Inventive Genius (min)
Improved Characteristics (min)
Inoffensive to Animals (min)
Hermetic Magus (free)
Heartbeast (free)

Flaws:
Study Requirement (maj)
Enemies: Certain Wilderists (maj)
Driven: Assemble the Greatest Menagerie (maj)
Magical Animal Companion (min)

Ability Advancement:

Early Life (0-5)

Rus (Religious Terms) 5
Crimean Lore (Geography)2
Athletics (Endurance) 1
Awareness (Alertness) 1
Brawl (Dodge) 1
Charm (Wit) 1
Folk Ken (Clergy) 1
Guile (Elaborate Lies) 1
Survival (Forests) 1

Later Life (6-10) (100 exp)
Animal Handling (Horses) 3 (30)
Ride (Speed) 2 (15)
Bargain (Beasts) 2 (15)
Leadership (Inspiration) 1 (5)
Intrigue (Plots) 1 (5)
Concentration (On Horseback) 2 (15)
Etiquette (the Church) 2 (15)

Apprenticeship (11-25) (300 exp)

Abilities: (150 exp)
Artes Liberales (Ceremonial Magic) 1 (5)
Code of Hermes (Political Intrigue) 1 (5)
House Bjornaer Lore (Ancestors) 1 (5)
Latin (Hermetic) 4 (50)
Magic Theory (Animal) 3 (30)
Magic Lore (Beasts) 3 (30)
Order of Hermes Lore (Politics) 1 (5)
Parma Magica (Ignem) 1 (5)
Profession: Scribe (Speed) 1 (5)
Philosophae (Ceremonial Magic) 1 (5)

Arts: (150 exp) 12
Cr 5 (15)
In 8 (36)
Mu 5 (15)
Re 8 (36)

An 8 + 3 (24*1.5=36)
He 3 (6)
Me 3 (6)

Starting Spells: (150 Levels)

Soothe Pains of the Beast CrAn 20
True Rest of the Injured Brude CrAn 20
Opening the Tome of the Animal's Mind InAn 25
Tongue of the Bjornaer Magus MuAn 15
Form of the Choleric Heartbeast MuAn 20
Mastering the Unruly Brute ReAn 25

Trap of the Entwining Vines CrHe 15

Call to Slumber ReMe 10

Years of Growth

First Cycle (26-32) 7 Years, 28 Seasons

21 Seasons Advancement (210 exp + 30 exp Study Bonus = 240 exp)
1 Wasted Season
1 Season of House Mystery Initiation: Oath of the Empty Hand (Gains Affinity: Mentem and Vow: Never Lift a Weapon)
5 seasons Vis Wage (15 pawns)
Vis Salary 21 +15 = 36 Pawns

Advancement:
House Bjornaer Lore: 1 -> 3 (25)
In 8 -> 10 (19)
Pe 5 (15)
Re 8 -> 10 (19)
An 8 -> 11 (201.5= 30)
Co 2 (3)
He 3 -> 5 (9)
Im 2 (3)
Me 3 -> 5 (6
1.5=9)
Vi 1 (1)

Parma Magica 1 -> 3 (25)
Finesse 2 (15)
Penetration 2 (15)

Learn Commanding the Harnessed Beast ReAn 30
Learn Shriek of the Impending Shafts InHe 15
Learn Scent of Peaceful Slumber ReMe 20

Years of Growth

Second Cycle (33-40) 7 Years, 28 Seasons

1 Wasted Season
1 Season of House Mystery Initiation: The Trial of the Tree (Gains Piercing Gaze and Palsied Hands)
1 Season of work for a Longevity Ritual
4 seasons in the lab:
Study Lab Texts for:
Veil of Invisibility PeIm 20
Eyes of the Eagle InIm 25
Ward Against Heat and Flames ReIg 25
Eyes of the Bat InAu 25

Vis Salary 21 = 57 Pawns Banked

Advancement:
House Bjornaer Lore: 3 -> 5 (45)
Parma Magica 3 -> 4 (20)
Magic Lore 3 -> 4 (20)
Bargain 2 -> 3 (15)
Order of Hermes Lore 1 -> 3 (25)

An 11 -> 13 (17*1.5=25)
Aq 5 (15)
Au 5 (15)
Co 2 -> 5 (12)
Ig 5 (15)
Im 2 -> 5 (12)
Te 5 (15)
Vi 1 -> 5 (14)

It seems you are inventing or freeforming your own line of Clan Mysteries. That is cool with me, no worries. As long as other players okay it. My only contention is the sequencing. It should go "Trial/Deed/Oath".
What have you chosen as your Heartbeast? Who are your anscestors? I see you are of Priapet Maior. What is your lineage? Your Clan?

I try to never nay-say anything, and I often let many little things slide because they slip my perception or they don't bother me. I will raise a lot of questions however. I question everything, even your good choices. I do try to manage rules wisely and consistently. But for the most part, it is your fellow players that are the lawgivers.
So, what is your heartbeast? Your abilities in animal form?
We can tinker with all of that here. What will eventually happen is that, once you have the character compleated and all tuned up, I will have you repost the character in a new clean thread and then I will make a "saticky" of it (the lightbulb posts that float towards the top). This page will remain for drafting ideas, comment, and discussion. But the final character sheet will be for you only. Foreign or unwanted posts will be deleated or moved to another location.

Also, try to keep an eye on whatever motivates you to migrate to Andorra/the Pyrenees/Catalonia/etceteras. It can be forshadowed in your early life or become urgent just prior to you entering the game with the character. If it interests you, I would like to point out that the Pyrenees is home to several endemic breeds and species of mundane (and magical) beasts. There are also nature spirits, kinda like GotF (Rhine), and an associated Wilderness Lore (Mountains (Pyrenees)). That has faded away. Perhaps it is up to you to revive it :wink:

What sort of magus do you come off as? A well groomed scholar? Mad Hermit? A Forest Ranger? Feral Shaman?
Inquiring minds want to know :slight_smile:
Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist party?
Which is more important, the Right to Vote or the Right to Free Speech?
What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

I know that when I make a Bjornaer magus, I normally start with the heartbeast and work back from that. For example, I made a Bear magus in another saga. From that, I got Large, a Terram affinity, and Cyclic Magic (his magic tended to be weaker in winter), and was trying to figure out how to either have him hibernate or sluggish during the winter months as well, using the rules.

I'm assuming that, since you chose Pripet Maior, that you have access to The Dragon and the Bear. Pripet Maior is, basically, described as a very stagnant covenant - no apprentices in 85 years, no new members in 70. Which raises the question, was he just a long-term visitor that considers PM to be his "home", or is PM different the way you envision it? If the former, why was he allowed to stay long enough to consider it his home? That has some decent background material.

Just a couple of bedtime thoughts.

Cool with it. And I love the names.

Let's see...

So, first cycle, he initiates affinity with Mentem and a Vow.
Time: 1 season, +1 for the virtue, -1 for the flaw: It's okay
XP cost: Not OK, he needs to pay 10XP
Cult lore: 1 for the first initiation: It's OK (he’s at 3)

Second cycle, he initiates Piercing Gaze and a Palsied Hands.
Time: 1 season, +1 for the virtue, -1 for the flaw: It's okay
XP cost: Not OK, he needs to pay 10XP
Cult lore: 3 for the second initiation: It's OK (he’s at 5).

Winslow, I’d really advise you to concentrate first on your heartbeast and inner mysteries initiations, if that’s still the road you want to take. Cult lore gets harder and harder to acquire, after all, and time flies. And follow Peregrine’s advice, he’s one great bjornaer lover :smiley: Unless you’re playing a bjornaer who doesn’t concentrate on it, there should be synergy between it and your character. What spells could benefit your heartbeast? Animal spells can affect you while you’re in it. Take advantage of that! For example, it might be better for your character to invent a Recovery spell that relies on Animal rather than Corpus.

Winslow, if you have any questions about Kievan Rus, feel free to poke me. I know quite a lot about the place... quite possibly more than the author of "The Dragon and The Bear". (I'm sure he did his best, and I applaud his efforts, but nonetheless I have some severe issues with that book.)

I'm looking over the sheet, and you've got a lot of skills relating to animal interaction (Ride, Animal Handling, Bargain (Beasts), Concentration (On Horseback), etc) but have neither the Gentle Gift nor Inoffensive to Animals. How do you envision that working?

EDIT: Also, if he grew up in the Crimea, his native language should be Pecheneg or Cuman or Kypchak (all three offshoots of Turkish). Possibly Greek if he grew up in one of the Greek-speaking sea-coast enclaves. Church Lore is also not appropriate unless he did grow up in one of the enclaves: the Pechenegs/Cumans were nomadic pagan tribes. Very appropriate for a Bjornaer...

Hah. I actually have a suggestion. There were a number of Pecheneg/Cuman/Kypchak tribes who, after being defeated in inter-tribe warfare, actually moved into Kievan Rus and settled there under the rule of the Kievan Princes. They were known as nashi poganye -- "our pagans", or chornye klobuki -- "Black Hoods". Tended to serve the ruling prince as mercenaries. Perhaps he was from one of those tribes? Grew up speaking Russian and paying lip service to the Church, but his mindset is still grounded in nature- and ancestor-worship, which would make him a very appropriate Bjornaer apprentice.

First off, thanks for all the feedback, I really appreciate y'all taking the time to look things over. I have realized that there are a couple of mechanical errors regarding exp/seasonal development that I'll be ironing out.

Regarding mysteries. I may have added it later to the first post, but Noah will be from Clan Arelie, and the two house mysteries, Trial of the Tree and Oath of the Empty Hand are drawn from there. I did not realize that the three house mysteries needed to be initiated in order, but I suppose it makes a great deal of sense. I was hoping to open all three and the Inner Mystery of the Chimera during his background, but this would require House Bjornaer Lore at rank 7! Ouch! But potentially valuable nonetheless. Would a specialization count towards this requisite? Ultimately, I suspect I will move away from House Mysteries, and focus on the Inner mysteries.

I've actually been having a good deal of trouble picking the heartbeast, and I'd be welcome to suggestions. One of the reasons I have been considering a Griffon, mixing Lion and Eagle, is because of its general badassness :slight_smile: Ultimately, however, it's not resonating with the concept, which I will attempt to articulate. As a side-note the Rus/Crimean angle came from the idea that Griffons were found there at one time. Pripet Maior was also the nearest Covenant. Ultimately, I will move away from this.

I'm looking to create a civilized Bjornaer, one who's Christian faith has led to his internalization of God's commandment to Adam to gain dominion over animals. He sees himself as a caretaker, breeder, and trader of beasts, both magical and not. In some ways I am thinking of him as similar to Herisson, although focusing on Animals rather than Plants. Just as Herisson saw the cultivation of Vis as a potential solution to conflicts between magi, and between magi and mundanes, Noah will focus on magical beasts. Clearly this places him firmly within the Harmonist camp, and would raise strong concerns among Wilderists. Ultimately, he may consider these conflicts to be not worth his time. It would be unlikely for him to continue to initiate Clan Virtues, but I do want to delve into the Inner Heartbeast. In this way, he would be mastering the animal within, gaining dominion over himself.

Initially I had envisioned him as having Inoffensive to Animals, but I may expand that to the Gentle Gift. I know there are many Hermetic rulings about the sale of enchanted items to mundanes, but are there similar rulings on magical beasts? I could see many nobles interested in magical horses, falcons, and the like ... Even if this is not allowed, he might traffic potential familiars among hermetic magi. In addition to his work on Animal, I may continue to focus on Mentem.

I'm still puzzling over heartbeasts, and am open to suggestions.

Noah's interest in the Pyrenees and the Andoran covenant would be the variety of magical beasts in the area. Also, as it seems to fall outside the normal Tribunal boundaries, he would hope this would allow him to distance himself from Hermetic politics.

A wolf, he will be a wolf.

Ultimately his Inner Heartbeast will be a Wolf of Presence. Noah struggles with his internal bestial nature, seeking to achieve dominion over himself, and reconcile within himself the first of God's commands. His Gift is well suited to manipulating the emotions of others, and he feels within himself the desire to cause fear and terror. He usually is able to keep these impulses at bey.

Noah Bjornaer filius Evanus

Clan Arelie, Harmonist

Home Covenant: Crintera

Int +2 Per 0 Com +2 Pre +1 Str -1 Sta +1 Dex 0 Qik 0

Virtues:
Gentle Gift (maj)
Study Bonus (min)
Subtle Magic (min)
Affinity with Animal (min)
Puissant Animal (min)
Affinity with Mentem (min)
Puissant Mentem (min)
Life Boost (min)
Hermetic Magus (free)
Heartbeast (free)

Flaws:
Study Requirement (maj)
Enemies: Certain Wilderists (maj)
Driven: Assemble the Greatest Menagerie (min)
Pious (min)
Palsied Hands (min)
Magical Animal Companion (min)

As starting Virtues and Flaws, I have taken both Affinity with Mentem and Palsied Hands. From a flavor perspective I would like him to have undergone the Trial of the Tree during his apprenticeship. He will step off the path of Clan mysteries after his gauntlet and seek Inner Mysteries.

