Off topic

Yannis knows of the Order and the Code. He was never Initiated in it becase the Coven of Reims cut short his apprenticeship. (He does have OoH Lore and Folk Witch Lore after all)

Minor thing: I added to Daria's invitation the fact that Yannis is not a member of the Order, and edited Sophie's invitation as well to acknowledge that neither her not Yannis are members.

2 Likes

I don't know where taking the Oath of Hermes fits with Sophie. I (the player) hadn't realized the oath itself had changed. I thought the oath was the same and was incorporated as a portion of the initiation into Parma Magica, rather than the oath being the initiation itself, or at least the major part of it. Sophie is not Gifted, so she cannot learn the Parma Magica.

The oath is part of then initiation. No need to undergo initiation to swear it.
She could also decide not to swear it and we can find a way to incorporate it into Triamore anyway. Thinks why I asked for changes to the oath of the covenant

I had figured she would swear both, but she won't be able to do the initiation.

Greetings all!

I am a bit late joining the saga, but it sounds like this will be an interesting and fun one.

What I am looking at right now in the way of a character is a philosophical elementalist. He is something of a Seeker, hoping to bring back some of the magical abilities attributed to Flambeau in the now-defunct Order of Hermes. He heard about those in stories when he was a child (his village included numerous descendants of convenfolks who keep the legends alive). So there may be a lot of distortion in those stories. :wink:

As a Seeker of lost knowledge, he will be looking at performing original research. I am aware that the Elementalist hedge tradition is not the best mechanically to duplicate Flambeau's fabled abilities. But my character doesn't know that, so he will make the attempt. :grin:

Welcome aboard. In the general forum there are some people like Gribble the munchkin that seem knowledgeable regarding elementalists. I would ask the mechanical doubts there.

Apart from that, eel free to read and ask whatever you want :slight_smile:

I've already read everything I could find on elementalists in old topics. I suspect that will still leave a lot of the decisions up to the troupe. Particularly since some will have nothing to do with Elementalists.

For instance, how would Original Research work for a hedge tradition? Particularly with this one, which has very little seasonal activities aside from study (from books or vis). No spells to invent, no items to enchant. Self-initiation of additional virtues may be one avenue to broaden his abilities, but would not really help with truly new stuff. Elementalists don't even have a (Hedge Magic) Theory. Or does Philosophiae count for a Philosophical Elementalist? Otherwise, that would be one of his first step.

I will need a topic to develop my character. His name shall be Boniface.

I read the description of the 3 magi of Triamore, and a strong link to Aline would work best. Aline was the magus who opened his Gift to his elementalist society, at the behest of a fellow member of the Pillar of Hiram who lives in Ghent. That was because Aline was more experienced and Boniface had a major virtue that needed to be preserved.

The Pillar of Hiram, in this case, would be a latinized and less spiritual version of the Ikhwan as-Safa' (Hedge Magic p.28), with a seeker approach to magic. As such, they possess a number of initiation scripts for additional elementalist virtues for Gifted members, which they make available only as members progress in knowledge. I will flesh this out fully in my character's topic and submit it to the troupe for approval.

1 Like

Sounds good. Tell me if you can open Boniface's thread. There have been some issues with permissions in this subforum.

Unable to open a new thread at this time.

Ok, kid sleeping. I will review your posts tomorrow morning on my way to work and reply if there are questions for me (I saw there were) still unresolved.
Xavi

I'm figuring we're all inside as Boniface arrives.

That was my assumption as well. Since Boniface has lived in Triamore before, his next move will be to make his way to the foyer to see Morris, who will probably send him on the the council room.

Sorry for the delay guys. I will post tomorrow. I have have had too many personal and gaming fronts open. My fault. I have been trying to devise something reasonable given the eclectic mix of PC. I decided to go with exploration of the primal forests, mundane politics (religious and otherwise) and a brewing Ash war. Let0s see if we can manage it :slight_smile:

I have been looking at the Meuse. It is big. Much bigger than it seems in the book. So big, in fact that it is a major navigable river. In the Triamor ebook it does not get a good representation.

To match the river and the triamore book we will make it nabvigable but dangeorus in Triamore's area down to Dinant. Downriver from Dinant it is easier travel. Bois de Haillot will havre a barge tha tis used to transport heavy goods (like agruicultural surplus if any) to Dinant. Triamore used to have a magical boat, buit it sunk a while ago. the river is tricky.

Well, as I said in the house rules thread, I am putting this on hold. I overburdened myself and I am not doing a good job nor enjoying this, so better to stop now than in the future when things and people are more invested.

Sorry for all the people that committed to it and hope I can come around and reactivate this soon enough.

Kind regards,
Xavi

Any chance of ever reactivating this saga? If not, we should probably ask for the saga to be retired.

Not likely. I lost interest in the saga as designed. I think it is my best effort at a believable world building, and I come back to my saga notes repeatedly, but not for this concrete saga, no.

It should be retired, yes.

If you can send an email to Michelle, I'm sure she would appreciate it. :slight_smile: