New Metacreator Release

Metacreator, the universal RPG character generator by Alter Ego Software, supports new sourcebooks for Unisystem (by Eden Studios) and Ars Magica (by Atlas Games) in the v.3.8.6 release. The Unisystem template now includes data for Terra Primate and enhancements to character sheets. This template also supports character creation data including Attributes, Qualities, Drawbacks, Skills and Metaphysics powers for All Flesh Must Be Eaten and CJ Carella's Witchcraft and Armageddon. The update is free to current owners of this software.

For Ars Magica 5th Edition, we now offer the True Lineages/Guardians of the Forests supplement which contains all Virtues, Flaws, spells, NPCs, creatures and laboratory activities from the first two Fifth-Edition Ars Magica supplements. This supplement to the Ars Magica template sells for $4.95.

Free updates to v.3.8.6 are also available for the rest of the Metacreator templates: Ars Magica 5th Ed, 3.5 and 3rd Ed. System Reference Document, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Fudge and CORPS. Metacreator is available at www.alteregosoftware.com, RPGNow and e23.

MAKE ONE FOR MAC YOU BASTARDS!

Uh, maybe it is just me but I frankly think a message like that is not so terribly likely to generate a positive response.

Might I ask the administrator to remove it and this one please?

Thanks.

I'm sure the response was meant in a light-hearted familiar way... I'll reply on that basis.

I run MC under Linux. Why? Because I can. How? Through WINE.

There is a WINE port for MAC OS X (darwine.opendarwin.org//).

There. Now you can run it.

See , not everyone is a MacBastard. :slight_smile:

It was meant in a light hearted way. I know nothing about alteregosoftware's familial status, and would not wish to cast any serious aspersions upon it.

However, the fact remains that they have not released a Macintosh version of their software, and therefore I cry myself to sleep every night. At least until I investigate marklawford's web site. Thanks, by the way.

Hey, for those of you who do have it, I have a question. (And yes, I could ask on their board but I thought I'd see if there was an answer here before I sign up for yet another Bboard.)

When I age a character with a longevity potion, it doesn't seem to automatically add a warping point. And my magi are being pinged for warping affects, even though (I thought) magi don't gett flaws or virtues from warping.

Has anyone else had this happen? Am I doing something wrong?

that should be reported to the MetaCreator people

Hermetic Magi get Twilight effects instead of normal effects.
You only get a Twilight roll of you get 2 or more points from a single source in a single event - any source which gives 1 point at a time does not trigger Twilight rolls.