Ability Advancement:

Early Life (0-5)

French (Religious Terms) 5
Paris Lore (Geography) 2
Athletics (Endurance) 1
Awareness (Alertness) 1
Brawl (Dodge) 1
Charm (Wit) 1
Folk Ken (Clergy) 1
Guile (Elaborate Lies) 1
Craft: Blacksmithing (Horseshoes) 1

Later Life (6-10) (100 exp)
Animal Handling (Horses) 3 (30)
Ride (Speed) 2 (15)
Bargain (Beasts) 2 (15)
Leadership (Inspiration) 1 (5)
Intrigue (Plots) 1 (5)
Concentration (On Horseback) 2 (15)
Etiquette (the Church) 2 (15)

Apprenticeship (11-25) (300 exp)

Abilities: (150 exp)
Artes Liberales (Ceremonial Magic) 1 (5)
Code of Hermes (Political Intrigue) 1 (5)
House Bjornaer Lore (Ancestors) 1 (5)
Latin (Hermetic) 4 (50)
Magic Theory (Animal) 3 (30)
Magic Lore (Beasts) 3 (30)
Order of Hermes Lore (Politics) 1 (5)
Parma Magica (Ignem) 1 (5)
Profession: Scribe (Speed) 1 (5)
Philosophae (Ceremonial Magic) 1 (5)

Arts: (150 exp) 12
Cr 5 (15)
In 7 (28)
Mu 5 (15)
Perdo 2 (3)
Re 7 (28)

An 8 + 3 (241.5=36)
Im 1 (1)
Me 8 + 3 (24
1.5=36)

Starting Spells: (150 Levels)

True Rest of the Injured Brute CrAn 20
Opening the Tome of the Animal's Mind InAn 25
Tongue of the Bjornaer Magus MuAn 15
Form of the Choleric Heartbeast MuAn 20
Mastering the Unruly Brute ReAn 25

Panic of the Trembling Heart CeMe 15
Call to Slumber ReMe 10
Trust Me ReMe 20

The boy who was to become Noah Bjornaer was born Victor Laflamme on the outskirts of Paris to a family of pious horse breaders. He has retained few memories of his early life. A traveling scholar, visiting lecturer on moral philosophy at the University of Paris, recognized Victor's nascent gift, left the Laflamme family a small sum of money, and adopted the boy as his apprentice.

Evanus Bjornaer, member of Clan Arelie had no specific Covenant of residence, instead he traveled Mythic Europe trading his teaching expertise for lab space. Evanus brought Victor to Crintera several seasons before the Ritual of Twelve years, to give him a taste of Bjornaer politics. Evanus was surprised that Victor's Heartbeast was a vicious wolf, belying his otherwise gentle nature.

While at Crintera, Victor met Jon Arnisson of Bjornaer, Holder of the Seat of the Stag. In Arnisson, Victor found someone struggling with reconciling Christianity with life as a Hermetic Magus. Evanus encouraged the relationship, seeing the value in gaining access to such a powerful member of another Clan. Evanus negotiated the rest of Victor's apprenticeship would be spent at Crintera. Upon his gauntlet, Victor was given the name Noah, reconciling his religious inclinations with his concern for beasts.

Not that you need more opinions (they're like hot dog ingredients, I hear) but it sounds like a dog heartbeast would fit the personality better, with the caretaker aspect. Wolves are aloof and distrustful of those outside their own pack, while dogs are friendly and approachable, dependable and trustworthy. Also, there's myths that dogs can heal with their licks. I think if your heartbeast were like, a mastiff? that'd be AWESOME. (Full disclaimer: I'm totally biased. I love dogs.)

I strongly considered a mastiff as Heartbeast, for just the reasons you describe (along with a love of dogs myself). Ultimately I decided on the wolf to introduce a note of tension into Noah's personality. Otherwise he was becoming just too ... nice :slight_smile: He will be fiercely protective of those he brings in to his pack.

