New player looking for PbP game.

Hello there! Just a new player interested in the system and troupe style gameplay looking for a way to learn it and to hopefully have a decent time doing so.

I do have the Ars Magica 5th edition rulebook but on its own its not that fun especially when your normal irl group is stuck in dnd 5e and not really brave enough to try something more complex.

I have played on my own online in a couple of systems like pathfinder, lancer, PBTA, rifts and a few others but Ars Magica feels like a system I would propably enjoy even for a longer period of time compared to the little time I have played in those other systems I just mentioned.

Propably the biggest thing im unsure about in this system is character creation but im sure with a few pointers I could get it. Im just more of a practical learner so making a character for a game would be perfect for me.

Thats all and I hope I can find a game soon. Thanks for atleast reading this far :smiley:

2 Likes

D&D 5e is great, but it's always fun to explore new systems and expand our gaming horizons.I've also dabbled in various online systems like Pathfinder, Lancer, PBTA, and Rifts, and each one brings its own unique flavor to the table. But there's something about Ars Magica that seems to resonate with you, right? It's always exciting to find a system that you can see yourself enjoying for a long time. Character creation can sometimes be a bit daunting, especially in a new system, but trust me, with a little guidance and practice, you'll get the hang of it. Practical learning is often the best way to dive into a new system, so making a character for a game would be a perfect way to get hands-on experience. But if you're looking for some cool gaming opportunities, you should check out the list of games to win real money. It's an exciting way to enhance your gaming experience and maybe even earn some extra cash while you're at it.

Welcome aboard MaryMalone!
I am afraid that mushythemage's message is more than one year old, so you won't have an answer.

However, if you need any help for Ars Magica, no worries, there is plenty of people here, as long as you don't mind some... err... argumentative exchanges :wink: