Northern Crown webzine??

anyone interested in doing the layout?

Doug could you do some Q&A for it? We need a host. I think I can find some artists. :slight_smile:

Mike

is anyone still interested in doing this?

i've been practicing with Acrobat, Photoshop, and MS Word, I've managed to come up with a couple relatively professional-looking layouts, so if people can supply images and so on, I could probably take that on. No guarantees about how timely I could be, but I'm willing to offer what ability I have.

casts thread Necromancy

Maybe we can do a Netbook instead of a webzine. I did a write up of St Augustine with some NPCs and I have some other short stuff. I can expand on it.

I had a friend make a graphic for the webzine that we could use for the Netbook.

Mike

If this is still ongoing, I'll throw in my chit to do monster stat blocks and write-ups.

I'm known as "DnDChick" on some other forums, and have had my work published by Mongoose, Necromancer Games, and Green Ronin. Since it's been mentioned, I've even written a few Hall of Fire articles under the name Camdin. :smiley:

I'm still interested, definitely! I've been doing a lot of research lately on the NJ/DE/NY/CT area, AKA Nieu Nederlands and New Sweden, and the Lenape culture, so I'm especially up for anything focusing on that area (living within the boundaries of what was once "Colen Donck" means I have easy access to tons and tons of books on the Dutch colonial period). I've found material to write up descriptions and figure out the basic role and special abilities of a handful of new monsters unique to that area-
Amankamek - a kind of immense aquatic horned serpent that may be either helpful or wicked, able to take on a human likeness
Chenoo - a tremendous hairy monster with a heart made of ice, that can be turned into a human if its heart is melted
Genonsgwa - man-eating giants with flint skin (maybe just advanced sanauk?) with a reputation for stupidity, and magical saliva that can make weapons extremely powerful
Konearaunene- gigantic, disembodied flying heads with two terrible clawed feet
Mosquito, Monstrous- Bloodthirsty vermin as tall as the average pine tree, which spawn swarms of ordinary mosquitos when killed
Ratiweras (Thunderer) - Powerful weather spirits with human-like forms, which oppose aquatic serpents
White Stag - A luminous white deer the size of a horse has appeared to travelers in the Pine Barrens as a warning against danger
Yakwawi - Lenape name for the American mastodon, which appears in some legends as a destructive creature with a thick hide that resists arrows

I'm also inclined to write up a Lenape culture to go along with the Swedish culture i did, and there's a few NPCs I could do- Adriaen van der Donck, Johan Printz, Rene Descartes (as a powerful Francais Natural Philosopher in the service of Princess Cristina)... I'm sure that I could dig up more.

Wow, it's been a long time since I've been back here. Still interested in anything new for NC. I'm from Michigan so my interest is in the Great Lakes region. I would love to see a First Ones/Voyageur campaign arc set in that area, culminating in a showdown at Fort Michilimackinac. Maybe even an evil witch on the island off the coast (Mackinaw Island). Every time I head up north to our cabin each summer, I take my NC books with me. There's nothing like spending a lazy Saturday afternoon on the deck overlooking Big Bear Lake plotting out new adventures on some graph paper and a laptop.

I might be game for fleshing out the remaining members of the Council of Three Fires as NC cultures. One of my gaming group members is a member of the Potawatomi nation, and has expressed some interest in that... and I think there's enough information available on the Ottawa to make them both distinct from the Ojibwe.

So far as I've seen, Doug's been incommunicado since his last posting on the forum, and last I'd heard, Real Life was getting too busy for him to work on this stuff. Does anybody know what he's up to? In any case, I don't know that we need permission for fanworks, so long as you follow the usual rules of such- no claiming the setting or content original to the setting as your own, no trying to make a profit off of it, et ceterah.