIg doesn't tend to be the kind of complex spells you have to check from time to time in case you missed a detail.

2 Likes

If they did reprint it, I'd like to see the removal of the orange-pink sepia tones and the weird, lumpy-headed, orange-predominant, cartoon figure art. They seem to have abandoned both of those after the core book, which I suspect may mean that others felt the same way as I do about them.

5 Likes