I've never seen anyone play a nice, friendly, non-aloof, approachable Bjornaer before. Now that I'm thinking about it, I want to do it :slight_smile:

Oh he'll still be most of those things ... just at times he turns into a nasty wolf who feeds on fear :smiling_imp:

This is really what I'd suggest. The Inner beast is awesome and very flavorful, and refining it can make your character very different from other magi.

Also, that Cult Lore may be brought in play later. Both as a Lore,to give you information and contacts in House Bjornaer and to lead to stories and perks: You may be asked to serve as someone's mystagogue, meaning you could very well ask for seasons of service or vis from an NPC^^. Also, at this level, you may possibly self-initiate the House Mysteries :wink:

Assuming Presence 1, Cult Lore 7, you need a +10 script bonus to self-initiate a minor virtue that's unknown to you (IIRC. I may be wrong, but I believe target number is 18. Someone correct me if I'm wrong). So, say, you've got the minor flaw (+3), you need a quest for another +3 (yeah, story time!) that happens in a very special place at a special time (+3). Sacrifice some vis for another +1, and you're set!

Ok, I'm FAR from an expert on anything slavic, but... Aren't there plains and horses there? What about a Horse Hearteast? You could later have a Pegasus Chimera.
The Bear, of course, is always appropriate (and Marko would probably love an Owlbear heartbeast).
You also have local dogs and cats. Maybe his Inner Beast is a Cerberus?

I love this.
I remember reading something about a magical menagerie, but I can't recall if it's in SR or in HP... If it rings some bell, this should be of interest to you, though.

Ah Ah Ah, you've found a hole in the code! Awesome! Where will it lead you?

Maybe your heartbeast is a cerberus-like wolf?
Or a giant wolf? Hey, this screams Garm to me (not the norwegian black metal singer, but the mythical wolf he's named after)!!! This could fit nicely with his nasty tendencies. Have you considered Magical Blood (Animal or Spirit, in the case of Garm)?
And this ties with muspellis... 8)

Hum... What about trading Study Bonus for a Minor Focus in Fear?

First Cycle in Progress:

Years of Growth

First Cycle (26-32) 7 Years, 28 Seasons

1 Wasted Season
1 Season of Mystery Initiation: Inner Heartbeast Wolf of Presence
1 Season Quest for the Mystagogue
4 seasons in the lab
Vis Salary 21 - 19 (lab texts) = 2 pawns left

Advancement:
Mystery: 0 (Due to cult lore 5)
Gains Magic Addiction Major Flaw

House Bjornaer Lore: 1 -> 5 (70)

An 8 -> 11 (201.5= 30)
Me 8 -> 11 (20
1.5=30)

Concentration 2 -> 4 (35)
Parma Magica 1 -> 3 (25)
Finesse 2 (15)
Penetration 2 (15)
Magic Theory 3 -> 4 (20)

Learn Commanding the Harnessed Beast ReAn 30 Vis Cost for Labtext: 6
Learn Scent of Peaceful Slumber ReMe 20 Vis Cost for Labtext: 4
Learn Beast of Outlandish Size MuAn 15 Vis Cost for Labtext: 3
Learn Vision of the Infernal Terrors ReMe 30 Cost for Labtext: 6

After his gauntlet, Noah traveled east. He had a desire to learn more of his house. During his Gathering of the Twelve Years, he had met several Magi who resided in the Novgorod Tribunal. Many spoke fondly of the untamed wilderness, untouched by the ravages of the mundanes. Although he did not share their distaste for mundane life, he was curious about the creatures that might roam the land. Sanya Tianowicz, a Bjornaer maga of the Leczyca covenant, shared Noah's interest in magical creatures, and he made this his first destination, where he remained for several years of study. His Gentle Gift was particularly appreciated by the public leader of the Covenant, Stanis Chechenko Jerbitonis. Stanis brought Noah to meet several of the local nobles, and Noah's expertise served crucial in brokering deals to sell several of Leczyca's magical horses to mundanes. After several agreeable years, Noah's wanderlust reemerged, and he traveled by Hermetic Portal to the Three Lakes covenant.

At Three Lakes, Noah spent much time learning of his House at the feet of Zashya Miyovna Bjornaer, the senior representative of the House. The two struck up a strong friendship, and although she was very much his senior, there were rumors of romantic dalliance. From her, Noah learned a balanced approach to the politics of his House, and to be mistrustful of the hard Wilderist line of thinking represented by the Magi of Pripet Maior. In an attempt to learn more, he struck south for the Pripet Marshes, but his request to spend a length of time at the covenant was rebuffed. He was able to briefly meet with Miya Cossuri, although completely unaware that she was the mother of Zashya. The two discussed her magical menagerie at length, and maintained a lengthy correspondence on the subject.

