New Character

For the Andresina campaign, the player is going be starting 21yr past Gauntlet to be roughly on par with the rest of the players. They'll begin their apprenticeship at age 10 & follow the typical 30xp/year after the Gauntlet (not counting Correspondence XP). Their current backstory includes a deep interest in the nature of Warp, and is looking to have Andresina be where they will settle down after the typical Rhine journeyman circuit.

House Criamon
Age 46 (21 past Gauntlet)
Personality Traits Optimistic +4, Curious +2, Mischievous +3
Characteristics Int +4, Per +3, Str -4, Sta +3, Comm +0, Pre +0, Dex -3, Qui +0
Abilities Athletics 2, Artes Liberales 3, Awareness 2, Charm 4, Concentration 4, Dead Language (Latin, Hermetic) 4, Enigmatic Wisdom 4, Etiquette 4, Finesse (crafting) 5, Folk Ken 2, Guile 3, Intrigue 2, Magic Theory 8, Native Language (German) 5, Order of Hermes Lore 3, Parma Magica 4, Penetration 2, Philosophae 3, Stealth 1, Survival 2
Virtues/Flaws Hermetic Magus; Gentle Gift, Skilled Parens, Privileged Upbringing, Great Intellect, Affinity (Magic Theory), Inventive Genius, Minor Focus (Warp), Cautious Sorcerer; Twilight Prone, Optimistic (Major), Poor Memory (people), Low Strength, Magical Animal Companion, Weird Magic
Arts Cr 15, In 10, Mu 5, Pe 5, Re 10; An 5, Au 5, Aq 5, Co 5, He 5, Ig 5, Im 5, Me 5, Te 5, Vi 15
Spells Enigma's Gift (CrVi 30), Unseen Porter (ReTe 10), Piercing the Magic Veil (InVi 20), Bind Wound (CrCo 10), Purification of the Festering Wounds (CrCo 20), Opening the Intangible Tunnel (ReVi 25), Maintain the Demanding Spell Ring (ReVi 25), Image Phantom (MuIm 20), Horse of a Different Colour (MuIm 5; Base 1, +2 Voice, +1 Diam, +1 Size)

Lynn
A kirin (technically qilin) refugee from the Mongols, it joined the family shortly before the birth of the player, becoming a significant friend of the family as a private tutor for all six of the children. Lynn approached the magus that would become the character's parens to ensure a healthy atmosphere for what she felt to be a great potential scholar. Shortly after the character's Gauntlet, it revealed its true nature and eventually became a familiar.
Might 10
Characteristics Int +0, Per +1, Pre +0, Com +1, Str +4, Sta +2, Dex +1, Qik -1
Size +2
Season Autumn
Confidence Score 1 (3)
Virtues/Flaws Magic Animal; Educated, Good Teacher; Baneful Circumstance (touching the ground), Noncombatant
Qualities/Inferiorities Greater Power (Awe of the Qilin); Gift of Speech, Improved Defense, Improved Might x2, Improved Soak x2, Personal Power x3 (Human Shape, Flight of the Hummingbird, Sprint of the Zephyr), Second Sight; Monstrous Appearance
Personality Traits Loyal +2, Mean-Spirited -2, Direct -1
Reputations Good Tutor 3
Combat
Dodge Init -1, Defense +3
Soak +6
Fatigue Levels OK, 0, -1, -3, -5, Unconscious
Wound Penalties -1 (1-7), -3 (8-14), -5 (15-21), Incapacitated (22-28), Dead (29+)
Abilities Arabic 3, Artes Liberales 4, Athletics 4, Awareness (sight) 4, Bargain 3 (academia), Brawl 3 (dodge), Charm 2 (flattery), Chinese 5 (Mongolian), French 3, German 3, Guile 3 (disguise), Latin 5 (academic), Penetration 2 (Dominate), Philosophae 4, Medicine 4, Second Sight 4 (disguises), Teaching 6 (one-on-one)
PowersAwe of the Qilin, 1 point, Init -3, Mentem
R: Voice, D: Diam, T: Group
This spell is similar to Aura of Rightful Authority
ReMe 30 (Base 5, +2 Voice, +1 Diam, +2 Group): Greater Power (30 levels, -2 Might cost, 10xp Pen)

They still need to decide on 5 levels of spells. Does anyone have any advice for this player? How powerful of a longevity ritual should I give them, and is there advice for when they should've gotten it?

I'm not sure if you allow multiple Story Flaws (Close Family TIes and Magical Animal Companion), but technically, the rules say you can only have one.

Typically a LR is obtained around age 35, when Aging rolls start. As a guideline, I'd look to the strength of what other magi in the saga have and peg it close to that.

Or you can look at what a redcap gets for free, and give them the same kind of LR, or maybe slightly better. I don't have my books on hand, but the Virtue "Redcap" in the Virtues and Flaws chapter of the main rulebook details what kind of LR a redcap gets for free.

There have been some updates from the player on their character, including handling the two Story Flaws. I'll go ahead and give the character an LR of 50 for free, and a Familiar Bond of strength 42.