As his knowledge and understanding of the deeper mysteries of his House improved, Noah became fascinated by the notion of the ancestor spirits. As the revelation came to him that Bjornaer Magi could become Great Beasts upon entering Final Twilight, theological questions came to him ... what would be the fate of the Soul in such a transaction? Would it transmigrate to Heaven while his bestial nature remained bound to the earth? He found these questions most distressing, and felt, for the first time True Fear. He took to the wilderness, needing isolation to meditate.

He felt himself being stalked by some great beast. The Great Wolf, Guardian of Heaven, spoke with him, challenged him to bring out his True Nature and Master it. It was God's Commandment to Adam, and Noah would need to achieve dominion over his own bestial nature. Before he could master it, however, he would need to experience Fear in its purest form. Noah arrived at the Covenant of the Thousand Caves. Here he studied for a season, learning the spell Vision of the Infernal Terrors. Retreating to the wilderness, fasting and starving, he cast the spell upon himself. He was again visited by his ancestral guide. Noah was successful, he mastered the fear, but in its place grew an addiction to the Hermetic Magic that also grew within him. He returned to the Thousand Caves to continue his studies.

Thanks for the thoughts. I really like the Garm angle. I think he could fit with the Wolf of Presence. I may initiate a couple of growths in size to reflect this. Up until now, Noah has been able to sublimate his nastier impulses. For similar reasons I'm going to steer clear of the minor focus you suggest. I do suspect that Noah will develop some interesting Twilight scars though :smiling_imp:

There is a chapter on a magical menagerie in Hermetic Projects. I'm using it for some inspiration.

The idea of an Owlbear heartbeast had actually crossed my mind, but the idea was too awesome to live :slight_smile:

Years of Growth

Second Cycle (33-39) 7 Years, 28 Seasons

1 Wasted Season
1 Season of Mystery Initiation: Refinement: Quality: Tireless
5 seasons in the lab
Vis Salary 21 +2 (leftover) - ? (lab texts) = ? pawns left

Advancement:

Cr 5 -> 10 (40)
In 7 -> 10 (27)
Mu 5 -> 10 (40)
Pe 2 -> 6 (18)
Re 7 -> 10 (27)

An 11 -> 15 (361.5=54)
Im 1 -> 5 (14)
Me 11 -> 15 (36
1.5=54)

Purchase Longevity Ritual

Years of Growth

Third Cycle (40-46) 7 Years, 28 Seasons

1 Wasted Season
1 Season of Mystery Initiation: Refinement: +1 Presence
5 seasons in the lab
Vis Salary 21 +? (leftover) - ? (lab texts) = ? pawns left

Advancement:

Pe 6-> 10 (34)
Aq 5 (15)
Au 5 (15)
Co 5 (15)
He 5 (15)
Ig 5 (15)
Te 5 (15)
Vi 6 (21)

Magic Theory 4 -> 6 (55)
Teaching 3 (30)
Order of Hermes Lore 1 -> 2 (10)

I have trouble following you.

As I understand it, you've got here 2 seasons spent in mystery initiation, without any associated flaw.

Your Bjornaer Lore protects you from up to 25 XP cost, so you're fine on that front, but, unless I missed something, you forgot that time spent is increased if you don't take a flaw.

So that should be:

• Tireless, without associated flaw: 2 seasons
  • Increased Presence, without associated flaw: 2 seasons.

For what it's worth, also, don't forget skills, if only because they can be a pain in the ass to raise later.
Some will be useful with your heartbeast (brawl and athletics spring to mind).
Artes Liberales and Philosophiae are a great help with Ceremonial Magic, and can easily mean an extra magnitude of spontaneous magic, although you may not care, given your LLSM.
Likewise, if going for a Wolf of Presence (meaning you're interested in social interection to me) and given what you described about your character, you should maybe invest a little in social skills (Leadership is good for intimidation^^). More importantly, Animal Handling helps you tame magical creatures, which can be quite vital for your character. Likewise, Area Lore will help you know where to find what creatures.
And then, there's background flavor: I know that Guillaume was quite a model for me on this. For what it's worth, I found that writing background first helps conceive of what skills one may have acquired.